Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

The Z Is ' QUICK ' So Get Over It!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 06:48 PM
Caswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer understated cars. I got the most understated LS1-powered ride I could find. I get enough attention from shallow skank hooch because I'm damn handsome.

Glad you like your car though.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:19 PM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I get enough attention from shallow skank hooch because I'm damn handsome
hehe... well, we can't all be Adonises

But I wasn't trying to imply the Z is a babe magnet (though it is at times). I've had all kinds of people stop me to talk about it... men and women, young and old... it seems to captivate something in most everyone... and I believe "Presence" is a great way to describe the effect.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:06 PM
sukkoi19

A lot of people think the new beetle has great styling also. Hope you enjoy my aged tail lights.
Old 02-28-2003, 10:24 PM
rodH

Originally posted by sukkoi19
A lot of people think the new beetle has great styling also. Hope you enjoy my aged tail lights.
don't forget the attention the PT cruisers got to.

as for the attention, I don't get as much as some here, maybe it is b/c a guy around here has a Lambo Marcielago, and a bunch others have Vipers, 911s, m cars, AMG cars, etc......

I get a little attention, but not the same as you guys, the ONE thing that matters though, I go to the garage a couple times a night to look at the car, everytime it brings a smile to my face, THAT IS WHAT MATTERS!!!

no doubt I would trade it for a 911, BUT I wouldn't trade car payments.
Old 03-01-2003, 12:26 AM
sukkoi19

Ahhhh yes the PT Snoozer I forgot about that little styling marvel. I actually had one of those seriously want to race my Mustang, I almost felt insulted but a race is a race. I dont get much action around here so I figure I got to take what I can get. Sometimes the styling thing works against you I really hate when people notice my car, especially for the local law enforcement. Thats why I debadged my Z28, you would be surprised on how many people really believe that they justg got wasted by a V6. Its great to see thier faces, but I usually try and tell them the truth afterwards.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:28 AM
Caswell

Originally posted by mcduck
hehe... well, we can't all be Adonises
Sometimes it's hard... last time a nice-looking girl asked if I would mind being hooked up one of her friends, I had to tell her that it was fine with me but that my wife may have something to say about it

I guess I read too much into your post... having a car that everyone was interested in would be a nice bonus I guess, but it really wouldn't factor into my decision to purchase any automobile. Sounds like you feel the same way. I'd probably stop and chat with the first 350Z owner I ran into that was cool.

Keep on truckin'
Old 03-01-2003, 06:15 AM
ZFlyer

I really don't think the F-Bodies aged that bad, in fact I like how they still look modern since the last revamp was done in 1993. You know it's a good design when it can still stay fresh for that long, and not go out of style. As a former SS owner I wished that they could have done something with the interior though.

-Bryan
Old 03-01-2003, 06:29 AM
Last WS6

I apologize. Did not mean to sound like i was calling your car a girly car. I think you car will appeal to both of the sexes. That will keep it alive. I mean look at the mustang, you see alot of women driving them around. You can buy a 03 mustang. Look at the F-body, you do not see many girls driving those. You can not get a 03 one either.

I guess i should not quote my wife. One of the reasons i call the car cute is because i was loking at one of the orang eones on the comp and the wife walked by and said " ooo cute car". She does not like the WS6 that much, she says it looks too mean.

The 03 cobra??? well to the average joe on the street you really can not tell them from the V-6 model. Just kind of plain looking. Not going to attract any attention. Which, if you have a fast car, you do not want to do. easier to blend into teh crowd doing 90 with a drab looking car.

Last edited by Last WS6; 03-01-2003 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:53 AM
281cobra

Default Re: Hmmm? sports car?

Originally posted by IN2ITIV
Do you own a sports car?

I mean the WS6 is based on a GM F body platform from what 1981 if I recall, and that Mustang started out as a Fairmont derivative vehicle circa 1979. I won't even discuss the truck - but clearly none of the three vehicles are sports cars. So what is up with the wife comment, Is she the driver in the family?

Kind regards!
Doesn't matter because both cars would lay waste to a new Z car.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:16 AM
mcduck

A couple responses ('cause that's what a forum is for, right? )

sukkoi19 said...
Hope you enjoy my aged tail lights.
Looking at your times, I probably will be for a while! Now if I can ever get my hands on a good Twin Turbo kit, we'll have something more to discuss...

rodH said...
don't forget the attention the PT cruisers got to.
I think that is a fair comparison... the PT Cruiser caused a pretty good commotion when they first hit the street.... too bad they had no performance model to back up the look. I think that and the fact they made what, over 100,000 a year, caused it's "Presence" to be a little short lived. It'll be interesting to see what some street racers to with the Turbo model coming out this year.

