Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

The Z Is ' QUICK ' So Get Over It!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2003, 11:40 AM
Last WS6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I give props to the car, it is cute and pretty quick. I think my wife would look good in one. If we ever get her a sports car this will be on the top of the list.
Old 02-27-2003, 02:31 PM
CottonWoodz

I think my wife would look good in one. If we ever get her a sports car this will be on the top of the list.
My 16 year old son with Down's syndrome looks good in a WS6, if he ever gets his drivers license the T/A WS6 is on the top of my list. He will love that car
Old 02-27-2003, 02:33 PM
webcarconnection

Originally posted by CottonWoodz
My 16 year old son with Down's syndrome looks good in a WS6, if he ever gets his drivers license the T/A WS6 is on the top of my list. He will love that car

Old 02-27-2003, 02:41 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Yeah, I was kinda like when I read that reply by WS6. I mean....Never mind.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Last WS6

Damn give the car props and get attitude. Damn some of you guys are like the uptight guys over on www.clublexus.com, some cool but most with heads inserted so far up their.... O O O what kind of watches do you fellas wear?? yuk yuk yuk.

No need to hate. gave the car props. ( hint for you stupid people out there, if my wife drove a car who do you think would be paying for it?)
Old 02-27-2003, 06:03 PM
IN2ITIV

Default Hmmm? sports car?

Originally posted by Last WS6
I give props to the car, it is cute and pretty quick. I think my wife would look good in one. If we ever get her a sports car this will be on the top of the list.
Do you own a sports car?

I mean the WS6 is based on a GM F body platform from what 1981 if I recall, and that Mustang started out as a Fairmont derivative vehicle circa 1979. I won't even discuss the truck - but clearly none of the three vehicles are sports cars. So what is up with the wife comment, Is she the driver in the family?

Kind regards!
Old 02-27-2003, 07:06 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Damn give the car props and get attitude. Damn some of you guys are like the uptight guys over on www.clublexus.com, some cool but most with heads inserted so far up their.... O O O what kind of watches do you fellas wear?? yuk yuk yuk.

No need to hate. gave the car props. ( hint for you stupid people out there, if my wife drove a car who do you think would be paying for it?)
That's not quite giving the car/350Z props there big guy: "It is cute and pretty quick. I think my wife would look good in one."
WTF? Props would be: "Nice run, sweet ride! By the way, my wife really likes the new Z."
Just my humble opinion. And hey, my brethern over at CL are cool peeps.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:16 PM
02silverstanger

Default All kidding aside

I think the Z is an awesome car...its some of the owners that make it rough for me to think of owning one one day...but then again we have Mustang fanatics that keep us hated everywhere to. And dispite what Last WS6 thinks..it is a serious performance car that hung with the an M3,911, and a Z06 on the track(according to this months R&T), which was quite a feat and accomplishment. ..the only reason that it didn't when the best buy for the buck is its poor showing 0 - 60 and the 1/4 mile
Old 02-27-2003, 10:04 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 02-28-2003, 03:29 AM
Last WS6

Default Re: Hmmm? sports car?

Originally posted by IN2ITIV
Do you own a sports car?

I mean the WS6 is based on a GM F body platform from what 1981 if I recall, and that Mustang started out as a Fairmont derivative vehicle circa 1979. I won't even discuss the truck - but clearly none of the three vehicles are sports cars. So what is up with the wife comment, Is she the driver in the family?

Kind regards!
I do not understand your post.

I guess you were trying to be insulting but sly????

Im kind o slow ya know, just a mullet wearing redneck from the sticks who drives domestics cars yuk yuk yuk.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:53 AM
DrRick

Damn some of you guys are like the uptight guys over on www.clublexus.com, some cool but most with heads inserted so far up their.... O O O what kind of watches do you fellas wear?? yuk yuk yuk.

now that aint right . if you are a male, then you know that no MAN wants to ever hear that anything that he owns is cute . be better than that.......

Doc
Old 02-28-2003, 04:04 AM
jester

Hey,
Man, I'll be honest....when I first read your post, I took it as a bit of a "zinger" too. So, I can't fault them too much for their reaction.

