Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

350Z vs. '01-'02 ram air TA

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 07:26 PM
CrazyBosnian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1Redline350Z
70? interesting.....I wonder why gm lets their cars be underrated like that.....and i wonder why my friends LS1 Z28 is only dynoing around 315 with intake. Your car is the bomb man....they must have added some extra displacement for ya at the factory that day.

But hey, since we're tellin tales...my 350 is underrated too....it dynos 375rwhp and i've actually done mods to slow it down (putting tar in my engine, replacing stock tires with bald all season radials, and adding an exhaust from an 88 accord). But still 375 rwhp....crazy!
You just proved yourself wrong, your friends car with intake for example lets say without it his car dynoes 305, your car dynoes 235 thats 70 RWHP or roughly 80 flywheel hp, even more, see...Why do you bother man?
Old 04-23-2003, 12:13 PM
S8ER95Z

whatever dude....tell yourself whatever you want to help yourself sleep better at night. But look who's on the 350 forum defending thier car's honor.....do you climb up the water tower to defend your sister's honor too?
LMAO..are you serious? I have no reason to be saying anything other than the facts. I can present you with MANY Stock LS1 dyno sheets...and you can present 350Z stock dyno sheets.. numbers don't lie.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:21 PM
sukkoi19

I wouldnt even bother with that guy. I just put him on my ignore and I feel so much better not having to read his mindless drivel, and obvious provacations.
Old 04-23-2003, 02:55 PM
x89gta350

I keep seeing all these posts and people saying that the ls1 must've been an a4. It really doesn't matter cause an a4 ls1 would still decimate you in your z. There really isn't that much of a performance difference between the a4 and the m6 the 4l60e is actually a pretty good tranny. My car bone stock went 13.1 at 105...most manuals will trap higher but in the quarter its fairly even. It angers me to see people posting how they can keep up with an ls1 just because its an a4...when its just untrue...i would give you guys less of a chance against an a4 then a m6 simply because the driver can't mess up. Why don't you go to the track and race a couple a4 ls1's and tell me how many you actually got within 5 carlengths of.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:06 PM
ELESWON

Originally posted by x89gta350
I keep seeing all these posts and people saying that the ls1 must've been an a4. It really doesn't matter cause an a4 ls1 would still decimate you in your z. There really isn't that much of a performance difference between the a4 and the m6 the 4l60e is actually a pretty good tranny. My car bone stock went 13.1 at 105...most manuals will trap higher but in the quarter its fairly even. It angers me to see people posting how they can keep up with an ls1 just because its an a4...when its just untrue...i would give you guys less of a chance against an a4 then a m6 simply because the driver can't mess up. Why don't you go to the track and race a couple a4 ls1's and tell me how many you actually got within 5 carlengths of.
Thank you. I said the same thing in another post. I almost wish i had bought an auto, for the simple reason the first question out of nearly anyones mouth about my car is "6 spd or just an auto". I would love to say "yeep just a lowly auto....wanna race?" 3500 rpm stall and some sticky tires, go out and run 12.50s stock as ****. People just dont understand......if you wanna have fun while you drive, get a stick, if you wanna show people tail lights, get an auto. Plain and simple.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:20 PM
Maximam

These 350Zs should be running low 13s in the 1/4 @ about 105+mph or the LS1 drivers suck.

As for the handling ability of the F-body, they are very hard to control. To get my stock suspended Z28 to go around a high speed corner without pushing or oversteering is very difficult.
Old 04-23-2003, 07:08 PM
mpol99

The Z has your cars so outclassed that you come over to this site and try to make up for your inadequacies....
I dunno man, we drive 350z's not 360 Modenas. I mean, the Z is still a Nissan. Its still a car for around 30K.

Peace
Old 04-23-2003, 08:08 PM
DamianZ

The Z has your cars so outclassed that you come over to this site and try to make up for your inadequacies....
One word, value.

Damian 2003 350z
SS 5Sp Auto
Tx
Old 04-23-2003, 11:37 PM
S8ER95Z

Look at how many LS1 ****** are replying to this post....there are almost no Z owners saying a word. Do you guys send a scout over here and then report back to LS1 daily so that all your **** little buddies can come over here and talk more trash?? You guys have a complex so bad that it smells almost as bad as your cars look. The Z has your cars so outclassed that you come over to this site and try to make up for your inadequacies....I've raced three LS1's and they are not nearly the super car your delusional diminutive minds make them out to be. This crazy bosnian dude saying he's gonna be making 400 at the wheels with intake/exhaust/headers/cams????? WTF. give me and the rest of the world a break. Sure, your cars are slightly faster stock 13.2 vs 13.9...big friggin deal. My car makes up for it in class and prestige. All you have is a redneck pos that most people view as a kids car. GM put all the money into that engine and none into suspension, structural integrity, ergonomics or anything else.
Keep flaming guys, you're keeping us amused.
Ive been here since November..and Im not planning on going anywhere... I never came here to talk the 350Z down.. just to learn about it. Answer any questions about anything I may know about and correct or discuss any Fbody related material. Oh and for the record.. Im NOT an LS1 guy

BTW.. A kids car? My car payment plus insurance totals around 700.00.. Don't know too many kids throwing down money like that. Oh and CrazyBosnian is not joking.. thats really what he will be putting down.. hel I think he is being a bit conservative on the numbers even.

