Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

RSX-S ... no worries.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 05:26 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RSX-S ... no worries.

Was bored and some RSX-S tried to bug me by pulling a car length, then releasing throttle over and over again..finally I drove up side to side, we both downshifted roughly at same time. I was at about 80mph, downshifted into 5th,I believe he must have downshifted into 4th, and I pulled about 3/4's car length on him by 100mph. Then we saw cops in the distance and hit the brakes... I can only imagine how much I'd pull on him if I downshifted into 4th
Old 05-26-2003, 05:37 PM
JonsilvZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: RSX-S ... no worries.

Originally posted by Ricky
Was bored and some RSX-S tried to bug me by pulling a car length, then releasing throttle over and over again..finally I drove up side to side, we both downshifted roughly at same time. I was at about 80mph, downshifted into 5th,I believe he must have downshifted into 4th, and I pulled about 3/4's car length on him by 100mph. Then we saw cops in the distance and hit the brakes... I can only imagine how much I'd pull on him if I downshifted into 4th
Dont even bother with those RSX-S. I raced one off the line and beat it by 4car lengths to 80. It was a joke.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:52 PM
Mr Fairlady

Beware of them W/ Hondata and a few bolt-on's---they are actually gettin that fast!!!

but I wouldn't really even waste my gas on them
<---I use to own a RSX-S (Traded it for the Z)
Old 05-26-2003, 11:27 PM
NismoEagleRock

Received 14 Likes on 1 Post

actually, i'm glad this subject was brought up. my cousin has an rsx-s with an aem cai. i've sat in that thing when he downshifted, and that f*cker feels pretty damn fast. he claims to have kept up with a 350z, with the 350z slowly pulling away. the reason i talk about this is because i'm going down the track with him on saturday, and i wouldn't wanna let you guys down . anyway, mr. fairlady, since you used to own an rsx-s, do you think the honda will have a pretty good chance at keeping up w/ my times on saturday? i am running the z pretty much stock.
Old 05-27-2003, 12:22 AM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by NismoEagleRock
actually, i'm glad this subject was brought up. my cousin has an rsx-s with an aem cai. i've sat in that thing when he downshifted, and that f*cker feels pretty damn fast. he claims to have kept up with a 350z, with the 350z slowly pulling away. the reason i talk about this is because i'm going down the track with him on saturday, and i wouldn't wanna let you guys down . anyway, mr. fairlady, since you used to own an rsx-s, do you think the honda will have a pretty good chance at keeping up w/ my times on saturday? i am running the z pretty much stock.
I'll back u up on this one mr fairlady. I still own a rsx, I think it can keep up, here a video of my rsx doing a flat 14 on the 1/4. Hope this clear thing up. O wen your done at the track, please post up your time. I wanna see how you did. See if you can pass this rsx. And i have a Z too that thing is kinda hard to launch, sometime i even lose to my RSX with my little bro driving it. But best time i did was 13.8 w/ da z, well with a few weight reduc. But best of wish on your day at the track.

http://home.attbi.com/~rsx5/snakersx14.wmv

mod. intake,ecu,gasket and tires
Old 05-27-2003, 08:27 AM
LBSOHK

14.7 in m3 ?????
did you get a good look at the guy driving that m3 ?
was he disabled in any way ?
nice run
Old 05-27-2003, 12:32 PM
Ricky
Banned

From what I could see, this RSX-S had exaust, and a Injen license plate holder, so guessing it also had a CAI.
Old 05-27-2003, 01:01 PM
Jill

My best friend used to have an RSX-S and I handed her *** to her a couple of times, but she was still pretty new at a 6speed. Her car ALWAYS felt faster than mine, they do have some kick to them, but the Z is definitely quicker.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:26 PM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by Jill
My best friend used to have an RSX-S and I handed her *** to her a couple of times, but she was still pretty new at a 6speed. Her car ALWAYS felt faster than mine, they do have some kick to them, but the Z is definitely quicker.
I agree Stock vs Stock, yes the Z is faster, once the RSX is modded it can be the same or faster. Let me post up another video. 13.1 n/a rsx. All i gotta say don't get your self butt hurt if a rsx handed back ur *** back to you. I bet if she had some mod on that rsx it would be so fast. I only spend like 1500 buck to make it this fast, but imagen if i had spend more. Man I'm starting to love my RSX more then my Z cuz of this. I getting the impression that most Z owner think that they have the best car in the world and nothing out there can't beat it. Tell you now, your wrong, know your limited and stop being to cocky with your car. Make other Z owner look bad cuz you can't face that something that there are as fast or faster. Don't get me wrong RSX will can not and will not be in the same class as the Z no matter how fast it get it will alway be a rsx. All i gotta say repect all of the car out there, even a neon if the car is fast, then it's fast. But that just straigh line race. But when come to the real racing, the Z will take out the RSX like nothing. In a Road Racing i love my Z so much more then the RSX, but for straightline the RSX get it. I'm planning to get this car down to 12 sec or lower once the warrenty is over. So becareful you might meet one of this rsx on the street and will be suprise!