Not being a jerk, but I figured I would just let you know

Peace
Chris
Old 02-28-2003, 08:21 AM
AngelGT2000

TXSTYLE, sweet looking ride. Those 19's look bad@$$, Oh! the car doesn't look bad either.

Being the "typical" Stang owner, you know i'm gonna have to call BS on those runs...j/k, good runs man
Old 02-28-2003, 08:21 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by DrRick
now that aint right . if you are a male, then you know that no MAN wants to ever hear that anything that he owns is cute . be better than that.......

Doc
I have to say that I agree with the doc here. Calling a guy's car "cute" isn't usually taken well. Furthermore, saying that you'd buy it for your wife is kind of condescending. Can't you see these points and how they may be taken as at least slightly insulting?

Old 02-28-2003, 08:43 AM
jester

Originally posted by AngelGT2000
Being the "typical" Stang owner, you know i'm gonna have to call BS on those runs...j/k, good runs man
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHShhhhhhhlalalalalalalalala....
man....don't get that started again
Old 02-28-2003, 08:49 AM
droideka

I own a Z, I enjoy my Z and for the most part, I am very satisfied with my Z. However, the Z is no 911. As much fun as my Z is, it will NEVER have the heritage, mystique or panache of a 911.

Choosing the Z is not about being unable to afford the 911. Those of you that have seen my house know this. It's because I'm a cheap, f**king bastard. I can graciously accept the Z for what it is, a $35K Japanese sports car that is an above-average performer, but I cannot deny the intense desire I have for a 911. When I visit the Porsche Store in Plano, my heart actually skips a beat. The Z makes me smile, but it doesn't make me weak in the knees.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:08 AM
DarkKnight

i agree with "droid"
i love the looks of the Z, and i think that nissan hit a homerun for the type of car they offer for the price (assuming no major dealer markup). i think it is a "great japanese sportscar"

why do i come to your boards?
i love performance automobiles!
i am intrigued by the z, and want to know its performance, mods, etc., to educate myself. i also go to stang boards, supra boards, etc.

what is performance to me?

(no flame intended) performance to me is acceleration, torque, t-tops, throaty ws6 ls1 exhaust, and good looks. this is how i define performance in my life, and hands down for the money, there is no other car i would want to spend 30 k out the door (used) to give me this.

that said, while i feel the z is a great car, it will not supply me with my required level of the attributes i listed above, except for good looks, so that is why i am partial to my 2000 ws6. please note that this is just my opinion...i, by no means, am disrespecting the z, or you z owners

what is performance to you?

my perception of how z owners rate performance is :good looks, tight handling, beautiful cockpit, hi tech engineering (great performance from just a v6), etc. i think that's great!

why you butt heads sometimes from f body people, stang people, etc?

i think that some individuals (z guys, fbody guys, stang guys, etc.) feel a particular way about their cars, and try to shove it down someone else's throuat...that is how some people get a bad rep..that's all i can say.

in closing, i love the z, and i love american muscle. the one thing we all have in common is that we love to drive!
the important thing is that you have fun, right?

Robert
2000 NBM Trans Am WS6
MTI Clear Lid
Hotchkis RLCA's
Tokico Blues
Eibach Pro Kit
No Track Time/Dyno Yet
Old 02-28-2003, 02:45 PM
Montez

Originally posted by DarkKnight
i agree with "droid"
i love the looks of the Z, and i think that nissan hit a homerun for the type of car they offer for the price (assuming no major dealer markup). i think it is a "great japanese sportscar"

why do i come to your boards?
i love performance automobiles!
i am intrigued by the z, and want to know its performance, mods, etc., to educate myself. i also go to stang boards, supra boards, etc.

what is performance to me?

