Killed a 2002 Mustang GT Manual

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 04:07 PM
krinkov

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE]Originally posted by |T3|
1: mag racing is gay

Agreed, but thats not an answer.

2: its common knowledge that 99+ mustang gt's are capable of high 13's stock... this is not a rare occurance and is more common than not.... i still think the 350z is faster... but lets not blow things out of proportion

Someone better relay this "common knowledge" to every mag thats has tested them, I have only seen times like that from the Mach1. How in the hell did I get into this thread anyhow? I dont even care if the stang was the one that beat the Z by 5 legnths, I still wouldnt want it. DRAG RACING IS RETARDED!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Killed a 2002 Mustang GT Manual-drag-racin1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2003, 04:17 PM
hfm

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krinkov
How in the hell did I get into this thread anyhow? I dont even care if the stang was the one that beat the Z by 5 legnths, I still wouldnt want it. DRAG RACING IS RETARDED!!!!!!!
Sorry man, I dragged you in by asking for your opinion. I didn't know that 5 car lengths occurs in .5 sec so I thought I'd ask someone I knew would know. You happened to be posting at the moment.
Old 03-31-2003, 04:24 PM
krinkov

heh, its okay. And Im not going to pretend that Im on some moral high ground about drag racing, hell I grew up in So Cal! But then I turned 18 and sold my camaro Spliting hairs over 1/4 mi times, especially on a car like the 350Z, is just missing the point of what the car was made for. Why dont we all put a 6" lift kit and Super Swampers under it and go mud bogging while your we're at it??
Old 03-31-2003, 05:53 PM
281cobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Re: Tweaked the Ecu & Killed a 2002 Mustang GT Manual

Originally posted by AngelGT2000

Good kill, but street racing don't mean jack. When and if you make it out to the track, make sure you let us in on your times.
I beg to differ. Steetracing DOES mean jack. Run what ya brung and that DOES includes driver talent. I can see by your sig you obviously know how to drive. But there are some people out there that can afford a fast car but can't drive a fast car.

BTW Oh4aZ, Good Kill
Old 03-31-2003, 07:18 PM
TRMach1

[QUOTE]Originally posted by krinkov
Originally posted by |T3|
1: mag racing is gay

Agreed, but thats not an answer.

2: its common knowledge that 99+ mustang gt's are capable of high 13's stock... this is not a rare occurance and is more common than not.... i still think the 350z is faster... but lets not blow things out of proportion

Someone better relay this "common knowledge" to every mag thats has tested them, I have only seen times like that from the Mach1. How in the hell did I get into this thread anyhow? I dont even care if the stang was the one that beat the Z by 5 legnths, I still wouldnt want it. DRAG RACING IS RETARDED!!!!!!!
It's common knowledge as far as I'm concerned. Instead of relying on some stupid *** in a magazine, I tend to go to the track and see with my own eyes what the cars can run. Christ, my Mach 1 could do high 13's with your sister driving it, she's the one under the confederate flag in your family montage that you posted, right?
Old 03-31-2003, 07:25 PM
krinkov

Jeez. we get at least two of these dumbasses here each week! Is this where the little yellow bus drops you off??
Attached Thumbnails Killed a 2002 Mustang GT Manual-domesticthuginternet-daved123.jpg  
Old 04-01-2003, 07:45 AM
281cobra

Originally posted by krinkov
Jeez. we get at least two of these dumbasses here each week! Is this where the little yellow bus drops you off??
You know for somebody who has over 1,500 posts on this broad. You're still a dumb ****. Go to some other sites and learn something about other cars before you open your dumbass mouth. If you think a 350Z can hang with a Mach 1 or a Cobra then you're going have a sore *** after they finish ****ing you. Better stick to GT's where you might have a chance.

Last edited by 281cobra; 04-01-2003 at 07:49 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 07:51 AM
paluka21

Guys! Mustang GTs ARE NOT that fast! 5 legnths is just .5 seconds, R&T has the Mustang GT here at 14.7sec http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....ber=5&preview=

We've all seen Magazine times for the Z down around 13.9-14.2, so whats the big disbelief!!!
Just so you know, this isn't always true, that .1 of a second=1 car length in the 1/4 mile. It all depends on how fast the two cars are going, mph has a large effect on how far apart exactly .1 is.
For example, on one of my runs I raced newer Eclipse GT, that car ran a 15.0@92mph, I ran 11.9@123mph, however I was not 30-31 car lengths in front of the guy by the end of the 1/4 mile.
I also raced a guy last year who ran 11.9@113mph to my 12.3@118, I was only 1-1 1/2 car lengths behind him when we crossed the finish line.
Also, just for the record, alot of a cars ability has to do with the driver ( as obvious by my ET vs mph ) therefore maybe he did beat this new GT by 4-5 car lengths, he might be a better driver than the guy in the GT.
later
DAN
95 rio red cobra #2021
Old 04-01-2003, 08:35 AM
krinkov

