Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Where is good bodyshop to install bodykits in NorthenVA

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 10:18 PM
liQUidSkYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where is good bodyshop to install bodykits in NorthenVA

Need help find good local bodykits installer (Fairfax Alexandria Arlington will b nice but dc and montgomery is ok.) About to purchase FRP kits from extreme dimension. I chose extreme dimension coz my budget (i no what u paid is what u get; anyhow, cant afford to spend 5k on the exteriors) i heard some bad comment bout extreme dimension fitment but good body shop should b able deal with installation.
a good friend had knock off fiberglass body kit b4 said "he cant really tell the different after installed & painted" is it true?
Also any idea how much is the estimate for install & paint?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
dj lizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will first this question have been answered a million time check out the tread on bodywork shop available here. As for the shops I would say Premier collision Repairs in Springfield they are cheep fitment is great but there paint on FG just sucks sometimes there is a lot of imperfections "could be the quality of the part not the work". check them out there really friendly and well assist you with every thing.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:57 AM
350zfan1

Look into Base auto body or D&V.

D&V being the more expensive but they do a hell of a job , ask for kevin.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:42 AM
ECLIPSEGST25

Dude deffinitly go to Base Auto Body. I just took my car their last week for a full body kit, spoiler, and custom 2 tone paint job and they did a great job for a great price. D&V is good too but I couldn't afford the prices that they were asking. Too much in my opinion. 410-796-6704 tell them Ruben sent you. they will hook you up.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:05 AM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

Originally Posted by ECLIPSEGST25
Dude deffinitly go to Base Auto Body. I just took my car their last week for a full body kit, spoiler, and custom 2 tone paint job and they did a great job for a great price. D&V is good too but I couldn't afford the prices that they were asking. Too much in my opinion. 410-796-6704 tell them Ruben sent you. they will hook you up.
yup base auto body is where i got my widebody kit and repaint done. My car is on their shop tshirts hahaah
Old 02-23-2011, 07:30 AM
abui01

keep in mind that buying knock-off kits tend to cost you more money down the line in terms of paying someone to fit it properly to your vehicle.

For example, you might have paid $500 for a full kit vs $1200 for the real deal, and it might take the body guy 5hrs to sand/prep/cut/re-bondo certain areas to get 100% fitment @ $99/hr, so in the end you spent $1000 and it's still a replica with lower quality fiberglass vs spending the extra $200 for perfect fitment and higher overall quality.

Paint isn't always just paint and it's not always just "best price." There are a million other factors you have to keep in mind like how company X preps the part vs company Y. Quality of paint, did they add in enough flex additives so my paint won't spiderweb if a pebble hits it? Quality of clear coat, number of layers, etc. Any joe schmoe shop can paint a bodykit (trust me, I've seen plenty) and the paint will look fantastic (for awhile). I had a friend who got his kit "painted" for dirt cheap and it literally fell apart and spiderwebbed the follow week when a small rock hit it. As the saying goes, you really DO get what you pay for. So keep that in mind when shopping around.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:05 AM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

Truth!!
Originally Posted by abui01
keep in mind that buying knock-off kits tend to cost you more money down the line in terms of paying someone to fit it properly to your vehicle.

For example, you might have paid $500 for a full kit vs $1200 for the real deal, and it might take the body guy 5hrs to sand/prep/cut/re-bondo certain areas to get 100% fitment @ $99/hr, so in the end you spent $1000 and it's still a replica with lower quality fiberglass vs spending the extra $200 for perfect fitment and higher overall quality.

