Notices
Middle East Bahrain, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., Turkey, etc

Any Z owners living in Dubai?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 11:04 AM
yorky500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure what the Grand touring spec is, as we only have one spec here in Dubai. I can tell you that we have heated seats! WTF for, I have no idea. hahahahaha
Old 12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Never Mind

yeah, that's probably the GT..
and the same sad stuff here! only one trim.. but it's the touring here..
Old 12-21-2005, 01:54 PM
boogey76

well...

my Z is good...its got 3500KM on it...
it rattles and whines and i cant belive those ****ing 1st and 2nd gears when driving slowly out of the garage or in parking lots or wherever...my car sounds like a 1974 car that has never had maintanence....the rumbling of the gear ..i am ashamed to drive slowly past someone...so i just whizz past......

its a good car...but now i seem to notice its not an everyday car i can use....i want to keep the mileage low and everything intact...
am thinking of getting some ****ty *** vw golf or bmw for like 2000$ and use that for silly purposes....

u can drive the z everyday..but u cant rape it everyday....and i am one of the biggest car rapers u can meet.....i love the sound..i love the torque..and i love the two seats....
chicks dig this good!
Old 12-22-2005, 01:15 AM
Never Mind

aha.. if I get this car, I will be driving it for a daily drive for more than 145 KM on highways.. I don't drive fast, always on 120Km/h unless I am a bit late for my university and then it varies from 140Km/h to 180km/h depending on how late I was
tho, I don't like going fast on boring highways, I LOVE ACCELERATING! so that means pushing the cars all the time.. when I am in a traffic light and it goes green, I floor the car as if I was racing someone but once I reach the speed limit I ease on it.. givin that, and the fact that I currntly own a slow car will make me go wild for the first few months .. I don't think the car can live with me for a long time and I am definetly have the resell value in mind..

see scarface, those are the kind of problems I am talking about.. gears grinding, tyre feathering, strange sounds coming from somewhere.. et

oh, last thing.. I don't care if chicks dig it or not.. I am not into those kind of stuff
Old 12-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Dubai

Saleh, hmm dont know what to say, but when I tell you that I drive the car hard and I always puch it to the limit, I mean it... even my clutch started slipping now and a new one is on order,,

Well about the problems, the gear grinding is from 1st to 2nd, for me it doesnt bother and I got used to it, but one thing you have to know, your driving a sports car not a lexury car, you should give some and take some... for the tyre feathering, hmm i'm really not sure about it and cant comment since I changed the wheels/tires after 9000 KMS and didnt experience the feathering,,,

I'm not trying to defend or be biased for the Z or Nissan, I had enough with them, but let me be honest, I mean when you compare the Z with its competitors, BMW Z4, Audi TT, lumina SS coupe, Chrysler crossfire (dunno why this car came to my mind, but well lets continue ), for the price, reliability and power you get, you cant beat the Z... unless you have enough cash and get C6 vette and pay 25,000 Dhs a year for insurance, but lemme tell you something, with the price of my car, plus all the work i've done with it, I could have gotten the C6 and beat every single car in the road, but because the Z is realiable (which the C6 isnt, try to take your vette to a dealer in our countries and see how much they'll qoute you for small maintenance), handling and power which I personnaly can handle, I think I made the right choice... Well, you can ask yorky when he was looking for a car to buy, he saw a porsche GT3 2000 model, but when he compared with the Z price and what he can do with his car to look/perform better than the porshce, he ended with the Z,,
Old 12-22-2005, 05:56 AM
Never Mind

I C ..
it will all be settled depending on many factors:
  • The 350Z price dropping to SR135,000 (and believe me it dropped to SR100,000 only on 2004 model clearance)
  • The 350Z new generation is not out until at least 2009 (which I doubt)
  • The Toyota Supra seeing the light in 2007/2008 with decent look and power.
  • The Lexus dealer bringing the IS350 with an acceptable price.

I am defintly uncertine and too many factors to consider..
والله أظن صلاة الإستخارة راح تحلها بإذن الله بعد ما أتأكد من كل هذه العوامل
Old 12-22-2005, 06:56 AM
yorky500

Never Mind,

Dude, what car will you NEVER get problems with? Every car i have owned has always had rattles and squeeks and god knows what else. Why should Nissan be any different.

You are really being Negative about it. The Z is a hell of a good looking car, and as Scarface said, i searched long and hard to find a car that i liked and could mod. Most of the problems that you are referring to are after PEOPLE have made MODS to their cars.