http://home.attbi.com/~rsx3/allmotorrsx131.wmv
modded unknow!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:36 PM
BlkStang

There is a RSX-S with just cold air(so he says) running in the low 14's at my track.....faster than I thought they were!
Old 05-27-2003, 04:50 PM
CrazyBosnian

Originally posted by BlkStang
There is a RSX-S with just cold air(so he says) running in the low 14's at my track.....faster than I thought they were!
Cold air, meaning N20
Old 05-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Jill

Originally posted by mrrsx350z
I agree Stock vs Stock, yes the Z is faster, once the RSX is modded it can be the same or faster. Let me post up another video. 13.1 n/a rsx. All i gotta say don't get your self butt hurt if a rsx handed back ur *** back to you. I bet if she had some mod on that rsx it would be so fast. I only spend like 1500 buck to make it this fast, but imagen if i had spend more. Man I'm starting to love my RSX more then my Z cuz of this. I getting the impression that most Z owner think that they have the best car in the world and nothing out there can't beat it. Tell you now, your wrong, know your limited and stop being to cocky with your car. Make other Z owner look bad cuz you can't face that something that there are as fast or faster. Don't get me wrong RSX will can not and will not be in the same class as the Z no matter how fast it get it will alway be a rsx. All i gotta say repect all of the car out there, even a neon if the car is fast, then it's fast. But that just straigh line race. But when come to the real racing, the Z will take out the RSX like nothing. In a Road Racing i love my Z so much more then the RSX, but for straightline the RSX get it. I'm planning to get this car down to 12 sec or lower once the warrenty is over. So becareful you might meet one of this rsx on the street and will be suprise!

http://home.attbi.com/~rsx3/allmotorrsx131.wmv
modded unknow!
Um, excuse me but I never said the z was faster than every car My boyfriend has a sleeper 3g, and I know that the z isn't the fastest car - there's always faster. Please don't tell me I'm being cocky cuz I'm not, I just said that I beat her - which is what happened, how the hell is that being cocky? I do respect the RSX, and I respect all cars for what they are, so don't put words in my mouth. Maybe you should take your anger towards the cocky z owners elsewhere and not out on me. And to have the audacity to tell me that I make other Z owners look bad? PLEASE - get over yourself, I just made one statement and you took it WAY out of context.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:53 PM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by Jill
Um, excuse me but I never said the z was faster than every car My boyfriend has a sleeper 3g, and I know that the z isn't the fastest car - there's always faster. Please don't tell me I'm being cocky cuz I'm not, I just said that I beat her - which is what happened, how the hell is that being cocky? I do respect the RSX, and I respect all cars for what they are, so don't put words in my mouth. Maybe you should take your anger towards the cocky z owners elsewhere and not out on me. And to have the audacity to tell me that I make other Z owners look bad? PLEASE - get over yourself, I just made one statement and you took it WAY out of context.
Sorry bout that, its not you but this is what i notice about most Z owner. I didn't mean to direct this at you but I have seen so many post that if a car that is in a lower class beat a car that high class people then to be upset about it and talk smack about the other person car. I love my Z but i don't put down car that are in a lower class. I repect all type of car, fast or slow. I only paid like 19k for the RSX (uncle is manager of a acura dealer) and with another 1500 buck it almost surpassing my Z, sadly cuz part is so much cheaper and very easy to mod. But I also notice when i'm driving my RSX and smile at a Z driver, they look at me as if i'm nothing, as if i'm jocking their car to death or somthing. Like my car isn't sh*t just another ricer wishing he had the money to drive this car. So again sorry if bout that. But you see why I am upset when statment that say "My best friend used to have an RSX-S and I handed her *** to her a couple of times" or "Dont even bother with those RSX-S. I raced one off the line and beat it by 4car lengths to 80. It was a joke." Make me feel like i'm driving a riceboy car when it's as fast as the Z. You would like it if a STi or Evo owner said, i hand those Z owner *** to them everytime, oh don't bother with those Z i race one and it was a joke!

