Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

ZDAYZ 2011! Offical Info and Sign-Up Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 10:54 AM
pfregeolle

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Talking ZDAYZ 2011! Offical Info and Sign-Up Thread!!

BY ENTHUSIASTS, FOR ENTHUSIASTS!

Gathering interest from the Z33 group! Been talking about going with the Z34 guys, and I want to see who wants to come from this forum! Apparently the Skyline owners go the same weekend, so it just turns into a giant Nissan/Infiniti cruise of a weekend.

DATES:

Wednesday, May 18th - Sunday, May 22nd, 2011

Various locations including the Tail of the Dragon at Deal's Gap in North Carolina.

TIMES:

Check in with the ZDAYZ web page for more information on what time all the events are occurring on each day. These are all events from the LAST ZDAYZ, but you can get an idea of what will be happening on each day for this coming year:

http://www.zdayz.com/events/

LODGING:

You can stay at the Fontana Village Resort, where there are various types of lodging from hotels, to full-out cabins. This is the central location of all the activities at ZDAYZ. You can find more information about lodging here:

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

COSTS:

Full Access-Primary: $60
Full Access-Guest: $45
Friday Only-Primary: $35
Friday Only-Guest: $20
Saturday Only-Primary: $45
Saturday Only-Guest: $30
Car Show Only: $10

Visit the ZDAYZ Web Page for more information on what each pass will get you into, etc..

Registration Page:
http://www.zdayz.com/registration/registration.php

I'd really like to rent a cabin for the time we're down there. Is there anyone committed to renting a cabin with me and few other people, so we can just split the costs and have more room to relax?

Sign-Up List:
1. pfregeolle +1
2. kyle22
3. Barnabas

Sign-Up List for Cabin!!!:
1. pfregeolle +1
2. 2theextreme (From the 370 forum)
3. kyle22
4. Barnabas +1

Photos from some past events:

Let's make this a good turnout for the Mid-A Z's!!!!

Last edited by pfregeolle; 11-05-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:47 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Well may seems like a little far off but gives me plenty of time to save up. Im game.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:49 AM
kyle22

Sorry can't edit on my phone....but get a price quote for how much people will need to save up to get the cabin. This will be a lot of fun.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:11 PM
pfregeolle

Cool!^ Good idea, I'll look into right now. And post some pictures of different options, etc...

This is exactly why I wanted to post it now, so people have time to plan for it, save, whatever else they need to do.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:17 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paul ill talk to nicole and see if me or both of us can make it! Def get price for the cabin though.

And are we gonna go down a day early to watch/run in the airstrip event??
Old 11-05-2010, 12:26 PM
pfregeolle

I would suggest we get the Magnolias Log Cabin. It has 3 bedrooms, one with a king bed, one with a full, and one with two twin beds. And a kitchen, fireplace, tv, etc etc. Here's the description from their web page:

Magnolia3B

These spacious cabins are great for larger families. Each has a fully equipped kitchen, a wood-burning fireplace located in living room and each is equipped with central heat and air conditioning. These cabins have three bedrooms and two bathrooms. The master bedroom features a king bed and a connected private bathroom with a garden style whirlpool tub as well as a separate shower. In the second bedroom there is a full size bed, and two twin beds in the third bedroom. People come to the mountains to get away and to that end, phone service in not available in these cabins. Cable television and a washer and dryer in the unit round out the conveniences in these cabins. All linens are provided.

Rates very somewhat depending on the time of year and day of week. Rates are generally lowest between November and March and Sunday through Thursday. Pricing for the Magnolia 3 Bedrooms cabins range from $129 to $279 per night. Click here to check rates and availability for your stay or contact the resort directly at 800.849.2258.

So looks like we'd pay between $129 and $279 a night, which is between $387 and $837 for 3 nights. Split between, say 4-5 people, it would be $77 to $210 per person. Sounds like a wicked deal to me....for a log cabin!
Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 PM
Barnabas

if we get 3 couples thats 6 people... that means at most its less then 200 a person for 3 nights
Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 PM
kyle22

Omg dude!!! Im so down for that i will put up $200 or more if need be.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:29 PM
kyle22

Couples? Hmmm i don't do the whole couple thing....(slowly backs up....then turns and runs) lol im sure i can find someone i can withstand for more then 3 days.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:30 PM
pfregeolle

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Paul ill talk to nicole and see if me or both of us can make it! Def get price for the cabin though.

