Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 12:05 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Remember me walking away at the party when you started spitting out the Apple crap saying how great it was? I think I said, this isn't going to end well and will take 2 hours lol.

Sony has never been known for any of its phones lol. Try a Galaxy S or one of the new droids. Glad you based Android off one pretty poorly sold phone that had bloat wear on it.

I've got an HTC incredible from 2 years ago. Was the best phone I've ever owned and never had any issues with it. Only upgraded to a new phone because I could and I wanted a change.

Because it's a pain in the ***. First you need to google Facebook apps to find out what everyone likes, then try either the one they like or 2-3 different ones to see what you like. The one I'm currently using works well for facebook but fails for pictures. With my HTC if I shot a picture I could click on the screen and push facebook. DONE. uploaded. With the iphone I have to take pictures, launch the app, open my pictures up within the app, then upload them 1 by 1 within the app. Last night I took a bunch of pictures and only uploaded 2-3 of them since it was a pain in the ***. I got home, hooked the phone to the computer, unloaded all pictures then uploaded them using my computer. Never once have I ever done that on my HTC.

Because with android the navigation is built into google mapes. Apple only shows your location on the map and will give you a read out of directions, it will not do step by step navigation. Thankfully there's a few hundred apps for that. Too bad I'm still trying to find one that works the best for me. Yet another thing Im wasting time on that I never had to think twice about with my Android, Andorids navication is the best nav I've ever used, better then the Mercedes, better then tom tom, better then Linhs pioneer.

Thankfully the saving grace for my Apple app navigation is I can have a cool avatar that other users can see on the road/map if we pass each other.

Can't you upgrade to Ios5 or are you jailbroken?

Bottom line, I've never once looked up how to do anything on my android phone outside of rooting it to tether.

So far I've had the Iphone for a week and at least every other day Ive had to search the internet for how to do a basic feature that I'd assume was built into the phone already.

Iphone 4S is the best looking phone hands down, the imessage and text message layout are IMO better then Android, Android has a much better e-mail layout to me.

I like how the contracts layout is with the Iphone but the Andorid isn't far behind it.

When I want to call Clay on my Iphone I have to say Call Clay, or start to dial his phone # that I don't know by heart.

With Android it has smart dialing where you type whatever # is for c and it pulls up all the Cs in your contracts, type C then A and it pulls up all Ca.... in your contacts. Why does apple not do this? I use that feature all the time.

App store with apple has a better layout VS android
Too bad anytime I look for an app I get 3 good options and 300 bad ones. Gotta read reviews or google to figure out what to get.

I've also noticed that with the Iphone if I drop out of 3G it just goes dead. It wont let you do chit.

With android or at least my HTC it just goes into 2G or whatever it is Verizon calls the next speed level down. So when I'm in my basement trying to update my contracts (can't do it over wifi) I CANNOT do it on my Iphone. I have to go upstairs to get a strong enough signal to kick into 3G again.

Android.... never an issue.

I like my Iphone, but I also like my Android. My biggest peeve right now with Apple is the users.

My biggest peeve with Android is all their phones are getting way to big and they all feel way too cheap.

As for using a phone I'd give Android at this point an 9 out of 10 and apple a 7/10

As far as quality of phone/build I'd give Apple a 10/10 and Android 5/10

I really dislike their current phones, even with the Kevlar backs They still feel like crap.
Dude! You are coming dangerously close to getting omitted off my FB list, my Xmas card list, and my White friends with sexy Asian wife's list with all this Clay slander I'm reading today.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:48 PM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

*bear hugs clay*

*cant reach my arms around him*
Old 12-11-2011, 12:57 PM
WYZIWYG

Originally Posted by kyle22
*bear hugs clay*

*cant reach my arms around him*
*adds two more stars next to Kyle's name on my White friends with Hot Redheaded GFs List*

*briefly considers scratching line through Jeffie's name*
Old 12-11-2011, 01:17 PM
kyle22

For a beater/DD car something cheap (less than 2k) what you guys think about an Integra/civic? Un-molested, not modded, good condition car. Think it can be found?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 PM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive seen them pop up but for
1500-2000 range they will be pretty high

3500-5000 will buy a lot of civic
Old 12-11-2011, 01:37 PM
kyle22

Ive seen them pop up but for
1500-2000 range they will be pretty high

3500-5000 will buy a lot of civic
just got to find them.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:15 PM
jeffie7

Missed the mileage part in that last post. High mileage.

Damn iPhone lol Jk
Old 12-11-2011, 02:30 PM
kyle22

missed the mileage part in that last post. High mileage.

Damn iphone lol jk
oooooohhhhhh!!!!!!!
Old 12-11-2011, 02:37 PM
kyle22

watching Super Troopers. Forgot how stupid/funny this movie is

The Snozberries taste like snozberries
Old 12-11-2011, 05:20 PM
jeffie7

Kyle check out http://www.hondamarketplace.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42 so many good cars pop up on there. Many are willing to do trades.