Paint isn't always just paint and it's not always just "best price." There are a million other factors you have to keep in mind like how company X preps the part vs company Y. Quality of paint, did they add in enough flex additives so my paint won't spiderweb if a pebble hits it? Quality of clear coat, number of layers, etc. Any joe schmoe shop can paint a bodykit (trust me, I've seen plenty) and the paint will look fantastic (for awhile). I had a friend who got his kit "painted" for dirt cheap and it literally fell apart and spiderwebbed the follow week when a small rock hit it. As the saying goes, you really DO get what you pay for. So keep that in mind when shopping around.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:45 AM
liQUidSkYZ

Abui01: pls let me no where do i find 1200 bodykits. my limit for the kit was 1k but if there is decent brand for less than 1500, i'll buy them. havent make up my mind for style yet, Im interest in your option, ty

goofball: your green Z's Sick, Lut It!! goof Z not just on their t-shirt... but www.baseautobody.net all your. will definitely check them out but 60 miles away from my house will have to think twice if i really gonna go there
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 AM
kyle22

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by liQUidSkYZ
Abui01: pls let me no where do i find 1200 bodykits. my limit for the kit was 1k but if there is decent brand for less than 1500, i'll buy them. havent make up my mind for style yet, Im interest in your option, ty

goofball: your green Z's Sick, Lut It!! goof Z not just on their t-shirt... but www.baseautobody.net all your. will definitely check them out but 60 miles away from my house will have to think twice if i really gonna go there
check the vendors on here....they will work with you on price.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:49 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

PICS
Old 02-23-2011, 08:56 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Very often buying knockoff kit ends up costing you a bunch to fit good (if that's even possible). The total cost of buying knock off kit + cost for fitment could be the same or even higher than buying authentic kit with good fitment. Keep this in mind!

If you're quite handy and could sand and mold yourself, definitely get a knock off kit to save that money.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 AM
liQUidSkYZ

Default Paint

good suggest on the paint, all come back to "What u paid-what u get"
ten years ago took my accord to macco big company good warranty tons of branch 3 stages paint...BS F*@k my baby up hate macco

expensive place not always better they can screw up or perform just ok job too... vice versa, there are some quality good & cheap but "God's no where they at!"

Good luck to all pick the right shop to work with

i'll ask the shop "how they protec the paint from crack, spider web & warranty on that" now that i remember flex additive will make paint stay on the bodykit. hope this help me pick the right one
Old 02-23-2011, 01:05 PM
liQUidSkYZ

Originally Posted by bb1314
Very often buying knockoff kit ends up costing you a bunch to fit good (if that's even possible). The total cost of buying knock off kit + cost for fitment could be the same or even higher than buying authentic kit with good fitment. Keep this in mind!

If you're quite handy and could sand and mold yourself, definitely get a knock off kit to save that money.

originally i was about to add lips only so i can install myself; knock off PU lips are cheap, predrill, may need a little sand but no molding. anyhow my bumpers need paint, plan change to full kits since they all need paint.
I'll definitely install myself if i buy a decent kits. i replace my head light & side maker b4 so remove & install bumper is fine.. let me contact our vendor see which authentic kits i can get under 1500
Old 02-23-2011, 05:01 PM
ECLIPSEGST25

call unified-distribution 562-695-1165 they sell great quality kits. the fitment was great. they will work a deal if you buy a full kit and combine shipping.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:03 PM
ECLIPSEGST25

here you go.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/318978...an-350z/page-6

Last edited by ECLIPSEGST25; 02-23-2011 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
atomicgoofball
defies gravity

wow that looks crazy bro!!! hella aggressive! great stuff man! can't wait for the meets!!!
Old 02-23-2011, 06:12 PM
ECLIPSEGST25

Originally Posted by atomicgoofball
wow that looks crazy bro!!! hella aggressive! great stuff man! can't wait for the meets!!!
thanks man. your car is sick too.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:13 PM
dj lizard

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Premie...?ref=ts&v=wall
here's a FB link to the shop that worked on my car there is pics for the stuff that they did to my car. check it out could be interesting ...
Old 02-23-2011, 09:02 PM
abui01

^ i remember your car at Function:TUNED. I was the guy who owned the Lemans Sunset Z in the shop.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:50 AM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good eclipse..

Lizard no gay FB links in here attach pics ****.

Quick Reply: Where is good bodyshop to install bodykits in NorthenVA