Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Killed a 2002 Mustang GT Manual

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Caswell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Rob Nance
Not to try and start anything, but the reason people who do like to drag race always seek out things like Mustangs, Camaros, Firebird/TAs, is because we all know they are very fast in a straightline. The Mustang always being brought up is a compliment.
Right, I agree with that. It just gets tiresome to hear "my [insert import here] beat a Mustang GT!" in a street race, Mustang guys respond that a modded GT would walk them, and get the rebuttal of "you suck, drag racing is for rednecks."

I do disagree with Krinkrov somewhat, although I would also much rather be on a roadcourse than going fast in a straightline, but I don't fault those that like to do it.
Sure, I'd rather be on a road course... but then again, I'd rather be in a purpose-built race car on a road course. Besides, the roads where I live are very straight, or have very low speed limits. The closest we get to handling at the limit is taking an offramp. Handling may be important out west with mountain roads and all, but a car like the RX-8 would get very boring very fast in my neck of the woods.

Just try and remember when it's all said and this thread is over, we're all just car enthusiasts, so don't take any of this thread to seriously.
How can you take a guy like Krinkov seriously?
Old 04-02-2003, 03:12 PM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default nt

nt
Old 04-02-2003, 03:13 PM
hfm

Originally posted by Caswell
How can you take a guy like Krinkov seriously?
Caswell, Krinkov posted because I PMed him. I PMed him because I respect his opinion. If you read some of his posts and see what he does, you might change your mind. Krinkov knows cars.

Btw, I've come to respect your opinion too from your posts to my few race threads. Do me a favor, check out Krinkov's posts and reconsider your opinion.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:34 AM
jester

Originally posted by hfm
Caswell, Krinkov posted because I PMed him. I PMed him because I respect his opinion. If you read some of his posts and see what he does, you might change your mind. Krinkov knows cars.

Btw, I've come to respect your opinion too from your posts to my few race threads. Do me a favor, check out Krinkov's posts and reconsider your opinion.
Ok...at the risk of starting a huge flame war (which I will probably be threatened to be band from the board once again...)

I agree...I have seen post where Krinkov has offered up good info....BUT...if your offing up the "golden nugget" of info, however it is on a steaming pile of crap... Just go ahead and keep that "nugget" of info for yourself.

Also...if your agruing your opinion (which was done here), thats pretty stupid also....
Old 04-04-2003, 08:20 AM
hankd

Originally posted by krinkov
well if you mean just a regular GT, not a bullit or cobra, than this is about right on. Road and Track lists the 260hp GT as pulling a 14.7 sec 1/4mi. Figuring the drag rule of thumb that every tenth is a car legnth, a Z running 14.2 should be 5 legnths no sweat.
A Bullit won't be much faster than a regular GT...not enough to notice in a street race...

14.7 is PATHETIC for a GT. The fastest runs for stock GT's are in the 13.7 range. Most run around 14 flat at 100 or so...

Those mag times suck ***. A 1/4 time without a 60' time is pretty useless...

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
LS1 camaro = 290-305whp STOCK
Mustang GT = 220-230whp STOCK

not even REMOTELY close....
Mine did 310 RWHP stock...350 now with full exhaust and air lid...
Old 04-04-2003, 09:58 AM
|T3|

actually bullits have a different/stronger intake manifold allowing the be much more boost friendly...

they also come with 3.73 gears increasing acceleration... ive driven both gt and bullit and i could tell the difference....

i dynoed 368rwhp sae stock... =)

hank was that sae or std (the 310rwhp)
Old 04-04-2003, 10:10 AM
hankd

Originally posted by |T3|
actually bullits have a different/stronger intake manifold allowing the be much more boost friendly...

they also come with 3.73 gears increasing acceleration... ive driven both gt and bullit and i could tell the difference....

i dynoed 368rwhp sae stock... =)

hank was that sae or std (the 310rwhp)
SAE of course...305-310 is about avg for 01-02 6 spd F-bodies...whether they're WS6, SS's, or plain old Z28's...

latest graph...

http://www.mustangmods.net/data/34/MMTGraph-2.jpg

You mean 268?

Bullits have maybe 2 tenths over the GT in the 1/4 (on avg)...a friend ran 13.5 stock, 13.3 on DR's...
Old 04-04-2003, 10:38 AM
TRMach1

Please don't bet the farm on that statement! Bullitt Mustangs have the same 3.27 rear gears as standard GT's.
Old 04-04-2003, 10:38 AM
|T3|

Originally posted by hankd

You mean 268?

lol see sig....
Old 04-04-2003, 10:43 AM
|T3|

Originally posted by TRMach1
Please don't bet the farm on that statement! Bullitt Mustangs have the same 3.27 rear gears as standard GT's.

sorry my mistake
Old 04-04-2003, 11:20 AM
hankd

Lightbulb

lol see sig....
LOL...my bad...I glanced at it and thought I saw 03 350Z for some reason

I've seen 2 03 Cobras dyno with exhaust and air intake...410 RWHP and 430 RWHP (had a lot of tuning done)

Wicked cars!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:53 PM
saleens28100

If anything they should be impressed by a V6 producing that much horsepower and performing as well as they do, I sure am impressed.

i'm impressed... the Z is a very nice car.....i'm a stanger, just bought a new 03 cobra...and i believe a 350z would beat a
mustang GT..its lighter and has more HP..and for what it cost it better beat it.....need to change my screen name...

2003 METALLIC SILVER SVT COBRA..
Old 04-11-2003, 05:03 PM
281cobra

Originally posted by saleens28100
i'm impressed... the Z is a very nice car.....i'm a stanger, just bought a new 03 cobra...and i believe a 350z would beat a
mustang GT..its lighter and has more HP..and for what it cost it better beat it.....need to change my screen name...