Originally Posted by Shin Beats
No, not anything apple related. Just the phone/other portable devices. I do not have a mac, but I really like this phone, so I may opt for one in the future, but I thnk we had a conversation about why PC is better. BUT I'll never know until I try it.

I really hated the iPhone until the 4 came out and I tried it.
I never said PC was better, I explained that you can get so much more PC for the dollar.

The #1 factor for music people to buy a Mac is protools. If you want protools get a mac. If you want Sonar (much cheaper and a great option) then its only for PC. Middle of the road would be Cubase that's for both mac and PC and it's a great program.

People who use PC tend to build a bad *** computer and run it.
People who use Macs tend to use the Mac as a host and PCs as slaves.
The mac allows them to use OSX and Protools while the PC runs all the processing power and samples so the Mac does nothing more then handle the mixing of it all.

Keep in mind people running PCs as slaves are running 16GB+ memory a few 1TB+ drives as with a handful of SSD drives. That chit adds up fast in a mac. Even more so when case space can be limited or expansion sometimes next to nothing when it comes to options.

So pro audio guys who use macs tend to also use PCs
people who use pcs just use pcs.

Then again from as much as I've pushed you to learn writing, playing and recording music. I don't see you needing either. You'll just need something that will allow you to cut/paste/split mp3s and add beats. So PC or Mac, wont make a difference unless you like the whole "I'm a professional, so I use a mac" angle.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:59 PM
dholmblad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it bad for a vehicles suspension to have it on a lift for a long period of time? For example more than 2 days?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:54 PM
jeffie7

Most people with FI cars have had their cars on lifts from 2days up to a year or two.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:47 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dholmblad
Is it bad for a vehicles suspension to have it on a lift for a long period of time? For example more than 2 days?
Ive seen reports saying it could be negative on some of the suspension components since they arent designed to be holding their own weight at that angle... blah blah blah....

I left my car jacked up with no rims on it jacks on the subframe for an entire year when I was in Iraq and I had absolutely no issues when I got back home and put it back on the road. If it will make something fail sooner then it would have before I havent seen it yet
Old 12-12-2011, 01:22 AM
jasabeast

Kyle check out http://www.hondamarketplace.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42 so many good cars pop up on there. Many are willing to do trades.

I never said PC was better, I explained that you can get so much more PC for the dollar.

The #1 factor for music people to buy a Mac is protools. If you want protools get a mac. If you want Sonar (much cheaper and a great option) then its only for PC. Middle of the road would be Cubase that's for both mac and PC and it's a great program.

People who use PC tend to build a bad *** computer and run it.
People who use Macs tend to use the Mac as a host and PCs as slaves.
The mac allows them to use OSX and Protools while the PC runs all the processing power and samples so the Mac does nothing more then handle the mixing of it all.

Keep in mind people running PCs as slaves are running 16GB+ memory a few 1TB+ drives as with a handful of SSD drives. That chit adds up fast in a mac. Even more so when case space can be limited or expansion sometimes next to nothing when it comes to options.

So pro audio guys who use macs tend to also use PCs
people who use pcs just use pcs.

Then again from as much as I've pushed you to learn writing, playing and recording music. I don't see you needing either. You'll just need something that will allow you to cut/paste/split mp3s and add beats. So PC or Mac, wont make a difference unless you like the whole "I'm a professional, so I use a mac" angle.
I just bought the Mac Mini and have a dual monitor setup in my room (2- 20in LED HP's) love the Mac and only use my PC for school work.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Shin Beats

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jeff, would you like to teach me how to write music?
Old 12-12-2011, 01:06 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by jasabeast
I just bought the Mac Mini and have a dual monitor setup in my room (2- 20in LED HP's) love the Mac and only use my PC for school work.
I'm talking about work stations. For basic use theres no reason to have a slave pc setup.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:08 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by Shin Beats
Jeff, would you like to teach me how to write music?
Nope.

Get a keyboard and start hitting keys.

Anything more then clicking a mouse button will be a step forward.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
WYZIWYG

Jeff, when you redid your kitchen who helped you with the countertops?
Old 12-12-2011, 03:49 PM
bigcloud

Originally Posted by dholmblad
Great, thank you so much for this information. The one in FFX was trying to charge my $1500 for the job, and I was thinking no no thats way to much time. From the directions on zspeed it doesnt look to complicated.

What year was your Z? Mine is 2008 so the slave is inside of the transmission.

No problem man. Sorry for the late response I was at Snowshoe for opening Snowboarding weekend. My Z is a 2003 with 149k on the original equipment. So it was time. That's crazy FFX was trying to charge you so much. Yeah it's not complicated to do, but a little time consuming. They initially weren't going to replace the master cylinder, but they couldn't get the air all the way bled out of the system. There turned out to be a leak in the master cylinder. I told them to go ahead and change that out as well. If you need help changing it hit me up. I have lots of tools and a garage.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:52 PM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by WYZIWYG
Jeff, when you redid your kitchen who helped you with the countertops?
First one I did myself, the granite was done by some place off defense highway in millersville cost around 2400

Quick Reply: Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel