Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Whats with these BMW owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003 | 06:26 PM
lightweight

Default Whats with these BMW owners?

So after picking up my friend from his house I spot 2 black bimmers.. Both tinted and loud.. Ones an E46 330xi with a huge wing, and the other is a 2dr debadged E36 3 series with all the E36 M3 body work.. On the back of the E36 hes got a dinan badge and a Hamman badge, so as Im sitting behind him.. Im thinking he better have more then just a set of dinan floor mats in there otherwise hes going to get owned like the last E36 M3 that I raced.. So I follow him, and we eventually get to doing a few runs from about 5mph till I dunno.. 80 and I couldn't loose him.. We finally pull up to a light and I notice that he is sporting a few more tuner stickers (he must be some sort of tuner freak), and one of them says .. performance headers.. So he rolls his window down and Im like so what do you have in there?
Bimmer guy.. agh, a few things.. You know, if you can't pull on a 325 you should go back to the dealer and trade that thing in..
Me.. 325? Then what are you doin with those M3 badges?
<Bimmer guys' name has now changed to Ricer boy>
Ricer boy... Oh, I only have.. one...
Me.. 325.. ughh... huh.. scratching head..

Light turns green.. we go and get to another light..
Me.. So exactly do you have..?? I see a headers sticker along with a dinan badge..
Ricer boy.. Agh.. headers.. and a few other things..

At this point, Im thinking.. wtf.. I know my car is running right.. because as we were racing, both of us walked on the 330 xi with the huge wing.. and the night before I walked on my friends gti which runs low 14s at 97.. So, either my boy is has a seriously worked 325, or he was just too embarrassed to admit that his M3 couldn't pull on a little titty..

Im thinking he was a little embarrassed.. the last time I raced an E36 M3 I walked on the guy, and after exiting the highway, the kid rolls his window down and screams.. "what chip?" good ol X..
Old 05-18-2003 | 06:35 PM
rodH

Default Re: Whats with these BMW owners?

Originally posted by lightweight
So after picking up my friend from his house I spot 2 black bimmers.. Both tinted and loud.. Ones an E46 330xi with a huge wing, and the other is a 2dr debadged E36 3 series with all the E36 M3 body work.. On the back of the E36 hes got a dinan badge and a Hamman badge, so as Im sitting behind him.. Im thinking he better have more then just a set of dinan floor mats in there otherwise hes going to get owned like the last E36 M3 that I raced.. So I follow him, and we eventually get to doing a few runs from about 5mph till I dunno.. 80 and I couldn't loose him.. We finally pull up to a light and I notice that he is sporting a few more tuner stickers (he must be some sort of tuner freak), and one of them says .. performance headers.. So he rolls his window down and Im like so what do you have in there?
Bimmer guy.. agh, a few things.. You know, if you can't pull on a 325 you should go back to the dealer and trade that thing in..
Me.. 325? Then what are you doin with those M3 badges?
<Bimmer guys' name has now changed to Ricer boy>
Ricer boy... Oh, I only have.. one...
Me.. 325.. ughh... huh.. scratching head..

Light turns green.. we go and get to another light..
Me.. So exactly do you have..?? I see a headers sticker along with a dinan badge..
Ricer boy.. Agh.. headers.. and a few other things..

At this point, Im thinking.. wtf.. I know my car is running right.. because as we were racing, both of us walked on the 330 xi with the huge wing.. and the night before I walked on my friends gti which runs low 14s at 97.. So, either my boy is has a seriously worked 325, or he was just too embarrassed to admit that his M3 couldn't pull on a little titty..

Im thinking he was a little embarrassed.. the last time I raced an E36 M3 I walked on the guy, and after exiting the highway, the kid rolls his window down and screams.. "what chip?" good ol X..
nice

btw, you have any pics of your car??
Old 05-18-2003 | 07:17 PM
lightweight

Once I get my rear set of springs back from bilstein Im slamming it beyond belief.. =) Id love to get a set of your intro forged rims, but Im thinking 19s are a little too much for NYC streets.. : (