Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Lsd?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2003, 06:58 PM
Vad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lsd?

My 350z only has the TCS button under the steering wheel on the left side... and the other one is just black... is that for the limited slip differential..... does that mean i dont have it?..... cause when i turn the car on it shows "slip" for like a second on the gauge.. so i dono if i have it or not... or what the other button is for..
Old 02-12-2003, 07:04 PM
2003z

LSd is a limited slip differential. It is a mechanical device in the rear end, although the VDC (vehicle dynamic control) also has some limited slip computer adjustments. The traction control and the vdc are on the same button. the others are blank on all of them.

rereading your post, If you have an automatic or a base or enthusiast, you don't have VDC

If you have a base model, you don't have LSD
Old 02-12-2003, 07:06 PM
JimH

Default LSD

Only the base 350 comes w/o LSD, all others have it. You do not have VDC which is a dynamic vehicle control that uses braking and throttle to control the car when it approaches limits set for controllability. TCS alters throttle response when it senses loss of traction at the rear wheels only. Regards, Jim
Old 02-12-2003, 07:53 PM
Vad

is it a big diff if i have VDC or not?
Old 02-12-2003, 07:57 PM
JimH

Default VDC or not?

VDC is useful if you either (A) drive in inclement weather, or (B) have a tendency to drive over your head on occasion. If you track your Z, the normal procedure is to turn off the VDC. In normal, everyday driving, you will never know you have it and it will not come into play. Regards, Jim

Originally posted by Vad
is it a big diff if i have VDC or not?
Old 02-13-2003, 04:58 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

VDC has been a huge help for me being that I have had only frt wheel drive perf cars in the past and I jumped into the Z which is rear wheel and its been rainy and snowy virtually everyday since I got the car. Sometimes I forget about the rear wheel diffrences say when exiting a rotary or pulling out onto the highway in the rain when i give it a bit to much gas it puts me right back into control where as I might of went into a fish tail without it. It also allows me to test the limits of the car without danger (low speed cornering). It has helped me get used to the car and I am glad I opted for the Performance model.