Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

The Z Is ' QUICK ' So Get Over It!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 07:51 PM
2001Stang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: ...he..he

Originally posted by rodH
I like F1 and CART, MUCH much more than NHRA, drag really does NOTHING for me.
0 - 100 MPH in one second does nothing for you? You may like F1 and CART better but any car enthusiast has got to appreciate that kind of acceleration.
Old 03-02-2003, 08:25 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

02Silverstanger says...
Hey, we can handle a few turns in the road !

But seriously...how often do you pull up to a car at a light and say "DUDE...you wanna go race figure 8's" or " Dude WAIT !!!! I gotta put the cones out before the light turns green !!!"

Some of you Z guys are to funny...and take things a little to seriously... I just hope you can drive as well as you Flame...
Ah... it makes sense now... you live in Florida... I've driven all over your state... got relatives there... nice flat state with long straight roads.

You see, up here in NC we have these things called mountains and hills... and roads can't always go straight over them, they have to wind around them. (check out this one for example... www.tailofthedragon.com it is the extreme example, but there are plenty along these lines within an hour or less of my home)

Seriously, I have just as many encounters on windy roads as I do "stoplight" encounters... but if you are only interested in going fast in straight line, more power to you. For us that like going fast AND steering the wheel, there is AutoX. For those who like going brutally fast in a straight line, there is the drag strip. There enuff to keep everybody happy.

For Caswell...
Do a search for Greddy on this website, you should find many posts about the TT they are developing. Some of those posts have links to articles and to Greddy's site and so on. They are still tweaking the set up. Depending on which settings you read about, they are turning anywhere from 330 to 421hp at the rear wheels. I don't recall anywhere there being mention of them changing the engine's internals.

I agree with your sentiments about too much boost, tho... Sure as a warrantied kit comes out pushing 8-10lbs of boost, some idiot out there will turn up the pressure to 15lbs or more and start flinging parts all over the road. Where I don't agree is your comment on the strength of the engine internals. Again, I say, find some articles on the modified VQs already running in Maximas and Altimas. You might be suprised... I know I was.

The biggest reason I can see to steer away from a SC is if it is the wrong type. Have you seen the pics of the Stillen kit? HIDEOUS... its a roots type supercharger and means a hood replacement or cutting the stock hood!

Enuff for one night people... it's late here on the East Coast and I gotta work tomorrow...
Old 03-02-2003, 08:33 PM
rodH

Default Re: Re: Re: ...he..he

Originally posted by 2001Stang
0 - 100 MPH in one second does nothing for you? You may like F1 and CART better but any car enthusiast has got to appreciate that kind of acceleration.
nope, and neither does NASCAR, because in the real work I need to steer and I also need to steer in Right as well as left.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:50 PM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Question

You know, I'm not one to post up ALL of the "run-ins" I come across, or should I say they come across me! I swear I have everybody and they're dad trying to race me while I'm chillin' just cruising up the Tollway, Highway, Road, etc.
Never mind that though. Why I'm writing/adding this today is about a "crushing" of a new Mustang GT (I know my make, models, and years, so no need to inquire about that) earlier this evening. Now is it me, or when you outrun, beat, pull on considerably, or whatever, on someone......Why in the hell do they feel/deem it neccessary to come ALL up on your a** after the fact?
Don't get me wrong F-Body guys out there, I've owned 3 Mustangs previously (85 GT-modded, 96 GT Convert, 98 Cobra-Blown) and still appreciate em'. And that's NOT to say that other dumb-focks haven't done this as well, because they have: Bimmers, Audi's, Boxsters, etc. It's just that this fool damn near hit me, and I came pretty damn close to exited and going Ape-Sh** on his a**! But....I had to think of my family, the law, my well being, etc. Just pisses me off to no avail!
I've lost before and I'm not gonna come flying up all up behind someones a** after the fact like a Cheesedick!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:24 PM
rodH

