Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Raced a '98 Z28 from a roll.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 08:47 AM
stx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if an stock A4 Ls1 run high 12's I guess a stock Z runs low 13's.

Last edited by stx; 05-28-2003 at 08:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:05 AM
Anthony Mantovani

Your taking this thread to a different subject here, I beat a Z28 from a 70+ roll, not a dead stop, and to get a 12.9 on the street is not gonna happen, with a stock Z28 A4, with a passanger. This is the real world street race not a perfectly prepped track. I don't hate on any car that is fast, but the Z28 I ran, I shitted on so suck it up cuz it ain't that fast.
Old 05-28-2003, 09:59 AM
stx

Anthony, I didn't mean it the way it sounded but I was trying to be a sarcastic to those that can't believe a Z can beat a Ls1. I know for a fact a Z can beat a stock Ls1 to because I have beat several. Note, I have also lost to several. What I actually was trying to say was show me a stock A4 Ls1 run 12's and I will show you a stock Z that run 12's.

Now watch I am going to get flamed because they will say a stock Z will never run 12's and a stock A4 Ls1 can.

Last edited by stx; 05-28-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:07 AM
brandboZ28

Originally posted by stx

Now watch I am going to get flamed because they will say a stock Z will never run 12's and a stock A4 Ls1 can.
Im not flaming but if I am not mistaken, the fastest a stock Z has run was a 13.6. Please correct me if Im wrong. Im not saying its not possible but that is a long way to go to hit 12s stock. As for the stock LS1 A4, I have seen MANY run 13.0-13.2 in person in hot and humid weather which is 12's on a day with better weather. If you want proof, go to LS1.com or any other f-body board and ask/look for yourself, otherwise, please dont post wrong or incorrect information because its getting old. I know anything can and will happen on the street. Im not saying that your race is BS or didnt happen but dont say that its not possible because it is very possible and it has happened. Again, Im not flaming, just putting in my .02.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:11 AM
JamRWS6

You guys are assclowns.

a 350Z is a high 13 second car with a 100 mph trap at best......a decently driven LS1 will run low 13s at 105+

I did 12.9 in my car with only a lid......on street tires with a crappy 2.15 60 ft.......take the lid off and cut a decent 60 ft and thats still a 12 second pass.

You make me laugh because the ONLY 350Z on this forum to run a 12 was spraying over 100 HP worth of Nitrous!!!!!!!!

Learn your place in the food chain.....since you can beat f-bodies so easily why don't i see C5 Vette kills???? f-bodies put down the same HP and most of the time its a drivers race.....or do some of you have your head too far up your own rearend to see that.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:13 AM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by brandboZ28
Im not flaming but if I am not mistaken, the fastest a stock Z has run was a 13.6. Please correct me if Im wrong. Im not saying its not possible but that is a long way to go to hit 12s stock. As for the stock LS1 A4, I have seen MANY run 13.0-13.2 in person in hot and humid weather which is 12's on a day with better weather. If you want proof, go to LS1.com or any other f-body board and ask/look for yourself, otherwise, please dont post wrong or incorrect information because its getting old. I know anything can and will happen on the street. Im not saying that your race is BS or didnt happen but dont say that its not possible because it is very possible and it has happened. Again, Im not flaming, just putting in my .02.
Well said......

despite what some of you think a 350Z cannot escape the laws of physics......287HP is not enough to push a 3100+ lb. car into the 12s and sure isn't enuff to pull a 105mph trap.

Overall.....
I'm not doubting that a 350Z could beat a LS1.....but it WOULD require a driver mistake......and the regularity that i see this happen (or supposedly happen) is ridiculous....
I've only seen one Z owner fess up to losing to a LS1 and it took a video for you guys to believe it!!!

Last edited by JamRWS6; 05-28-2003 at 11:37 AM.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:03 PM
StockLT1

http://stevil.easy48.com/video/COFBA...eLS1camaro.avi

http://stevil.easy48.com/video/COFBA...LS1camaro6.avi

That is a bone stock 2000 SS automatic. We didn't get any of his 12.9 passses on video, but there is a 13.03 and a 13.00. It doesn't take much of a leap of faith to think he could shave a few thousandths of a second off and run a high 12. I looked under his hood and it was in fact completely stock, stock paper air filter and all. I didn't believe it untill I checked the car out myself. He went 12.9X twice that I saw, and ran 13.0X-12.9 all day long. If you think it takes nitrous to do that you need to lay off the pipe. The 60' on the pass he made beside me(first vid) was a low 1.9, on factory F1's.

Now where's that low 13 second stock Z?
Old 05-28-2003, 12:49 PM
stx

I'm not doubting that a 350Z could beat a LS1.....but it WOULD require a driver mistake......and the regularity that i see this happen (or supposedly happen) is ridiculous....I've only seen one Z owner fess up to losing to a LS1 and it took a video for you guys to believe it!!!
I am the one that posted the video. To me its just fun and I don't care if I win or lose, but I don't understand why you guys can't believe you can lose not due to driver error. Maybe my car is a faster than other Z's but that has been my experiences.

