Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

??What was I thinking-I'm Dumb(z28 race)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Mr Fairlady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ??What was I thinking-I'm Dumb(z28 race)

well,.On the way home from work I go through a light and see a Blue Z28 w/ Blk(SS wheels(it was a Z cuz his license had "EXTA-Z"on it and ZZ28 badging) and a few Stickers(you know..that whole vibe)@ the light turning right--and he truns right once he gets a chance and Speeds up to get behind me--(I see him coming and weaving in & out of traffic to get to me)--so I smile we hit a Full Circle around/under type on ramp(rated @25mph turn-yellow sign says)---so i gas it a tad just to get going down the ramp @ about 40mph(not extreme)--and his car I guess was gettin squirrly mine was straight grippin and I get going as we exit the ramp and theres a car in front of me--he drives past me in the left lane(highway 485) and gasses it(sounds modded)(knowing I can't go faster)--so---
I then get behind him and theres a damn car in front of him going Slow as hell in "the Hammer lane"--so we're both dying to get him out of the way--New BMW is behind me too

SO the guy finally moves to the right lane(Sorry for the long intro--had to set the mood) and we get up to about 70mph then faster(85) and the BMW just kinda dies off--so he pulls in the right while I'm in the left & I get up beside him---we we're kinda alone on the road but a few cars coming up ahead--so I look over & he points in front of him to ask If I wanna race--I'm like "Well.....not much room for a long race" @ all---so he holds up 3 fingers to alert me of the 3 honks to begin---he downsifts to get ready--I do the same--and I down shift to 3rd doing about 60 or 65(RPMS @ damn 5k--so honk1,2,3

we hit it and he pulls a tad(front bumper towards the middle of his car---and DAMNIT--I had to shift!he was still going!!! My dumbasss wasn't thinkin--I was too high in the RPMs to do any type of "pullin" on him----so I shift @ red hit 4th and his rear is about a half a car on my front and then half way through 4th I had to slam brakes so he could jump in front to avoid rear ending the car on coming in his lane---I was pissed--I guess I was use to my Honda's(RSX-S & Highly Modded GSR)VTEC powerband has to go to the top of redline---knowing damn well the Z's power falls off @ like 6200-6300---I felt liike I could have realed him in but damn it was too late(& If I would have started in 4th w/ the rpms' @ like 3500-3700- I could have beat him- BUT-we had to shut down!
He didn't pull much @ all---it sounded fast but wasn't going all that much faster----

I felt stupid---but the guy then had to do a 3 lane cut-off to get to his off ramp and held his hand up ya know--all in cool spirits--but damnit--I wanted to own him....Guess he'll have something to say to his friends(I'll see him again) but I think he even knew it wasn't much if a race--I mean we only got up to about 95mph if that??

Moral and note to self--LEARN Z's sweet spot for highway races(But then again STREET RACING's bad mmmkay)---And the VQ is not a B series motor--you don't need high RPM's to pull!!
But All in all---not much of a race--> but a 1 1/2 gear run!
Sorry for the long Story---It just sux my dumbass should have been in 4th!
Old 04-15-2003, 10:06 PM
Maximam

Good race!

What year Z28?
Old 04-15-2003, 10:08 PM
Mr Fairlady

Probably like a 97-98 somthing like that--didn';t look to Bling--a little dirty!
Good race!
hahah yeah,..I guess---not even a race to me---I'm just Dumb!