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
You know, I'm not one to post up ALL of the "run-ins" I come across, or should I say they come across me! I swear I have everybody and they're dad trying to race me while I'm chillin' just cruising up the Tollway, Highway, Road, etc.
Never mind that though. Why I'm writing/adding this today is about a "crushing" of a new Mustang GT (I know my make, models, and years, so no need to inquire about that) earlier this evening. Now is it me, or when you outrun, beat, pull on considerably, or whatever, on someone......Why in the hell do they feel/deem it neccessary to come ALL up on your a** after the fact?
Don't get me wrong F-Body guys out there, I've owned 3 Mustangs previously (85 GT-modded, 96 GT Convert, 98 Cobra-Blown) and still appreciate em'. And that's NOT to say that other dumb-focks haven't done this as well, because they have: Bimmers, Audi's, Boxsters, etc. It's just that this fool damn near hit me, and I came pretty damn close to exited and going Ape-Sh** on his a**! But....I had to think of my family, the law, my well being, etc. Just pisses me off to no avail!
I've lost before and I'm not gonna come flying up all up behind someones a** after the fact like a Cheesedick!
LOL, this happened to me the other day to, while driving my wife and daughter in her Jetta (modded 1.8T that is pretty dang quick), a CRX (modded, you know what I mean). I took off (not even really trying to race, I was just in a hurry since we were late and I was lost, In the process, I guess I made the owner on the CRX mad, I went into a parking lot (gets right on my ***) and he follows me ALL the way around the lot (It was the wrong lot), so I get on the main road and get over a couple lanes (he follows me again), I then U turn into the break on the opposite side of the street and quickly turn right into another lot (medical buildings), I think I turned in so quick that I lost him, but if he didn't look like a "CRIP" and my family wasn't with me, I think I might have baited him to stop and ask him what he was trying to prove??

PISSES ME OFF!!!
Old 04-26-2003, 04:39 PM
ZGringo

I was at the carwash today next to a 60 year old man and his 96 911 non turbo. He came up to me and told me a story of him running with a Z up to about 130 and how suprised he was at how fast the Z is. The 911 is my dream car. I've had several Porsche owners compliment me on my car. I think the ******** are the young ones who just don't know any better. Good Kills.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:19 PM
AKAkracker247

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
But DEFINITELY a newer model! No question, cause I love that car (I think it's SEVERLY overpriced!).
TX
Severly overpriced?.. I disagree.. You get HAND SEWN (spelling?) leather seats, I think hand built engine, great customer service, etc.
I say great customer service because of this..
When my dad had one (ok i'm a little biased) He had accidently hit a curb, and he called the dealer and asked if they could come replace the tire, they simply said "sure, we'll be there ASAP"
About 30-45 minutes later an 18 wheeler pulls up, takes off the wheel and puts a brand new WHEEL AND TIRE, for free! They did this all within 5 minutes. Once again he did not pay anything (except gave the guys a tip)
He had a 2000 Porsche 911 Cabriolet, when the convertible was up the window would go into the convertible top so there was less noise in the cabin, and a few other reasons.
Porsche put a lot of technology and planning into this hand built car, it's worth the money IMO...

Of course, the Z is worth every penny also!
Both of them are great cars...
Old 05-16-2003, 06:20 PM
AKAkracker247

double post
Old 05-16-2003, 08:08 PM
spinninbackfist

I've been reading these post and the bottom line is, no matter what you drive or how you drive it theres always going to be someone faster.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:15 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by spinninbackfist
I've been reading these post and the bottom line is, no matter what you drive or how you drive it theres always going to be someone faster.
Truth
Old 05-29-2003, 09:13 PM
BROKE

Originally posted by rodH
LOL, this happened to me the other day to, while driving my wife and daughter in her Jetta (modded 1.8T that is pretty dang quick), a CRX (modded, you know what I mean). I took off (not even really trying to race, I was just in a hurry since we were late and I was lost, In the process, I guess I made the owner on the CRX mad, I went into a parking lot (gets right on my ***) and he follows me ALL the way around the lot (It was the wrong lot), so I get on the main road and get over a couple lanes (he follows me again), I then U turn into the break on the opposite side of the street and quickly turn right into another lot (medical buildings), I think I turned in so quick that I lost him, but if he didn't look like a "CRIP" and my family wasn't with me, I think I might have baited him to stop and ask him what he was trying to prove??

PISSES ME OFF!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 09:27 PM
BROKE

LOL... My first trip home from work in my new Jetta GLX (VR6) a pimple faced kid in a Mustang GT pulled up next to me at a stop light and revved his engine looking for a race. When the light turned green he launched with a lot of noise and smoke and went sideways, jumped the median and and ended up facing me on the sidewalk as I drove by.