Caswell said...
having a car that everyone was interested in would be a nice bonus I guess
Guess that's debateable, too. I certainly like it, but it is not the reason I bought a 350Z... as you say a nice bonus.

ZFlyer said...
I really don't think the F-Bodies aged that bad
I didn't say that they aged badly, just that they are aged designs. I have noticed, in general, that every generation of F-bodies seems to start out kind of mediocre and improve each year until they change body styles. The last Z28s and Trans Ams I think have more going for them than the first years of that body style...
Old 03-01-2003, 07:55 AM
TXSTYLE
Banned

Default Re: Re: Hmmm? sports car?

Originally posted by 281cobra
Oh there they go. Dude, that's good that you own a faster 'straight-line' car than the 350Z! I've owned 3 Stangs previously as well. I loved em' all. Let's not keep going there shall we. I'm not over on the Stang Boards talking about how my Z will outhandle and out-PRESENCE Mustangs, you know what I'm saying? So chill out. We welcome all car "enthusiaists" over here. Let's keep it civil and friendly. I didn't even mention a F-Body in my thread to begin with........
Old 03-01-2003, 08:24 AM
281cobra

Default Re: Re: Re: Hmmm? sports car?

Originally posted by TXSTYLE
Oh there they go. Dude, that's good that you own a faster 'straight-line' car than the 350Z! I've owned 3 Stangs previously as well. I loved em' all. Let's not keep going there shall we. I'm not over on the Stang Boards talking about how my Z will outhandle and out-PRESENCE Mustangs, you know what I'm saying? So chill out. We welcome all car "enthusiaists" over here. Let's keep it civil and friendly. I didn't even mention a F-Body in my thread to begin with........
Ok, I'll give you the outhandling part stock vs stock. And since Ford didn't do much to distinguish the V6 stang from the Cobra I'll give you the out-presence part too. But there are some stangs that will get just as many looks as the 350Z. Mainly the Saleens. I can bring out my 14 year old Saleen and get just as many looks and thumbsup as a new 350Z. Peace

Last edited by 281cobra; 03-01-2003 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:41 PM
sukkoi19

A couple responses ('cause that's what a forum is for, right? )

sukkoi19 said...

Looking at your times, I probably will be for a while! Now if I can ever get my hands on a good Twin Turbo kit, we'll have something more to discuss...

rodH said...

I think that is a fair comparison... the PT Cruiser caused a pretty good commotion when they first hit the street.... too bad they had no performance model to back up the look. I think that and the fact they made what, over 100,000 a year, caused it's "Presence" to be a little short lived. It'll be interesting to see what some street racers to with the Turbo model coming out this year.

Caswell said...

Guess that's debateable, too. I certainly like it, but it is not the reason I bought a 350Z... as you say a nice bonus.

ZFlyer said...

I didn't say that they aged badly, just that they are aged designs. I have noticed, in general, that every generation of F-bodies seems to start out kind of mediocre and improve each year until they change body styles. The last Z28s and Trans Ams I think have more going for them than the first years of that body style...
I dont mean to be rude, but I just dont see a turbo kit doing a whole lot for your motor without alot of internal work. You have a pretty high static compression ratio that your going to have to lower in order to see good gains. BTW my Mustang best is 12.08@111 N/A so I wish you luck, and I really do mean it.
Old 03-01-2003, 07:40 PM
IN2ITIV

Default Re: Re: Hmmm? sports car?

Originally posted by 281cobra
So the point is that a muscle car can outrun a Z in the quarter mile? Wow, what a revelation! No one here had any idea that could happen

You can type all the slams you want, there is always going to be someone faster. I have witnessed 11s in a modified Sentra that I am sure can lay waste to your Mustang- So what!!

The Z is sexier.

Kind regards!
Old 03-01-2003, 07:50 PM
mcduck

sukkoi19 says...
I dont mean to be rude, but I just dont see a turbo kit doing a whole lot for your motor without alot of internal work.
That remains to be seen, but I suggest you find one of the Maxima boards. It seems they have pretty good success changing their VQs from NA to FI... and demolish some respectable Mustangs and F-Bodies in the process.