And are we gonna go down a day early to watch/run in the airstrip event??
AWESOME man! Sounds good! I know the airstrip thing is usually the wednesday before, so I wasn't planning to go down Wed. I think a lot of guys are leaving EARLY Thursday morning. Tony said last time they left early and got in at 4PM. I'm cool with that on Thursday. There's also the car show and other stuff going on ( I think there's another driving event aside from the mountain runs ). But I'm planning to leave with the other guys from VA I think on Thursday.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:32 PM
pfregeolle

Originally Posted by kyle22
Couples? Hmmm i don't do the whole couple thing....(slowly backs up....then turns and runs) lol im sure i can find someone i can withstand for more then 3 days.
HAHAHAHA^ Oh man. Well I know Tony was interested in going into a cabin with us, and he's solo. So that would work. I mean we can stuff more people in there and just make it even less per person. At least if we can find out who is DEFINITELY committed to doing it, then we can get an idea of how many people to expect in one cabin. I mean someone can always bring a sleeping bag or whatever and we can snag extra blankets and post up on the floor or couch, etc.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:37 PM
kyle22

Originally Posted by pfregeolle
HAHAHAHA^ Oh man. Well I know Tony was interested in going into a cabin with us, and he's solo. So that would work. I mean we can stuff more people in there and just make it even less per person. At least if we can find out who is DEFINITELY committed to doing it, then we can get an idea of how many people to expect in one cabin. I mean someone can always bring a sleeping bag or whatever and we can snag extra blankets and post up on the floor or couch, etc.
You can count me in as an offical person going. Can we create forts? And have pillow fights? Lol
Old 11-05-2010, 12:41 PM
Barnabas

thursday works for me... Ill tell nicole this is a guys weekend so we can forget the couples thing lol.

ill let you know when I know for sure but I am a strong possibility. Im still mad I missed last years since the car was in the shop.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:48 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Been attending since '05 - it goes on my vacation calendar as soon as I return from the current year, and spend the entire week. Best Z Event in the country, hands down.
Old 11-05-2010, 12:51 PM
kyle22

thursday works for me... Ill tell nicole this is a guys weekend so we can forget the couples thing lol.

ill let you know when I know for sure but I am a strong possibility. Im still mad I missed last years since the car was in the shop.
You can bring nicole. And bring becky for me lol
Old 11-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by kyle22
You can bring nicole. And bring becky for me lol
lol well I think thats up to everyone else in the cabin as well.. Since I dont wanna be the only person bringing a girl and what not.. Dont want things to be awkward

I know she wouldn't care but I dont want to impose either.

You have to meet becky first before I can invite her for a weekend with you lmao
Old 11-05-2010, 01:23 PM
kyle22

lol well I think thats up to everyone else in the cabin as well.. Since I dont wanna be the only person bringing a girl and what not.. Dont want things to be awkward

You have to meet becky first before I can invite her for a weekend with you lmao

Lmao!!!! Good point. Make it happen!! Lol
Old 11-05-2010, 01:45 PM
pfregeolle

Barney, I was planning to bring Melissa, as long as she WANTS to come. So feel free to bring Nicole, definitely. I'm not gonna hate on any females being in the cabin! Hahaha Either way, it's better to have more if we're going to have some girls with us because then they can socialize or whatever, since Melissa always looks for other girls to talk to at meets, etc haha. I'll see if Woody wants to go with us too! Oh also, there's a wine and cheese tasting thing on Saturday from like 3 to 5 I think, and it's aimed towards couples. So its not just car related stuff all weekend long. So that should be something that we could all go to as couples or whatever. haha

Perf. Z, Awesome man! I can't wait to go, this is my first one and I'm looking forward to it very much since I hear such great things about it.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:00 AM
2theextreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can promise that there will be at least 2 sets of couples from the 370z folks....as it was last year. Everything worked out fine, single or not. Everyone is just there to check out the cars, run The Dragon, check out the car show, and yes, there is a morning cruise on Saturday, if I remember right. That was the same day as the car show so you sorta have to decide: do I wanna enter my car or do the cruise? They start setting up for the car show around 9 AM so that's the main reason...the cruise lasts a little longer, I think.
Old 11-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic

I stayed in the magnolia by myself last year... since the other guys I was going with bailed on me the week before . It is OK, but its more like camping (I don't camp) then it is staying in a resort. I was the only one who could get phone or internet (verizon) at all unless you were in the hotel lobby.

Just a thought for those who were thinking of attending the airstrip event. Its 2-3 hours drive to get from Fontana to the airstrip IIRC. Some of us (me, XKR, ToastZ, Sharif, Blackbird) stayed the night at the Hampton that is 10 minutes from the airstrip.

One more thing, get to the village during the day, its completely pitch black at night with no street lamps or outside lights to see the numbers on the cabins. I got lucky and found mine by chance when I stopped to turn around.

Nothing was more fun than blasting through the dragon trying to keep pace with all the other high HP Z/Gs... while Paul was cuising in his GTR effortlessly. The ride out in the rain was much less fun.

Quick Reply: ZDAYZ 2011! Offical Info and Sign-Up Thread!!