2003 METALLIC SILVER SVT COBRA..
Congrat on the new Cobra. Damn you 03 Cobra guy are making me jealous. I still might get one but I'm keeping the Saleen. I like my 99 Cobra but I'll sell it in a minute to get an 03.
Old 04-16-2003, 08:25 PM
Oh4aZ

Update:

I already posted this in another thread, but I ran a 14.5 which I am very pleased with at this altitude since I haven't seen one single 350z break out of the 15s at this altitude. The guy in the Mustang ran as well. He was running 15.0X and 15.1X, but then he took off his air box and ran a 14.84.

So, I think that this substantiates my original post.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:04 PM
JZC

Someone should close this...

The past 30 kills by a Z owner I've seen here, there's always someone just waiting to bust their *****.

But there are alot of ignorant Z owners who think it's the fastest thing out there. So it goes both ways.

The 350Z is a good car, stats wise you can't deny it.

It's taking Turbos, Super Chargers, and V8's to beat our Stock V6.

Now, that being said.

There are alot of other great cars out there too.

Now, I'm not a Mustang fan. The current model just doesn't appeal to me. That's my opinion, just mine. Their power can't be denied though.

The Mach 1's are great and the Cobras'll peel the pavement off the ground.

Same goes for Cameros, don't like the style that's why I drive the Z. But the Z28s, LS1, SS, will all go.

The list goes on and on.

We all drive what we like.

While drag racing may be considered "Red Neck", ect. Don't bash it if you've done it. It's not something I'd do, but it's not red neck. I've seen way more Civics than Mustangs do it. So don't stereotype.

I agree with Rob Nance:

Not to try and start anything, but the reason people who do like to drag race always seek out things like Mustangs, Camaros, Firebird/TAs, is because we all know they are very fast in a straightline. The Mustang always being brought up is a compliment.
The main reason you guys are targeted is everyone knows Ford can make a straight line rockets. That's the reason all you guys are IMO.

Bottom line is whoever is will to put down the most $$$ will have the fastest ride.

My money is going towards food and gym related stuff. Maybe a Strong Bad shirt or two.

Give good kills props when they're due.

Mustang GT beats a Diablo by some fluke.

We all know that it'll never happen again but he won that given race. Good job.

The Z's not the best, neither is your car. Move on.

Run'em and have fun. Most importantly, run'em safe.
Old 04-16-2003, 09:12 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by JZC
Someone should close this...

The past 30 kills by a Z owner I've seen here, there's always someone just waiting to bust their *****.

But there are alot of ignorant Z owners who think it's the fastest thing out there. So it goes both ways.

The 350Z is a good car, stats wise you can't deny it.

It's taking Turbos, Super Chargers, and V8's to beat our Stock V6.

Now, that being said.

There are alot of other great cars out there too.

Now, I'm not a Mustang fan. The current model just doesn't appeal to me. That's my opinion, just mine. Their power can't be denied though.

The Mach 1's are great and the Cobras'll peel the pavement off the ground.

Same goes for Cameros, don't like the style that's why I drive the Z. But the Z28s, LS1, SS, will all go.

The list goes on and on.

We all drive what we like.

While drag racing may be considered "Red Neck", ect. Don't bash it if you've done it. It's not something I'd do, but it's not red neck. I've seen way more Civics than Mustangs do it. So don't stereotype.

I agree with Rob Nance:

The main reason you guys are targeted is everyone knows Ford can make a straight line rockets. That's the reason all you guys are IMO.

Bottom line is whoever is will to put down the most $$$ will have the fastest ride.

My money is going towards food and gym related stuff. Maybe a Strong Bad shirt or two.

Give good kills props when they're due.

Mustang GT beats a Diablo by some fluke.

We all know that it'll never happen again but he won that given race. Good job.

The Z's not the best, neither is your car. Move on.

Run'em and have fun. Most importantly, run'em safe.
ok...I was with you about halfway through...then I lost you until the last sentence.....
Old 04-16-2003, 09:18 PM
JZC

Yea, it's late and I've gotten no sleep for like two days.

I forgot to throw the GT's in there too.

I was trying to make a point about the drag racing thing.

Give props when they're due.

And people need to realize there'll always be someone faster and someone slower.

I should have typed it all in a different order I believe.

But I'm too lazy/tired to do it so let's just pretend.
Old 04-17-2003, 07:33 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally posted by MrSpiffy

I'm not saying you couldn't/didn't win, but 4-5 carlengths is pushing it. Stop becoming "magracers" regarding Motor Trend as God.

~Jeron
This thread has been pretty much dead for a while. Why would you go and try and stir things up again by calling BS? Where YOU there? Did YOU see what happened? That's what I thought.

BTW - 4-5 carlengths isn't pusing anything. ANYTHING can happen on the street.
Old 04-17-2003, 09:15 AM
Oh4aZ

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
This thread has been pretty much dead for a while. Why would you go and try and stir things up again by calling BS? Where YOU there? Did YOU see what happened? That's what I thought.

BTW - 4-5 carlengths isn't pusing anything. ANYTHING can happen on the street.
Exactly! I am wondering if people saw my update a few posts up. Based upon what he was running at the track and when I raced him, there was about .5 - .6 tenths difference. When we raced on the street, we went up to about 110 (even longer than the 1/4 mile). So, I don't see why you guys don't believe that I beat this guy by about 3-4 cars on the street from a stop. Read the earlier post guys -- he even admitted that I walked all over him.

Quick Reply: Killed a 2002 Mustang GT Manual