Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Raced my friends Rustang...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 04:21 PM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Raced my friends Rustang...

I raced my friend modded GT Mustang its a 2001 coupe 5 spd with full exhaust intake and cams.... we raced twice from a stop the first time he said i took off first so we went again at a light.. i let him go then i took off and i still beat him buy about 1 car length.. then he told me he could take me from a roll so we went twice from a roll..i we were nose to nose but i was slowly pulling on him (very slowly) but i am happy i just have an injen CAI and resonator off ( i also have a touing the heaviest Z model i beleive)
Old 02-21-2003, 04:42 PM
Caswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Nice kill. You know what they say, anything can happen on the street
Old 02-21-2003, 04:54 PM
Zmeflyby

good race man
Old 02-21-2003, 05:54 PM
2001Stang

I would be interested in finding out what intake and cams he has since if he can't beat a basically stock 350Z with them I want to stay far away from those parts.

Most of the guys that I have seen do those type mods are in the 280 - 290 RWHP range and that should be able to take a stock 350Z especially from a stand still. Either way nice kill and anything can happen on the street. See if you can find out more info on his mods I am really interested in knowing.

Thanks
Old 02-21-2003, 08:35 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was playing with a Vert GT (latest model), and as we increased in speed, I realized that I was pulling away more and more, (the top was up), go GTs start to top out at about 90MPH and not pull as hard??

This is an honest question NOT a flame
Old 02-21-2003, 10:40 PM
984.6gt

Originally posted by rodH
I was playing with a Vert GT (latest model), and as we increased in speed, I realized that I was pulling away more and more, (the top was up), go GTs start to top out at about 90MPH and not pull as hard??

This is an honest question NOT a flame
The funny thing is there are no aftermarket cams out for the 4.6L yet, only regrinds, which is dne when real work has been done(spray,blower,turbo), so I really want to know what cams you are even talking about?
Old 02-21-2003, 11:04 PM
brandboZ28

Originally posted by 984.6gt
The funny thing is there are no aftermarket cams out for the 4.6L yet, only regrinds, which is dne when real work has been done(spray,blower,turbo), so I really want to know what cams you are even talking about?
Yea, What he said!
Old 02-21-2003, 11:05 PM
AngelGT2000

I'd like to see you guys hit the local track and get some REAL numbers. Find it hard to believe that your friend just totally bypassed other significant mods, such as gears. By intake do you mean a bullitt intake or cold air intake? Nice run, tell your friend to get rid of the car cuz he can't drive it for what it's worth.
Old 02-22-2003, 08:04 AM
MI_SS_IL

Originally posted by 2001Stang
I would be interested in finding out what intake and cams he has since if he can't beat a basically stock 350Z with them I want to stay far away from those parts.
I'm curious too. A cammed Stang should be pretty quick.

Good kill though!

Chris
Old 02-22-2003, 08:20 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 984.6gt
did I give the impression that this car had cams?? If so I apoligize for misleading, I don't know if it did or not (I seriously doubt it did). Again sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 02-22-2003, 10:09 PM
sukkoi19

Rodh I think they are talking about the original post.
Old 02-23-2003, 09:11 AM
hk350

wat is a resonator? and wat does it suppose to do
Old 02-23-2003, 09:28 AM
sukkoi19

Its a way for the factory to tune the exhast note.
Old 02-24-2003, 01:00 AM
XBS
Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After you guys told me about the cams i talked to my friend and told him that i read up on it and that there are no cams ( i was bsing ) and then he told me he didnt have any he just told ppl he didnt he felt really stupid and i saw his intake its the cold air one that goes into the fender and i know he has an exhaust because he car is VERY loud he said he has a full custom exhaust.. on another note a GT smoked the **** out of me this weekend on the freeway i guess it was modded he was a cool guy.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:40 AM
2001Stang

Originally posted by XBS
After you guys told me about the cams i talked to my friend and told him that i read up on it and that there are no cams ( i was bsing ) and then he told me he didnt have any he just told ppl he didnt he felt really stupid and i saw his intake its the cold air one that goes into the fender and i know he has an exhaust because he car is VERY loud he said he has a full custom exhaust.. on another note a GT smoked the **** out of me this weekend on the freeway i guess it was modded he was a cool guy.
Well this kill now makes more sense. Full custom exhaust? Not really sure what that is but that can mean he welded in flows. He obviously isn't tell the whole truth about his car and I hate when people do that. Because they end up getting beat and now everyone things an intake, cammed, full exhaust GT is slow. Which is far from the truth. Oh just so you know cold air doesn't do much for the Stang some even claim lower numbers on the dyno. Not that once the car starts moving it doesn't help any, but that is hard to tell.

I never understood why someone would claim to have more done to their car then they really do. I can maybe (I still thing this is stupid) see sandbagging and not giving out all their mods but to say they have more then they have is stupid, especially if you end up racing the person you lied to.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:03 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Wow, there are so many stang owners trolling.. As soon as anybody makes a mustang post there right there trying to discredit them. Somebody's got something to prove!
Old 02-24-2003, 10:39 AM
1sweet00SS

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
Wow, there are so many stang owners trolling.. As soon as anybody makes a mustang post there right there trying to discredit them. Somebody's got something to prove!
Trolling ? In THIS thread anyways, I don't see any Mustang guys trolling. I believe all of them said "good kill", but asked a valid question,,,,,,,"What cam did he have, because there are no aftermarket cams"

What if I said I smoked a 350Z by 6+ cars and the driver said he had a Supercharger with a 12lb pulley, headers, and fully built motor? Would you not have any questions?

The Mustang guys had very valid questions, and asked them very tactfully, all the while saying "good kill". Anyways, it turns out the Mustang did not have an aftermarket cam, making those Mustang questions very important. This thread was very cordial between the Mustang guys and Z guys, exchanging very good information, and congratulations before you stepped in.

Seems like the only one trolling is you.

Peace

Last edited by 1sweet00SS; 01-01-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:39 AM
MI_SS_IL

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
Why is it that everyone who doesn't own a 350Z on this board is automatically a troll? Everyone on this thread has said good kill. People "RIGHTLY" questioned it because the thread starter did mention cams as a mod in his first post. The Mustang owners don't have anything to prove, they just asked a valid question ... and apparently they were right to ask. I'm not a Mustang owner and I had the same question as they did. The thread starter cleared it up, everyone accepted it. The only one who seems to have a problem on the thread is you. So you tell me, who is the troll?

Chris
Old 02-24-2003, 10:42 AM
MI_SS_IL

Originally posted by 1sweet00SS
Seems like the only one trolling is you.
I was writing my post just as you posted yours I guess. Seems we're thinking along the same lines

Defending Mustang guys ... what's the world coming to j/k

Chris

Quick Reply: Raced my friends Rustang...