Greddy already has a prototype TT that is putting 400+ HP to the rear wheels using stock internals. In case you haven't been to other parts of this forum, that's over 150 more horsepower than factory stock at the rear wheels.

I'm sure they can hit close to that and still be reliable (something Greddy is reknown for). At that rate, the 350Z will be deep into the 12's... and you know someone out there will push their luck to get it under 12.

And even if I can still be beaten in a straight line, Mustangs will only see my taillights anywhere that requires you to turn that thing in front of the dash called a steering wheel.
Old 03-01-2003, 10:40 PM
sukkoi19

sukkoi19 says...

That remains to be seen, but I suggest you find one of the Maxima boards. It seems they have pretty good success changing their VQs from NA to FI... and demolish some respectable Mustangs and F-Bodies in the process.

Greddy already has a prototype TT that is putting 400+ HP to the rear wheels using stock internals. In case you haven't been to other parts of this forum, that's over 150 more horsepower than factory stock at the rear wheels.

I'm sure they can hit close to that and still be reliable (something Greddy is reknown for). At that rate, the 350Z will be deep into the 12's... and you know someone out there will push their luck to get it under 12.

And even if I can still be beaten in a straight line, Mustangs will only see my taillights anywhere that requires you to turn that thing in front of the dash called a steering wheel.
Tell it to Steve Saleen. I dont pull up to many cars on the street and get Ill out handle you ****. I really could care less about that feature of a car, seems to have absolutly no bearing what so ever in street bragging rights. But to each thier own. Enjoy your car.
Old 03-02-2003, 01:57 AM
02silverstanger

Default ...he..he

sukkoi19 says...

Hey, we can handle a few turns in the road !

But seriously...how often do you pull up to a car at a light and say "DUDE...you wanna go race figure 8's" or " Dude WAIT !!!! I gotta put the cones out before the light turns green !!!"

Some of you Z guys are to funny...and take things a little to seriously... I just hope you can drive as well as you Flame...
Old 03-02-2003, 05:23 AM
Caswell

Edumacate me here, por favor. The 350Z is running non-forged internals, with around 10:1 static compression, is it not? The numbers GReddy is putting out, are those sustained and are they on pump gas?

The reason I'm asking is that the 350Z's engine looks a lot like an LS1 when it comes time to boost it - high static compression and relatively weak internals. I'm not big into FI for these reasons, along with the ridiculous cost, but I think most LS1 guys are topping out at around 6-8 #'s of boost on stock internals. What's the GReddy kit running? If it's the low boost I think it is (or think it should be to claim no ill effect on reliability) then why not just slap a supercharger on there and save some trouble over a turbo (manifolds, wastegate, BOV, boost controller).

At least the cost of the car plus the kit should keep the ignorant ricers from getting their hands on it - imagine all of the holes we'd have in pistons if wE pUt MaD bOoSt To CrAnK uP tHa PoWa Yo.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:12 PM
rodH

Originally posted by sukkoi19
Tell it to Steve Saleen. I dont pull up to many cars on the street and get Ill out handle you ****. I really could care less about that feature of a car, seems to have absolutly no bearing what so ever in street bragging rights. But to each thier own. Enjoy your car.
well, tell that to the SC430 that I took going around 105 MPH (I only looked at the speedo for a briel sec and saw that it was slightly over 100, so don't quote me on that) on a freeway turn/on ramp. I drive a particular route everyday, and I only hit like 2 lights, BUT 31 miles of freeway. I have oppertunities to play MUCH more on curves than I do light to light.
Old 03-02-2003, 05:14 PM
rodH

Default Re: ...he..he

Originally posted by 02silverstanger
Hey, we can handle a few turns in the road !

But seriously...how often do you pull up to a car at a light and say "DUDE...you wanna go race figure 8's" or " Dude WAIT !!!! I gotta put the cones out before the light turns green !!!"

Some of you Z guys are to funny...and take things a little to seriously... I just hope you can drive as well as you Flame...
actually, a lot of people go to the track and autocross, I know if I were real serious about racing, I would much rather go to willow springs and run than Pomona raceway. I like F1 and CART, MUCH much more than NHRA, drag really does NOTHING for me.

Quick Reply: The Z Is ' QUICK ' So Get Over It!!!