Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
jeffie7

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shin Beats
Welcome to team Apple. Best choice you've ever made in getting rid of that faildroid.

I should be upgrading to the 4S after Christmas. (Anticipating Apple Store gift cards for Christmas, yo)

And sorry about the car.
Guess what, I also picked up an Iphone 4S since all the new droids are too Friggin big.

So many things I miss from my android.

Take a picture and want to upload it directly to Facebook? Nope, can't do it. You'll need an app for that.

Want to use SIRI to say, get me to such and such restaurant? Nope can't do it. It will pull it up on a map, yet oh wait... Iphone DOES NOT have Navigation. You'll need an App for that.

If I could take 60% Droid and 40% iphone I'd have the perfect phone.

I like my 4s but my god it's not the best thing out there. wah wah wah. We get it you and that Znancy or something guy are Apple Fanbois that can't see past the A.

SIRI so far for me has also been pretty fail. I was expecting it to do a much better job based on the Fanbois making it out to be god like.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:04 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome to team Apple. Best choice you've ever made in getting rid of that faildroid.

I should be upgrading to the 4S after Christmas. (Anticipating Apple Store gift cards for Christmas, yo)

And sorry about the car.
I haven't had any major problems with the droid but they offered me an early upgrade so i figured why not try out the 4s.

The car is an easy fix just have to get it done. I finally can start back to the car mods again so come spring time I should be back in the game and loving the car again.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 AM
jeffie7

BTW I also find it irconic that someone who steals so much stuff music wise likes being on a locked down phone.

Android seems to fit Shin better in every way but the braggin way.

In the end, it's not about what you use, but what people see you using -_- That shiny apple logo = WIN!
Old 12-11-2011, 11:07 AM
kyle22

Originally Posted by jeffie7
Guess what, I also picked up an Iphone 4S since all the new droids are too Friggin big.

So many things I miss from my android.

Take a picture and want to upload it directly to Facebook? Nope, can't do it. You'll need an app for that.

Want to use SIRI to say, get me to such and such restaurant? Nope can't do it. It will pull it up on a map, yet oh wait... Iphone DOES NOT have Navigation. You'll need an App for that.

If I could take 60% Droid and 40% iphone I'd have the perfect phone.

I like my 4s but my god it's not the best thing out there. wah wah wah. We get it you and that Znancy or something guy are Apple Fanbois that can't see past the A.

SIRI so far for me has also been pretty fail. I was expecting it to do a much better job based on the Fanbois making it out to be god like.
So all you got to do is get the app. One more step but o well.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Shin Beats

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Woah there, Jeffie-bro. No need to call me a fanboi and shyt.

When I say faildroid I speak from personal experience of actually owning an Android OS Phone for about a month. This phone was the Sony Xperia X10. 8 Megapixel camera, 1ghz processor, all the good stuff. The phone did not perform as smoothly as the iPhone 4, and it had poor battery life, and crashed a few times. All of the apps that I use did not run as well as they do on the iPhone.

I also know a few people with HTC Evo's, who experience the same problems. I liked my iPhone more than the Android because it did not (and has yet to experience such problems), so that's what I suggest to people who ask.

And what's wrong with using an app for uploading a picture to facebook? Is it such a HUGE ****ing deal to have to use the app? Last I checked, google maps came preinstalled on the iPhone (as well as android). What is the turn by turn navigation app that comes preinstalled on Android, if that's such a big deal?

I do not have an iP4s so I can't vouch for SIRI yet, but I'll have it soon enough.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
kyle22

BTW I also find it irconic that someone who steals so much stuff music wise likes being on a locked down phone.

In the end, it's not about what you use, but what people see you using -_- That shiny apple logo = WIN!
I needed a new ipod anyway. the camera capability is nice but i think the android is the same except for the motion fix.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
jeffie7

Originally Posted by kyle22
So all you got to do is get the app. One more step but o well.
Apple has a way of stripping it down so everything works well. If you add something and it doesnt work, its the apps fault.

There's 209348029348092 apps some work well some dont, my main issue is with android the nav was built into the phone and worked with everything very well. With apple you need to run it within the app. You also need to try a handful of them to find the one that works the best for you. The one I'm using now isnt bad but it cant even find my house.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Shin Beats

You even admitted that you've gotten free samples online as well.

You make it sound like I have thousands of stolen MP3's. This is not the case.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
kyle22

Apple has a way of stripping it down so everything works well. If you add something and it doesnt work, its the apps fault.

