Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Ran w/ WRX more then once

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 02:48 PM
zogan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ran w/ WRX more then once

I ran w/ WRX, it was silver in color. The guy came flying by me to provoke the First run.We then slowed down to about 30mph, then he jumped , I quickly followed and flew past him, don't know the car lengths, but it was a good amount. Then we ran another run from a roll, going about 15mph, we jumped about the same time, w/ the same results from above. He wanted to go from a stop, at first I was hesitant, but I figured I would see what would happen. He got me off the line, I had an average launch, then I caught up about 40mph then past him. I don't think he had any mods except exhaust, but the exhaust was real deep, not too loud. Those things are quick off the line, but not too competitive past that.

Last edited by zogan; 06-08-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 06-09-2003, 11:02 AM
jigga

sounds like a nice run!
Old 06-09-2003, 11:39 AM
NoRulzat140 MPH

yea 4wd has sick launches, but on top speed runs, it lacks sum juice..when compared to their low end power of course. cuz im sure a wrx can hold its own on the highway.... but people say... "he'll take u off the launch cuz he has 4 wheel drive" a z's 0 -60 is rated at 5.4 and a wrx's is rated at 5.8, meaning, if you both start off at the same time, you should be the one who is first to 60, regardless of the awd. nice kill by the way. keep em coming
Old 06-09-2003, 06:29 PM
zogan

Originally posted by NoRulzat140 MPH
yea 4wd has sick launches, but on top speed runs, it lacks sum juice..when compared to their low end power of course. cuz im sure a wrx can hold its own on the highway.... but people say... "he'll take u off the launch cuz he has 4 wheel drive" a z's 0 -60 is rated at 5.4 and a wrx's is rated at 5.8, meaning, if you both start off at the same time, you should be the one who is first to 60, regardless of the awd. nice kill by the way. keep em coming
They will give you Hell off the start, but after that, they aren't impressive (stock) but I hear they are easy to mod and I have ridden in one that would of gave my supra TT(w/mods) a good run for its money.
Old 06-11-2003, 03:59 AM
LBSOHK

nice.... i did the same thing with my friend.... but was launch faster than he did... im really not impressed with those wrx , always thought it was a faster car..
Old 06-11-2003, 05:12 AM
silverTA 2002

Originally posted by lbsohk1
nice.... i did the same thing with my friend.... but was launch faster than he did... im really not impressed with those wrx , always thought it was a faster car..
You have to remember that it's all AWD that makes the accleration #'s of those cars fast.

The auto WRXs don't have the advantage of a 4k launch, so they run high 14 to low 15 second 1/4 miles.

Beware of a slightly modded one. I raced one with a boost controller, intake, and downpipe, and it beat me till 100mph. Pretty fast little bugger. Especially on the street, since AWD means perfect/consistent launches, everytime.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:41 AM
jigga

With the WRX, all they need is a turboback exhaust,raised boost and unichip (250bux), and they post identical traps to the 350Z in the 1/4mile race. they should not be underestimated from a stop or a roll on race
Old 06-16-2003, 03:38 PM
SchoolZin

I agree with jigga. You really shouldn't underestimate the WRX's. I may be biased because I used to own one, but a little modding goes a long way on these guys. I only ran a cat-back and EBC and wow did it make a friggin' difference. I still run with about 6 WRXs and most are running EBCs, Turbo-back exhausts, up-pipes. Once you free up those cats, the turbo spools up a lot faster and full boost can be maintained in all gears with the EBC. No flaming please, I just have total respect for those little boogers.