Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Track Day at Sebring Raceway last weekend (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 12:14 PM
westpak
SFZCC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day at Sebring Raceway last weekend (pics)

This was the weekend of the track event at Sebring with Speedventures. There were 3 of us 350Z owners there and on the second day a fellow with a 280Z showed up. For those that have never done this all I can say is WOW, if you have a sports car you need to do this type of event at least once it is exhilarating and it is so much fun to see what your car can do. This is where you see how a car really performs rather than red light to red light taking on other cars. And it was fun to see how three novices did the first time out. The turnout was only 30 cars since it was their first event in Florida and not too many people know about them so it was perfect for the novice in addition to it being 3.7 miles, so you rarely got into traffic and we were able to concentrate on learning the track and technique.

We did pretty good considering it was our first time. One went all out and got a best time of 2:47, I was a little more reserved and got a best time of 2:56 and the other 350Z got a best time of 2:59. The track is hard on brakes as you can get up to 125 on the backstretch about 110 on the front stretch and 90 or so on another stretch just before the hairpin so brakes are used extensively with a total of 17 turns. They are coming back to Sebring in June so I think I will try it again then to see how I improve.

The only real concern with wear are the brakes, I would suggest that in order to enjoy and go all out you need a dedicated set of pads and rotors for the track, all other euqipment such as tires do fine and are just a concern for upgrading to do better.

Here is a clip

And another clip