Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

The big boom theory of Mid A

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011 | 09:11 PM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

Default The big boom theory of Mid A

I have been here on the forums for a couple years now and ive been to my fair share of meets and of course to my fair share of performance shops/body shops.
There has been a lot of drama and competition but all in all, cause and effect comes into play. I find it very interesting that we have had some big name shops compete against one another, bashing each other, and some of us even took sides for one shop over another. Now most of them went out of business.

Then comes the "big boom theory"

"According to the Big Bang model, the universe, originally in an extremely hot and dense state that expanded rapidly, has since cooled by expanding to the present diluted state, and continues to expand today."

AAM being a big name shop with their creations will be used as the core. They put out work on client's cars. Produced parts for the Z and G community and had incredible CNC machines at their disposal. They accumulated a large clientele. Then the quality of their work and customer service diminished. The clients became heated...and then extremely hot. Word of mouth spread putting their reputation on the edge and this bad rep began to expand more...rapidly.
It seemed AAM technicians there were starting to learn from this, gaining experience and knowledge.
They started to EVOLVE! they hatched! spread their wings and left the nest!
Some of the Best shops in the Mid-A were born!

In conclusion, maybe we should thank the shops that did bad...because without them, new experiences could not have been born. Learning experiences happen to us all, and be grateful the right people learned from the worst experiences to prevail!

I think this year the Mid-A is going to be lively again!

Last edited by atomicgoofball; 01-20-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-21-2011 | 05:38 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by atomicgoofball
in conclusion, maybe we should thank the shops that did bad
not a chance
Old 01-21-2011 | 05:58 AM
WYZIWYG

Last edited by WYZIWYG; 01-21-2011 at 06:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2011 | 06:21 AM
NNOCENT

I was actually a little stunned the first time I heard Dave @FT had worked at AAM, Frank @ HG had worked at AAM, Chris @ EI has known Frank for many years, Ben @ Fe used to work at MA.

Bottom line is that each of these persons was put off by the upper management mis-managing projects had the guts and smarts to start their own business and address / improve the customer service side of the business

and now we have some BOMB Mid-A shops.

Where did Ray @ PF work before PF ?
Old 01-21-2011 | 06:55 AM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

Originally Posted by Alberto
not a chance
lmao!!!
Old 01-21-2011 | 07:16 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Somebody was smoking something.....

If I start to talk philosophy, all of you with IQ below 140 will have your heads exploded.

Last edited by bb1314; 01-21-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 01-21-2011 | 07:35 AM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

Originally Posted by bb1314

If I start to talk philosophy, all of you with IQ below 140 will have your heads exploded.
hahah bring it on DK
Old 01-21-2011 | 11:31 AM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Old 01-21-2011 | 11:57 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Einstein once said if one approaches the speed of light, time would slow down. That brings up an interesting point. So if speed goes up, time slows down, that means speed and time are inversely proportional. Now lets use it to apply to something we can relate to. For instance a person who is 30 could be physically younger than a person who is 28 but older by time measurement. Why is that the case? Because the 30 year old person is living "Faster" (In terms of speed) hence "slower" (in terms of time) in compared to the 28 year old. Weird huh? Makes no sense to most people with below 140 IQ still. Let me give an example that does require IQ higher than 140 to understand. Lets say the amount of things for both the 30 year old person and the 28 year old person to accomplish in life are the same. Since the 30 year old is faster, he can accomplish the total amount of things in less amount of time than the 28 year old. Got to throw in one more variable for it to completely make sense. Time is only relevant to one self. Meaning you cannot apply the same qualitative "time" to more than one individual. You often hear people saying "OMG the day went by fast". That statement doesn't apply to another person. Okay... enough random thinking... back to coding

Last edited by bb1314; 01-21-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2011 | 12:04 PM
Barnabas

Thats simple... and can easily be shown in examples I mean you could argue the fact those who live longer, look younger, or are in better health in older age then a younger counterpart lived a "faster" life.

Now if you got the exact formula and did a scientific experiment to show the inversely related speed and the rate at witch it affects aging and how a white person will always be younger then an Asian since we drive faster then I will consider your IQ earned.
Old 01-21-2011 | 12:20 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Originally Posted by Barnabas
Thats simple... and can easily be shown in examples I mean you could argue the fact those who live longer, look younger, or are in better health in older age then a younger counterpart lived a "faster" life.

Now if you got the exact formula and did a scientific experiment to show the inversely related speed and the rate at witch it affects aging and how a white person will always be younger then an Asian since we drive faster then I will consider your IQ earned.
Hmmm I wonder why I look younger than most of you white folks here when I drive like a grandpa.
Old 01-21-2011 | 12:25 PM
Barnabas

Hmmm I wonder why I look younger than most of you white folks here when I drive like a grandpa.
Then you have to equate the variable for the fact that
looks does not equal Age

Therfore you could actually be older then others your age based on your speed of life yet look half as young.

Also another question... If you take 2 people and move them at the same speeds through all their lives but one does everything outside and the other one does everything indoors, How do you account for sun wear? Since the Sun obviously will make someone appear to be older/ragged/tougher
Who is older who is younger? What if the one outside did everything in life faster. Then he is he still younger?

Im bored at work so this is kinda fun to think up haha
Old 01-21-2011 | 01:15 PM
WYZIWYG

*sneaks up behind E10*
*whispers the word Kindle in his ear*
*watches him curl up in the fetal position on the floor*

Old 01-21-2011 | 02:18 PM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

Originally Posted by Barnabas

Good one B!
Old 01-21-2011 | 02:20 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by superchargedg
Good one B!
My IQ rises when I am bored
Old 01-21-2011 | 03:04 PM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

damumnnn BARN!!! IQ WARs!!!
Old 01-24-2011 | 06:20 AM
phunkenstein

Bring it ******!
Old 01-24-2011 | 11:50 AM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by phunkenstein
Bring it ******!
Start you with an easy one

A man lives on the tenth floor of a building. Every morning he takes the elevator down to the lobby and leaves the building. In the evening, he gets into the elevator, and, if there is someone else in the elevator or if its raining that day he goes back to his floor directly. Otherwise, he goes to the seventh floor and walks up three flights of stairs to his apartment.

Why?
Old 01-24-2011 | 12:47 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Lobby is on the 7th floor and there is an underground parking garage
Old 01-24-2011 | 12:54 PM
Barnabas

Originally Posted by Cass007
Lobby is on the 7th floor and there is an underground parking garage
nope sorry