There's 209348029348092 apps some work well some dont, my main issue is with android the nav was built into the phone and worked with everything very well. With apple you need to run it within the app. You also need to try a handful of them to find the one that works the best for you. The one I'm using now isnt bad but it cant even find my house.
Thats a good point. I think I only used the GPS on my phone once while i was walking around in DC. It was linked to google so I was able to use street view.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:30 AM
jeffie7

Woah there, Jeffie-bro. No need to call me a fanboi and shyt.
Remember me walking away at the party when you started spitting out the Apple crap saying how great it was? I think I said, this isn't going to end well and will take 2 hours lol.

When I say faildroid I speak from personal experience of actually owning an Android OS Phone for about a month. This phone was the Sony Xperia X10. 8 Megapixel camera, 1ghz processor, all the good stuff. The phone did not perform as smoothly as the iPhone 4, and it had poor battery life, and crashed a few times. All of the apps that I use did not run as well as they do on the iPhone.
Sony has never been known for any of its phones lol. Try a Galaxy S or one of the new droids. Glad you based Android off one pretty poorly sold phone that had bloat wear on it.

I also know a few people with HTC Evo's, who experience the same problems. I liked my iPhone more than the Android because it did not (and has yet to experience such problems), so that's what I suggest to people who ask.
I've got an HTC incredible from 2 years ago. Was the best phone I've ever owned and never had any issues with it. Only upgraded to a new phone because I could and I wanted a change.

And what's wrong with using an app for uploading a picture to facebook? Is it such a HUGE ****ing deal to have to use the app?
Because it's a pain in the ***. First you need to google Facebook apps to find out what everyone likes, then try either the one they like or 2-3 different ones to see what you like. The one I'm currently using works well for facebook but fails for pictures. With my HTC if I shot a picture I could click on the screen and push facebook. DONE. uploaded. With the iphone I have to take pictures, launch the app, open my pictures up within the app, then upload them 1 by 1 within the app. Last night I took a bunch of pictures and only uploaded 2-3 of them since it was a pain in the ***. I got home, hooked the phone to the computer, unloaded all pictures then uploaded them using my computer. Never once have I ever done that on my HTC.

Last I checked, google maps came preinstalled on the iPhone (as well as android). What is the turn by turn navigation app that comes preinstalled on Android, if that's such a big deal?
Because with android the navigation is built into google mapes. Apple only shows your location on the map and will give you a read out of directions, it will not do step by step navigation. Thankfully there's a few hundred apps for that. Too bad I'm still trying to find one that works the best for me. Yet another thing Im wasting time on that I never had to think twice about with my Android, Andorids navication is the best nav I've ever used, better then the Mercedes, better then tom tom, better then Linhs pioneer.

Thankfully the saving grace for my Apple app navigation is I can have a cool avatar that other users can see on the road/map if we pass each other.

I do not have an iP4s so I can't vouch for SIRI yet, but I'll have it soon enough.
Can't you upgrade to Ios5 or are you jailbroken?

Bottom line, I've never once looked up how to do anything on my android phone outside of rooting it to tether.

So far I've had the Iphone for a week and at least every other day Ive had to search the internet for how to do a basic feature that I'd assume was built into the phone already.

Iphone 4S is the best looking phone hands down, the imessage and text message layout are IMO better then Android, Android has a much better e-mail layout to me.

I like how the contracts layout is with the Iphone but the Andorid isn't far behind it.

When I want to call Clay on my Iphone I have to say Call Clay, or start to dial his phone # that I don't know by heart.

With Android it has smart dialing where you type whatever # is for c and it pulls up all the Cs in your contracts, type C then A and it pulls up all Ca.... in your contacts. Why does apple not do this? I use that feature all the time.

App store with apple has a better layout VS android
Too bad anytime I look for an app I get 3 good options and 300 bad ones. Gotta read reviews or google to figure out what to get.

I've also noticed that with the Iphone if I drop out of 3G it just goes dead. It wont let you do chit.

With android or at least my HTC it just goes into 2G or whatever it is Verizon calls the next speed level down. So when I'm in my basement trying to update my contracts (can't do it over wifi) I CANNOT do it on my Iphone. I have to go upstairs to get a strong enough signal to kick into 3G again.

Android.... never an issue.

I like my Iphone, but I also like my Android. My biggest peeve right now with Apple is the users.

My biggest peeve with Android is all their phones are getting way to big and they all feel way too cheap.

As for using a phone I'd give Android at this point an 9 out of 10 and apple a 7/10

As far as quality of phone/build I'd give Apple a 10/10 and Android 5/10

I really dislike their current phones, even with the Kevlar backs They still feel like crap.

Last edited by jeffie7; 12-11-2011 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 AM
jeffie7

You even admitted that you've gotten free samples online as well.

