Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Building our race car PART 2 (pix)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2003 | 04:47 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Default Building our race car PART 2 (pix)

So here's some more for ya'. I'll keep posting as they come in. We are also building a Web Site for this car, team and sponsors, but I'll still post here too.

Old 03-05-2003 | 04:48 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Hey Scott Webb! Does that Chevy in the back ground look familiar?
Old 03-05-2003 | 06:22 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Wow that's really cool- thanks for posting those pics... I like the roll bar-

How long did it take you to strip out the interior?

-Ethan
Old 03-06-2003 | 04:14 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

How long did it take you to strip out the interior?

-Ethan
This project was started around the 1st of Feb. Should go together pretty quick once the cage is done.
Old 03-06-2003 | 04:36 AM
mytalon

Does that section where the glove box and sub provide support for the frame or can it be cut out for weight reduction? If so desired, not sure of the racing rules for your class.
Old 03-06-2003 | 05:53 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Does that section where the glove box and sub provide support for the frame or can it be cut out for weight reduction? If so desired, not sure of the racing rules for your class.
This was a topic of discussion, and it looks (by the rule book) that it has to stay.
Old 03-06-2003 | 08:35 AM
wileecoyte

I know in your earlier thread you mentioned that the motor is being sent out to be balanced\blueprinted. I know racers are always cagey with figures, but any idea what the power will be? I'd like to squeeze some extra power out of the Z without going forced induction. I'm very interested to hear what the numbers look like b/c for racers it's always worth the extra little bit of power, but for the street the power gains may not be substantial enough to warrant the cost.

Thanks for the pics and info. I'm so glad people are starting to race the Z, and I'm sure it's going to be competitive. Keep up the good work, you've got legions of Z fans behind you.
Old 03-06-2003 | 09:10 AM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

any idea what the power will be?
Thank's for the kind words!! The bad (and good) part about my position with the company is I'm just the middleman. They tell me what I need to know and that's about it. This has been a lot of fun for me but I'm still just on the outside looking in. I agree that most racers might not disclose all, but they also seem to answer any question I have. I will see if I can get you any kind of answer in the next week or so. I do know that the car is out getting a custom exhaust built for it right now and if I can get dyno numbers when all is done, I will. "IF" this exhaust system works out the way they hope, they will be production built and distributed through us. More of that ..."I will keep you informed".
Old 03-06-2003 | 09:58 AM
Scott Webb

Jeff,

The Chevy I remember was a tube-frame, GT-1/Southwest Tour style car. There was a strong series featuring these cars at Willow Springs in the mid 90's. Mike ran against guys like G.R. Schmidt, Steve Anderson, Steve Reznowiki, etc. The concept is being re-introduced by NASA as the Amercian Stock Car Challenge, I believe.

Boy, the Z looks great coming together. Can't wait to see it in person.
Old 03-11-2003 | 01:43 PM
Jeff@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Just an update for inquiring minds.... We have now signed Stu Hayner to co-drive with Mike Cronin. The project is still progressing nicely and it looks like there will be some pretty cool info to share with you guys shortly..... stay tuned. Also for those of you who have e-mailed me, sorry to report but engine dyno numbers will not be forth coming as we hoped.
Old 03-11-2003 | 03:54 PM
jmark

Jeff,
Thanks for the updates. Stu is a very good driver. (Wish Neal could get a shot in one of the Z's) We should have two strong Z teams in GA Cup. Sounds like TC's T2 Z is doing well also.
Old 03-12-2003 | 11:55 AM
RobJames

Yeah