Your not even amusing.. at least the rest of them members on this sight have held informative, non biased, and factual based discussions. I would say you make them look bad..however I don't consider you to be one of them.
Old 04-24-2003, 04:54 AM
Last WS6

Look at how many LS1 ****** are replying to this post....there are almost no Z owners saying a word. Do you guys send a scout over here and then report back to LS1 daily so that all your **** little buddies can come over here and talk more trash?? You guys have a complex so bad that it smells almost as bad as your cars look. The Z has your cars so outclassed that you come over to this site and try to make up for your inadequacies....I've raced three LS1's and they are not nearly the super car your delusional diminutive minds make them out to be. This crazy bosnian dude saying he's gonna be making 400 at the wheels with intake/exhaust/headers/cams????? WTF. give me and the rest of the world a break. Sure, your cars are slightly faster stock 13.2 vs 13.9...big friggin deal. My car makes up for it in class and prestige. All you have is a redneck pos that most people view as a kids car. GM put all the money into that engine and none into suspension, structural integrity, ergonomics or anything else.
Lots of anger young man. Take a deep deep breath. They are only cars.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:05 AM
ELESWON

Originally posted by Last WS6
Lots of anger young man. Take a deep deep breath. They are only cars.
Preach that shat. I could feel the hypertension ebbing through the monitor . Im not gonna get into a pissing contest about which car is overall better....to each their own. I would never come on another site (especially one dedicated to said car) and down talk it. Nowhere in all my ramblings have i said anything negative about the 350Z short of "my car is faster". Thats it. Nothing more. Thats all i had to say in the first place. Sorry you have so much aggression towards the make of car i drive. (that just sounds funny to say but its the only explanation). And you only further illustrate your ignorance when you make comments like --"This crazy bosnian dude saying he's gonna be making 400 at the wheels with intake/exhaust/headers/cams????? WTF. give me and the rest of the world a break". Hes not crazy, and like S8 said, maybe a bit conservative. If you took ohh 10 min to do a bit of research on an LS1 site (ls1tech.com if your interested) youd see that headers/cam/bolt-on LS1s commonly make 390 rwhp.....and up to 420 is not hard if you dont mind a big hairy cam. Shooting for 400 is about par for the course, depending on the selection of cam. Our heads flow 250 cfm (intake side) strait from the factory. Most cars with Stg II and III port jobs are lucky to see those numbers. A set of Stg III LS1 heads are well over 300 cfm (good for about 450 rwhp...all motor.... but ready for a 150 shot on top...still think im crazy?) Its obvious you have no respect for (or comprehesion) of what our cars are capable of, but dont implicate the rest of your members in with yourself. Peace.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:28 AM
JP00SS

Look at how many LS1 ****** are replying to this post....there are almost no Z owners saying a word. Do you guys send a scout over here and then report back to LS1 daily so that all your **** little buddies can come over here and talk more trash?? You guys have a complex so bad that it smells almost as bad as your cars look. The Z has your cars so outclassed that you come over to this site and try to make up for your inadequacies....I've raced three LS1's and they are not nearly the super car your delusional diminutive minds make them out to be. This crazy bosnian dude saying he's gonna be making 400 at the wheels with intake/exhaust/headers/cams????? WTF. give me and the rest of the world a break. All you have is a redneck pos that most people view as a kids car.
We are ******? Read what you wrote and tell me who is the *****. You are personally attacking LS1 owners. You do not have to like our cars, but you don't have to get personal. I'm gonna have to go crawl up in the fetal postion in my trailer and suck on the end of my mullet.
Old 04-24-2003, 01:59 PM
Maximam

Originally posted by JP00SS
I'm gonna have to go crawl up in the fetal postion in my trailer and suck on the end of my mullet.
LMAO!

Hey bro, I'll go get my 12 pack of Natural light beer, drink it with half the can all over my wife beater while kicking back on the porch of the single wide. Kid Rock will be blaring out of my LS1 parked next to my '76 El Camino project car up on blocks.

Oh wait! I'm late for my job at Labor Ready! They have me doing some real skillful work, I am doing construction cleanup.

1Redline350Z, want a Natural Light?
Old 04-24-2003, 02:45 PM
ELESWON

Redline, bro, your taking this argument to all new levels. Your comparing the quality, build, resale, looks, wow-factor, handling, and well just about everything but what we were talking about in the first palce......strait line acceleration. Im not demeaning your car, its nice, ive ridden in one and i liked it. But your making some wicked generalizations (along with some downright stereotypical ********) that just arent true...for instance.....solid axle rear makes the LS1 incapable of handling in a class with the 350Z....once again you should do some research. With the right suspension setup, an LS1 fbody would solidly flog a 350Z on a road course. No questions asked. 400 rwhp and .97-1.0g.....its been done and proven. F body platform got discontinued...big fuggn deal. It'll be back and better than ever in a few years. Just wait for it. You used the words prestige and class to describe your automobile. Indeed, its a good thing you ride has plenty of both...for you sir, have neither.
Old 04-24-2003, 03:54 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by ELESWON
Redline, bro, your taking this argument to all new levels. Your comparing the quality, build, resale, looks, wow-factor, handling, and well just about everything but what we were talking about in the first palce......strait line acceleration. Im not demeaning your car, its nice, ive ridden in one and i liked it. But your making some wicked generalizations (along with some downright stereotypical ********) that just arent true...for instance.....solid axle rear makes the LS1 incapable of handling in a class with the 350Z....once again you should do some research. With the right suspension setup, an LS1 fbody would solidly flog a 350Z on a road course. No questions asked. 400 rwhp and .97-1.0g.....its been done and proven. F body platform got discontinued...big fuggn deal. It'll be back and better than ever in a few years. Just wait for it. You used the words prestige and class to describe your automobile. Indeed, its a good thing you ride has plenty of both...for you sir, have neither.
Well said.....that last line cracks me up....OWNED

Quick Reply: 350Z vs. '01-'02 ram air TA