You make it sound like I have thousands of stolen MP3's. This is not the case.
In the past I've downloaded pirated samples to DEMO if I like them I BUY them. I spent a few hundred bucks on samples (back when they were cheap) on stuff I never used and said F that I'm going to try them first before I buy. I've never once used anything in production.

Now, that's not an issue. All legit sample software offers demos of some sort, back in the day it was hard to come by. I can honestly say it's been at least 10 years since I've downloaded anything to "try" before I BUY

Every single thing I use in music protection I own a licenses for it.

Last edited by jeffie7; 12-11-2011 at 11:37 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:38 AM
Shin Beats

I'm not saying that Android completely sucks. I'm saying that I PERSONALLY had a bad experience with one.

And you read some bullsht, cause MINE even goes to 2G if needed (or EDGE in AT&T's case), and when it does it is fully functioning. I do have iOS5, but only iPhone 4S with the dual core processor can support SIRI (supposedly).

I have a facebook app and it's very, very easy for me to upload photos. I thought there was only one FaceBook app anyway? Maybe you got some bootleg shyt lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:42 AM
jeffie7

Thats a good point. I think I only used the GPS on my phone once while i was walking around in DC. It was linked to google so I was able to use street view.
We are always driving around NVA/DC and use navigation I'd say 3-4 times a month. It's not a deal breaker since there is a few hundred app options for nav. I've found that pretty much anything you want to do (within apples limits) can be found in the app market easily and for free or for 99c

Only problem is you have a great flowing phone that works really well but all the stuff you want to use is added on. So yeah, the phone is great, got any problems? write the programer of the app you're having problems with.

Also Safari IMO is better then Mozilla as with the default android browser.

Uploading facebook pictures does suck. I use that feature all the time and it really takes effort to get them up and in the correct order. I need to look at a few other apps to see if I can get one that can launch a picture upload directly from the camera.

ups/downs on both ends.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 AM
kyle22

all right boys shake your d!cks this pissing contest is over.

Andrioid (wavy = Sign) iPhone

Last edited by kyle22; 12-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:47 AM
jeffie7

I'm not saying that Android completely sucks. I'm saying that I PERSONALLY had a bad experience with one.

And you read some bullsht, cause MINE even goes to 2G if needed (or EDGE in AT&T's case), and when it does it is fully functioning. I do have iOS5, but only iPhone 4S with the dual core processor can support SIRI (supposedly).

I have a facebook app and it's very, very easy for me to upload photos. I thought there was only one FaceBook app anyway? Maybe you got some bootleg shyt lol.
When I'm in my basement my phone goes from 3G then the 3G turns into a little o and the internet just stops working. If I'm uploading contacts to verizon it will give me a connection error.

Could be a Verizon thing. I read it no where. That's what I've dealt with.

It's very easy to upload a picture to facebook but not easy if I'm trying to do it on the fly.

Take picture > home screen > launch facebook app > go to main page > pictures > upload pictures > upload from gallery > select picture > done

Android

Take picture > tap screen > upload to facebook > done

With the apple facebook app, you can launch the app > main screen > pictures > take picture with camera > done

Then you can take a picture and it uploads. Then you pretty much need to take a picture knowing 100% for sure that it is going on facebook. If you take 20 pictures and only want 4 of them up on facebook. Well.....
Old 12-11-2011, 11:51 AM
jeffie7

all right boys shake your d!cks this pissing contest is over.

Andrioid (wavy = Sign) iPhone
Waiting for something so I don't have enough time to get into anything other then random forum postings.

Both phones are fine, just don't go spewing crap out about faildroids and how apple is better.

Goes either way depending on what you use your phone for.

Last edited by jeffie7; 12-11-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Shin Beats

Okay Jeffie. I won't use the term faildroid no more.

Butthurt over now?
Old 12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Just met a guy at the gym who's technically homeless and sleeping in his car. God this place is depressing on a Sunday...
Old 12-11-2011, 11:54 AM
jeffie7

Okay Jeffie. I won't use the term faildroid no more.

Butthurt over now?
Nah, anytime apple comes up to you, you'll spread your words regardless. It's the shin in you.

Butthurt? meh I can't get butthurt over anything shin related.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Shin Beats

No, not anything apple related. Just the phone/other portable devices. I do not have a mac, but I really like this phone, so I may opt for one in the future, but I thnk we had a conversation about why PC is better. BUT I'll never know until I try it.

I really hated the iPhone until the 4 came out and I tried it.

Quick Reply: Mid-A Random-ness Discussion Thread: the Zequel