Originally posted by 281cobra
You know for somebody who has over 1,500 posts on this broad. You're still a dumb ****. Go to some other sites and learn something about other cars before you open your dumbass mouth. If you think a 350Z can hang with a Mach 1 or a Cobra then you're going have a sore *** after they finish ****ing you. Better stick to GT's where you might have a chance.
Ha! Your still talking about drag racing, incredible!!! I know its alot of effort but try reading the last few posts genius. I DONT CARE ABOUT DRAG RACING!!! Look, even if every Mustang ever made ran a 10 second quarter mile thats great, Im happy for you man, really give yourself a medal, I just dont really care!

Heres one thing I dont understand though that maybe you can help me out with. Why is it always a Mustang dirvers(no offense to the ones on this site who play nice) that are always the ones going to other car forums starting fight over drag/street racing?? I Mean, you dont see 4X4 guys going to other sites starting crap about how much mud they can drive through. You dont see mini-van people go to other sites starting crap about how much more stuff they can carry. You dont see Honda Insight guys go to other sites starting crap about how much better gas milage they get. But every site I have ever been to, import or domestic, has at some point had some mouth-breathing Mustang owner come try to start a fight about how much better his car was at dumb-*** drag racing than theirs. So tell me man, whats this basic insecurity you have with your Mustang that you feel the need to go to other car forums and start fights with people about how well it can drag race? Because I mean there are obviously alot of other cars that are faster than both of ours but they dont seem to have these insecurities that make make them feel they have to go trolling the other boards using the search button for any use of the word "Mustang" so they can spread the word about how theres no way Mustangs can be beat in race and that we are all obviously fools if we dont think the best thing we can be doing with our cars is drag racing them. So please tell me why its always a Mustang guy, I really want to know??

Look man, youve got a real nice car Im sure, be happy with what it is. Dont worry what any of us think about it. Go out and drag race and be happy, okay?

Last edited by krinkov; 04-01-2003 at 08:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:24 AM
AngelGT2000

Originally posted by 281cobra
I beg to differ. Steetracing DOES mean jack. Run what ya brung and that DOES includes driver talent. I can see by your sig you obviously know how to drive. But there are some people out there that can afford a fast car but can't drive a fast car.

BTW Oh4aZ, Good Kill
Let me ask you then, where you there? How do you know if the other driver gave it his all or even knew how to drive? Cuz, this guy comes along and makes a post saying so? At the track at least, where people just do happen to give it there all, he'd have times to back up his talk.

I'm not doubting he won. It's just the way he comes off saying it, "oh, i beat so-and-so by 4-5 car lengths". Last time i checked 2D objects, such as you rearview and side-view mirrors, don't show any depth. So how can he make a claim like that. Did he just look over his shoulder @ 100mph and judge the distance?

Street race all ya want to settle local rivalries. Just don't come online and expect the world to take your word for it. Like i said, i'll take a time slip, or vid, over his word any day.

Last edited by AngelGT2000; 04-01-2003 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2003, 12:23 PM
MaximumPwr

This thread is cracking me up. As for the guy who beat a Mustang GT, good kill. I believe you because I beat one just the other day, Friday 28th. It was a buddy of mine. His Mustang is about 3 months old. And it was a true kill from a dead stop. I even had a real bad start and feathered the clutch big time. I was trying to not spin the tires to much. But I still beat him by 2-2.5 links @ 105mph. And yes, I even turned around to see where he was at on my left side because I could not see him and I wanted to know. But we were on a 3 lane beltway so we had plenty of room. I was suprised to even beat him. It was my first time racing a GT. I have 4 witness's to this race too so don't even start talking your ignorant giberish Mr. God-Like-GT. And yes, he was trying very hard to win. Now I have read threads like this on this forum and other 350z forums and I am with krinkov. I certainly have nothing against Mustangs. In fact I am waiting for the 2005 to come out. I want one badly. But why do Mustang people get so mad about losing to a 350Z, or any import for that matter? Is it because you are afraid or mad about losing to a "foreign car", or is it because we are only a V6.......... a 287hp V6 that can be easily modded to over 300hp with just an CAI and a good exhaust system? Or maybe it is because your mad at yourself for not buying a faster car. I really don't understand why these Mustang guys get so angry. If anything they should be impressed by a V6 producing that much horsepower and performing as well as they do, I sure am impressed.
Old 04-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Caswell

...Heres one thing I dont understand though that maybe you can help me out with. Why is it always a Mustang dirvers(no offense to the ones on this site who play nice) that are always the ones going to other car forums starting fight over drag/street racing??...
Why is it that any time a new car comes out with any kind of power, the first target they set their street racing eyes on are Mustangs?

