Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Ticket in PG county MD

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 02:56 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 207 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by spacemn_spiff
Ok will do. I will try to talk to lawyer and see if he would go with me. Last time he said that I wouldnt need him to go with me, it wont help. Let me ask him again.

I dont want take any chances either, I have my certified driving record with me. I also plan on taking my accident/incident free record from the insurance.

Do you think I should take the online driving course to help my case? Thanks again.
Once again, this is just MY opinion. But with a more serious charge I'd rather have someone there who knows traffic law to argue in my favor. It all depends on so many factors from the judge's mood to whatever. I was looking at fines and points and: 1) I tend be somewhat of a wiseass at times 2) I was pissed about the whole issue. Not exactly the best combo for going before a judge. If you think this online course would help in your favor, but I'd wait and see what your legal counsel says first.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:13 PM
ZS14RR

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What exactly were you doing?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:00 PM
spacemn_spiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZS14
What exactly were you doing?
Thanks Alberto and WYZIWYG. I will contact Isaac on Monday, he is on vacation this week.

Here is the story:
I was out to lunch with my co-worker. I was in the left lane on a two lane road behind few cars. Road changes from a two lane road to a three lane road. I see open lanes on the middle and right, so I switch from left to the right most lane. Speed up a little, my passenger in a couple of seconds says the restaurant is on the left. I think 'oh man', I then accelerate to get ahead of the cars in the middle and left lane to get back in the left lane. I get in the left turn lane and come to stop light. I had to brake harder than normal to come to a stop at the light. I stop behind a car and agree that I was a little close to the car in front of me, but wasnt trying to be a bully. Cop pulls up behind me and gives me a nice aggressive driving ticket for doing 65 in a 45.

My registration sticker was expired but not the registration, so that helped him ratchet it up a bit.

Last edited by spacemn_spiff; 08-18-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Jose2008Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had MANY tickets and many points on my license over the years. The 3 times I actually decided to go to court I've come out with a not guilty plea (officer didn't show), not guilty plea (officer didn't show because i helped out another cop translating on his case), and most recently a PBJ for a clean record.

The point is... you dont have a record. Buy a decent suit, put on some dorky glasses even if their not prescription, march in to court and talk properly with as many yes ma'ams or sirs as possible. If the officer shows, plead guilty with an explanation...explain your story. The officer can't debate your story at this point. If he doesn't show, plead not guilty and you're good to go.

If money is no issue, then go ahead and get a lawyer, but in my opinion you'll at least get some points knocked off for never getting a ticket ever even without a lawyer. Make it a point to talk about your good driving habits and that this was a fluke because you were rushing to meet some people for lunch or something...

I dont know how strict PG county courts are either...that's something else to consider.