On the whole, the Z is a damn nice car, clean, enough power for what you need and turns heads. For me, it was the best value for money. The only car that came close, in terms of brand new price was the Honda S2000.

Lots of secondhand cars for the same cost, but they are secondhand, and you do not know how they are driven.

Scarface also made a good comment: if you are not going to push the Z, then DO NOT get a sports car! Sports cars are meant to be driven, not cruised in. For cruising, get an old style BMW 3 series or something. hahahahahahahahahaha.

Its your choice, just do not knock the Z cos of what you read on the forum, most of those faults are from modifications, and as I said, every make of car will have problems
Old 12-22-2005, 07:50 AM
Never Mind

ease on me, man!
you are right.. I think I am being pessimistic a bit

if you are not going to push the Z, then DO NOT get a sports car! Sports cars are meant to be driven, not cruised in. For cruising, get an old style BMW 3 series or something.
let me answer myself from my pre-previous post
tho, I don't like going fast on boring highways, I LOVE ACCELERATING! so that means pushing the car all the time.. when I am in a traffic light and it goes green, I floor the car as if I was racing someone
if I was looking for cruising, I wouldn't even consider this car! I am an acceleration freak and as you can see from my list above, they are all sports car..

ok, let me change the subject: do you have any dynos in Dubai? any good techs tuners?
Old 12-22-2005, 07:55 AM
Dubai

Originally Posted by Never Mind
ok, let me change the subject: do you have any dynos in Dubai? any good techs tuners?

Yes we do have dynos here, I've dynoed my car twice so far. And yes we have a very experienced tuners, but they are not cheap though.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Dubai

Where is everybody???

What you guys think of a lil meet this friday 6th jan??

PS, happy new year to everyone, hope no body did bad things last night
Old 01-01-2006, 07:47 AM
yorky500

Here! Just with a very sore head! hahahahahahahahahaha

All i remember was having to wait an hour for a damn taxi at 3:00am and it was COLD, then haviong to cook the g/f pasta as she was hungry!

6th Jan sounds good. lets try and make it during daylight hours so we can get some pics.
Old 01-01-2006, 05:35 PM
boogey76

Originally Posted by yorky500
Here! Just with a very sore head! hahahahahahahahahaha

All i remember was having to wait an hour for a damn taxi at 3:00am and it was COLD, then haviong to cook the g/f pasta as she was hungry!

6th Jan sounds good. lets try and make it during daylight hours so we can get some pics.

am working this friday from 2-10pm
Old 01-02-2006, 12:55 AM
yorky500

How about a small meeting for lunch then, before you go to work?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:47 AM
samery2k

FINALLY GOT THE PHONE CALL!!!!!!!

MY BABY'S HERE! MY BABY'S HERE!

They called me from Nissan and said that it will be at the port tomorrow and it needs 3-5 days clearing (between port authorities and i dont know what) then 2 days with Nissan for tests then she's all mine

you guys know its up to 310 HP now eh?

I'll keep you posted once i get her; Just sending in my paperwork for insurance and auto loan etc (RAK bank gave me a good deal since I'm paying 25% up front )

I'll see you boys soon!

Old 01-03-2006, 06:32 AM
Dubai

Woaah, congrat. cant wait to see your new baby...

btw, is the '06 really have 310 HP? thats strange, more details is appreciated!

good luck and keep us posted
Old 01-03-2006, 07:57 AM
Never Mind

why gulf specs are higher than the US? or is it just hype from Nissan dealers here and that 310HP could only be for real after the redline?
Old 01-03-2006, 12:39 PM
bamyi

If its true, I'm guessing cause US has more EPA restrictions and what not. Congrats Samery on the Z.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:45 PM
boogey76

Originally Posted by bamyi
If its true, I'm guessing cause US has more EPA restrictions and what not. Congrats Samery on the Z.

very true..

samer, congrats man..just take it easy the forst 2000KM...
not higher than 4 000 rpm..it will be frustrating...

i took off from the the green lights and a punto GT pisser was racing..and i was trying hard changing at 4- 4.5 K rpm..couldnt redline..and he must have thought my car was ****....

Old 01-03-2006, 02:39 PM
bamyi

YOu guys get 310 over there?!! I want!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Vamos_Rafael

If one were to goto Dubai from the United States would be dangerous?

Quick Reply: Any Z owners living in Dubai?