Why is it when a Mustang driver likes drag racing he's a Redneck but when a 350z driver posts timeslips and street/strip kills it's cool?

Why doesn't California do us all a favor and slide off into the Pacific?
Old 04-01-2003, 01:42 PM
TRMach1

Originally posted by Caswell
Why is it that any time a new car comes out with any kind of power, the first target they set their street racing eyes on are Mustangs?

Why is it when a Mustang driver likes drag racing he's a Redneck but when a 350z driver posts timeslips and street/strip kills it's cool?

ROFLMAO!!
Old 04-01-2003, 01:49 PM
jester

::golfclap::
Old 04-01-2003, 02:41 PM
S8ER95Z

I agree.. In fact I find it amazing that these same conversations occur between Maxima owners as well.

To krinkov, Uh..why did you even bother to post in this thread if your not interested in Drag Racing? I don't get it. I think Nascar is pointless.. do I purposely post in a Nascar Forum? Uh..NO. This thread was about a Drag Race..and guess what. It still is, if you didn't or don't like Drag Racing move on..im sure there are other threads for you to post in. To the 350Z driver who posted this kill.. Good Kill.

Just keep in mind one of these times your going (this is a guarantee) to run into a stang that leaves you walking funny. They are out there. I have one in my home town in street trim, weekend driver...runs 10.60s @ 127mph. He leaves a lot of Crotch Rockets in the dust. Fully N/A car! 460 block is incredible.

Also for the very basic sake of whatever argument this is... Find the same guy again (If possible..I live in a small area [40,000 Pop].. so its easy to come acrossed the same car again) and run for the hell of it..again..see what happens. No doubt on the kill on my end. Ive molested my fair share of mustangs.. . Ive been molested by them as well. Its all in fun! Be safe out there!!!
Old 04-01-2003, 02:43 PM
hfm

LOL!
Old 04-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Rob Nance

Not to try and start anything, but the reason people who do like to drag race always seek out things like Mustangs, Camaros, Firebird/TAs, is because we all know they are very fast in a straightline. The Mustang always being brought up is a compliment.

I do disagree with Krinkrov somewhat, although I would also much rather be on a roadcourse than going fast in a straightline, but I don't fault those that like to do it.

Just try and remember when it's all said and this thread is over, we're all just car enthusiasts, so don't take any of this thread to seriously.
Old 04-01-2003, 10:18 PM
dreamin4aZ

Just try and remember when it's all said and this thread is over, we're all just car enthusiasts, so don't take any of this thread to seriously.

thank you. at least someone else realizes that cars are cars. i mean i drive a civic. im on a 350z board. and i would love to own a mustang. point being that im a car enthuiast and cool cars are cool cars. but why do people think that one car is always so much better than the other. i mean every car has stregths and weeknesses but each car is just a different aproach to apeal to different car enthusiasts but that doesn't mean we should kill each other because of what we drive.

and like other people have said before the driver can make a huge difference in the way a car performs. i live in a small town where drag racing is all we have to do on weekends and i have seen alot of possible 12-13 second cars run 15 second times due to a bad driver so don't put so much emphasis on one race. if you won you won big deal just go find somebody with a mod'ed mustang so it will be closer next time
Old 04-02-2003, 06:19 AM
jester

::getting on soap box::

a little off topic (like this tread hasn't already taken that direction)...

I'm cool with everyone's opinion...it just depends on how you present it....

What I take issue with is the reference that drag racing, Mustangs, and F-bodies are for rednecks and that I automatically have a mullet. I know, I know...sticks and stones....
But I moved up to Georgia from Miami, and just the stigma of "redneck" just bothers me....I'm a white collar person working for a fortune 50 Company...I'm far from a redneck, and don't like having that stigma placed on me for what I drive and the type of racing I enjoy....
Thank you

::getting off soap box::
Old 04-02-2003, 08:48 AM
S8ER95Z

Originally posted by jester
::getting on soap box::

a little off topic (like this tread hasn't already taken that direction)...

I'm cool with everyone's opinion...it just depends on how you present it....

What I take issue with is the reference that drag racing, Mustangs, and F-bodies are for rednecks and that I automatically have a mullet. I know, I know...sticks and stones....
But I moved up to Georgia from Miami, and just the stigma of "redneck" just bothers me....I'm a white collar person working for a fortune 50 Company...I'm far from a redneck, and don't like having that stigma placed on me for what I drive and the type of racing I enjoy....
Thank you

::getting off soap box::
Damn man..that makes me want to trim my mullet!
Agreed 100%... I think thats the best the Import guys could come up with when they decided that imports are gods gift to the world. I personally know close to 100 f-body owners.. and seen many pictures of CZ28 and MFBA Members and have yet to see a mullet.

Quick Reply: Killed a 2002 Mustang GT Manual