StockLT1, I posted a video where I lost to a Ls1. If the Ls1 in my video ran 13 flat what due you think I would run. (By the way that Ls1 in the video runs mid 13's consistenly and low 13's occasionally).
Old 05-28-2003, 01:01 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by stx
I am the one that posted the video. To me its just fun and I don't care if I win or lose, but I don't understand why you guys can't believe you can lose not due to driver error. Maybe my car is a faster than other Z's but that has been my experiences.

StockLT1, I posted a video where I lost to a Ls1. If the Ls1 in my video ran 13 flat what due you think I would run. (By the way that Ls1 in the video runs mid 13's consistenly and low 13's occasionally).

The reason is b/c a LS1 is putting down A LOT more power than a Z is.....if you are going by factory ratings you are sadly mistaken.

Overall i agree with you....its all about having fun.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:38 PM
stx

JamRWS6, actually understand where your coming from. I was only sharing my experiences, not mag racing or looking at statistics.

All in all your right its about having fun. For me racing is better than sex (Well maybe not that great, but pretty close).
Old 05-28-2003, 07:12 PM
Anthony Mantovani

stx, I knew you were being sarcastic about the 1/4 times, I was talkin to the jackie chan impersonator (jk). I agree with all of you, that its all about having fun. And thats what I do best. I don't care if I win or lose, as long as were having fun and no one gets hurt. I know the Z28 is a faster straight line car than the Z, but you know as well as I do anything is possible on the street. I'm not here to BS anyone, I have a lot better things to do with my time (like my girl, or race). I have no problem admitting to a loss (when it happens), and I'll be the first to post a win when I do.
Old 05-28-2003, 08:31 PM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by NissanMan
Sigh, why is it most of the time that maro owners instigate the start of a 2 + thread page of ls1s vs. z33s. This is why I think that most maro owners should stick to their maro forums. Usually, i see the "BS flag" , and the on going start of a feud that never ends....We're just on here to have fun and see what the z33 can do, it seems like ls1 owners sign on here to "put a stop to our fun". Sigh.
First of all not all of us are 'maro owners........secondly we're not here to stop any fun but just bring you back down to earth when needed.
Lets just look at it this way........
Saying a 350Z could take a LS1 in a contest of straight line speed is like saying a LS1 could take a 350Z in the corners......sure its possible but the other driver has to REALLY suck.......
if you get my drift (no pun intended)
Old 05-29-2003, 07:32 AM
xZlr8

Originally posted by stx

That's just it. Every time these ls1 trolls flame about an LS1 kill it's always the same story, "the Z is a High 13 car and the ls1 is anywhere from 13.5-12.8". Hum, ok so given that i guess it's impossible to believe that maybe the Z's 1/4 times vary with "weak" and "strong" cars as well. I've had several run ins with ls1's and they are not near the car these guys talk them up to be off the line. In 4th gear they run off because of hp advantage and gearing. But i've seen Z's (including my own) take ls1's off the line and stay ahead until 1/2 way thru 3rd gear.
Your video that proves that. They're gonna give you all the typical BS about how the ls1 is underrated and really pulls 330 WHP straight outta the box (even though it's only rated at 325 from the crank) and how the car has been tested by numerous magazines as a mid 13 car on average, but hey, the car is underrated......the magazines lied because they had nothing better to do that day than slam GM products. This same crap has been flamed over and over again. Just ignore them.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:29 AM
JP00SS

Originally posted by xZlr8
They're gonna give you all the typical BS about how the ls1 is underrated and really pulls 330 WHP straight outta the box (even though it's only rated at 325 from the crank) and how the car has been tested by numerous magazines as a mid 13 car on average, but hey, the car is underrated......the magazines lied because they had nothing better to do that day than slam GM products. This same crap has been flamed over and over again. Just ignore them.
If you would do some research instead of believing everything you read in a magazine maybe you would find out that it is not BS. You are giving us the typical BS that you hear from a MAG RACER.
BTW, where are you in the southeast USA? If you are close I will show you my car that is only rated at 325 at the crank.
Old 05-29-2003, 08:56 AM
Steve98TransAm

They're gonna give you all the typical BS about how the ls1 is underrated and really pulls 330 WHP straight outta the box (even though it's only rated at 325 from the crank) and how the car has been tested by numerous magazines as a mid 13 car on average, but hey, the car is underrated......the magazines lied because they had nothing better to do that day than slam GM products. This same crap has been flamed over and over again. Just ignore them.
http://www.geocities.com/sigmachi03/ls1power.html

Even though this is a 98 model NON-WS6 Trans Am, rated at 305hp, the fact that it put 292.8rwhp down speaks for itself as far as underrating goes.

See the Corvette numbers for confirmation.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:41 AM
brandboZ28

I've had several run ins with ls1's and they are not near the car these guys talk them up to be off the line. In 4th gear they run off because of hp advantage and gearing. But i've seen Z's (including my own) take ls1's off the line and stay ahead until 1/2 way thru 3rd gear.
Gearing! Thats all there is to it off the line. What gears do the Z have? I really dont know. The highest available from GM is 3.42's. Also, with a 6-speed, a 1/4 mile is longer than 1/2 way through 3rd gear so are you saying that the LS1 puts all that time(.5 sec, at least) on the Z in half a gear?