Last edited by mrrsx350z; 05-27-2003 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:02 PM
Jill

Sorry bout that, its not you but this is what i notice about most Z owner. I didn't mean to direct this at you but I have seen so many post that if a car that is in a lower class beat a car that high class people then to be upset about it and talk smack about the other person car. I love my Z but i don't put down car that are in a lower class. I repect all type of car, fast or slow. I only paid like 19k for the RSX (uncle is manager of a acura dealer) and with another 1500 buck it almost surpassing my Z, sadly cuz part is so much cheaper and very easy to mod. But I also notice when i'm driving my RSX and smile at a Z driver, they look at me as if i'm nothing, as if i'm jocking their car to death or somthing. Like my car isn't sh*t just another ricer wishing he had the money to drive this car. So again sorry if bout that. But you see why I am upset when statment that say "My best friend used to have an RSX-S and I handed her *** to her a couple of times" or "Dont even bother with those RSX-S. I raced one off the line and beat it by 4car lengths to 80. It was a joke." Make me feel like i'm driving a riceboy car when it's as fast as the Z. You would like it if a STi or Evo owner said, i hand those Z owner *** to them everytime, oh don't bother with those Z i race one and it was a joke!
No problem, but when someone posts about a win, that's it - they won, they're not saying that their car is going to beat every one out on the road (at least I didn't say that), I was just saying that I beat her, and I even pre-empted it as saying that she was new at manual, and that the car has kick to it. Believe me, I know that there's plenty of cars that will "hand me my ***" and I NEVER said "everytime" like you said above, so once again, don't misinterpret what I say. I'd love to roll up to a sleeper - they're the funnest! I'm always a good sport, and believe me, I know not all Z owners are good sports, I see a lot of crap go on in here But remember, the price of the car doesn't always come into play when speed is involved, there's many other factors!
Old 05-27-2003, 08:15 PM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by BlkStang
Mostly likly he have a chip, with that hondata it can run low 14. w/ few bolt on, high to mid 13 and with few internal low 13 to high 12. I wish i can mod the Z the same way. Hopefully there will we some kind of chip that make the Z faster then it is stock. But as of right now RSX-S really need small mod to make them fast. The new K20 eng. has about 30hp more power when modded to the fullest from the B18c5 type r motor.
Old 05-27-2003, 08:27 PM
mrrsx350z

Thanks for understand Jill, hey can you tell me if this look rice to you? I just don't understand why some people gotta to be like that. This is my rsx at the last show! Not bad for 20k car huh!
Attached Thumbnails RSX-S ... no worries.-carandmodelrsx.jpg  
Old 05-27-2003, 09:34 PM
zoasis

Thanks for understand Jill, hey can you tell me if this look rice to you? I just don't understand why some people gotta to be like that. This is my rsx at the last show! Not bad for 20k car huh!
Thats a bad *** car. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting one so I'll have another car to autocross!!!
Old 05-27-2003, 09:41 PM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by zoasis
Thats a bad *** car. I'm trying to talk my wife into getting one so I'll have another car to autocross!!!
Thanks man, yeah that is one great auto cross car. I bet you seen a few of them tearing it up. That's what i'm planning to do with it.
Old 05-27-2003, 10:40 PM
rodH

20k??, you mean 24k???

oh ya, looks very very nice
Old 05-28-2003, 01:44 AM
mrrsx350z

Originally posted by rodH
20k??, you mean 24k???

oh ya, looks very very nice
Uncle bought it for me, but i wanted to just buy it from him. Becuase it was such an expensive gift to take. He a manager of the acura dealer down here in kali. So we got at what ever he paid for. He told me 19k or suming around there. But yeah got a great deal on this one. Wish he was a manager of nissan that would be so dope. He can get me all the nissan part cheap. Plus a Z at cost or invoice price. But oh well no complain, it's a nice car to drive around. Plus right it's is almost as fast as the Z. I'm planing to give it to my bro once he start go back to college so he'll have himself a nice sleeper to driver around. And rodh if you need any advice on how to mod your rsx let me know. I have done a few R&D on hella part for this car. I found some stuff that work and stuff that don't. Right now, i'm R&D on some adjustable spring. JIC is the best bet right now. Current setup cuz it dip in the rear and left up the front and losing to much traction traction.

Last edited by mrrsx350z; 05-28-2003 at 01:56 AM.

Quick Reply: RSX-S ... no worries.