Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Ouch!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 07:36 AM
Z_Pride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ouch!

Was out last night with some buddies and a Prelude wanted to race, so I said "Sure why not?" Launch seemed kinda awkward as it felt like the back end was slipping around for 5 seconds or so, but after that it was ***** to the wall acceleration. It turns out everyone knew of the dip at the end of the road except for me(asses didn't bother to tell me) so I hit this HUGE dip at 90 or so mph and the car litterally goes airborne and comes down hard. The back tires were a good foot in the air and i came down hard on the nose(it's really scraped up) and the exhuast piping got a nice little chunk taken out of it. Everyone said sparks flew like no other and it looked like something off of Fast and the Furious(not a compliment to me). Anywho it was quite scary and I'm suprised it wasn't damaged more than it was. No more street racing for me, be careful out there guys.

Btw I won, silly honda.
Old 05-24-2003, 07:40 AM
noel48

Looks like you were set up to mess up your car
Old 05-24-2003, 07:48 AM
Z_Pride

Hm maybe, they were all Honda guys, go figure heh.
Old 05-24-2003, 10:46 AM
hfm

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Ouch!

Originally posted by Z_Pride
Was out last night with some buddies and a Prelude wanted to race, so I said "Sure why not?" Launch seemed kinda awkward as it felt like the back end was slipping around for 5 seconds or so, but after that it was ***** to the wall acceleration. It turns out everyone knew of the dip at the end of the road except for me(asses didn't bother to tell me) so I hit this HUGE dip at 90 or so mph and the car litterally goes airborne and comes down hard. The back tires were a good foot in the air and i came down hard on the nose(it's really scraped up) and the exhuast piping got a nice little chunk taken out of it. Everyone said sparks flew like no other and it looked like something off of Fast and the Furious(not a compliment to me). Anywho it was quite scary and I'm suprised it wasn't damaged more than it was. No more street racing for me, be careful out there guys.

Btw I won, silly honda.
OMG, LMAO!!! Not at your poor Z getting hurt but by your last sentence. I'm reading and cringing at the same time. Then out of the blue, comes this matter of fact statement that is a mix of owie but I kicked his **** and "silly Honda, Trix are for kids."
Old 05-24-2003, 02:00 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shouldve raced when your familiar with the road ahead. Anyway sorry to hear what happened to your car. I got this dimple dent on the rear wheel well area. I have no idea how I got it. Sh*t bothers me a little.
Old 05-24-2003, 06:41 PM
ScHeL

ouch is definately the case... even though i am out of streetracing and have my z on order i have a prelude =X but there is no comparison... the z is a much much more powerful car and no way a medium modded prelude would beat a z unless the driver was horrible...

but be careful that you only race where you know what all is going on...

ScHeL