(no flame intended) performance to me is acceleration, torque, t-tops, throaty ws6 ls1 exhaust, and good looks. this is how i define performance in my life, and hands down for the money, there is no other car i would want to spend 30 k out the door (used) to give me this.

that said, while i feel the z is a great car, it will not supply me with my required level of the attributes i listed above, except for good looks, so that is why i am partial to my 2000 ws6. please note that this is just my opinion...i, by no means, am disrespecting the z, or you z owners

what is performance to you?

my perception of how z owners rate performance is :good looks, tight handling, beautiful cockpit, hi tech engineering (great performance from just a v6), etc. i think that's great!

why you butt heads sometimes from f body people, stang people, etc?

i think that some individuals (z guys, fbody guys, stang guys, etc.) feel a particular way about their cars, and try to shove it down someone else's throuat...that is how some people get a bad rep..that's all i can say.

in closing, i love the z, and i love american muscle. the one thing we all have in common is that we love to drive!
the important thing is that you have fun, right?

Robert
2000 NBM Trans Am WS6
MTI Clear Lid
Hotchkis RLCA's
Tokico Blues
Eibach Pro Kit
No Track Time/Dyno Yet
Agreed to each his own,just because I have a Z doesnt mean I cant like a T/A or Stang. The T/A looks good and I love the Stang G/T- Cobra's exhaust note!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:02 PM
mcduck

Y'know... we can debate performance issues back and forth until we're all blue in the face.

350Zs... Mustangs... LS1s... S2000s.... M3s... and on and on. They all have their good and bad points, and I'm sure you'll find that here on the 350Z website most feel the 350Z has more good points than the rest.

One fact cannot be disputed, tho... The new Z is THE car right now. Mustangs, Camaros, Trans Ams.... even M3s, S2000s, and Boxsters... rarely garnish a second glance out on the street. I cannot drive my Z down to the corner convenient store for a fill up without people getting the "deer in the (Xenon) headlights" look! and coming over to ask me about it.

And let's face it... how often do you race your car on the street? If you're smart, you don't do it often and only after being careful to stage it properly. How often do you simply drive and are seen in your car? Well... every time you get in and drive it I would say.

So... keep all your aging designs... I'll keep my fresh new Z and have a ride that (arguably) performs as well as those mentioned here and gets boatloads more attention on the street. And when my Z starts to be the aged design, I may buy something new, but it's very likely I'll keep my 350Z, too. Something I cannot say of any other car I have owned!
Old 02-28-2003, 06:47 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Originally posted by mcduck
Y'know... we can debate performance issues back and forth until we're all blue in the face.

350Zs... Mustangs... LS1s... S2000s.... M3s... and on and on. They all have their good and bad points, and I'm sure you'll find that here on the 350Z website most feel the 350Z has more good points than the rest.

One fact cannot be disputed, tho... The new Z is THE car right now. Mustangs, Camaros, Trans Ams.... even M3s, S2000s, and Boxsters... rarely garnish a second glance out on the street. I cannot drive my Z down to the corner convenient store for a fill up without people getting the "deer in the (Xenon) headlights" look! and coming over to ask me about it.

And let's face it... how often do you race your car on the street? If you're smart, you don't do it often and only after being careful to stage it properly. How often do you simply drive and are seen in your car? Well... every time you get in and drive it I would say.

So... keep all your aging designs... I'll keep my fresh new Z and have a ride that (arguably) performs as well as those mentioned here and gets boatloads more attention on the street. And when my Z starts to be the aged design, I may buy something new, but it's very likely I'll keep my 350Z, too. Something I cannot say of any other car I have owned!
Very well stated Andy! I too feel the same way....!
It is truly difficult to imagine a car coming along in the near future (or distant for that matter) that will have the (what I like to reffer to as) PRESENCE that the 350Z represents!!! What is PRESENCE to yours truly? Easy:
STYLE!!! The Z is just OVERFLOWING with it...........PERIOD! And coupled with it's performance, handling and price, it quite simply CAN NOT BE TOUCHED!
And don't get it twisted! I've owned SEVERAL "impressive rides." Including: Lexus GS400, 98 Corvette, 96 300GT VR4, 98 COBRA (HEAVILY Modified - Supercharged, Gears, Exhaust, the works!) Grand National GNX!

Believe me, I know a little somin' about sweet rides and "PRESENCE."

Quick Reply: The Z Is ' QUICK ' So Get Over It!!!