Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Finally raced a new Stang GT.. And the driver was a tool

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2003, 05:10 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally raced a new Stang GT.. And the driver was a tool

I am on the last stretch of road before the highway in light traffic at a set of lights and a guy (mid 20's) was a few lanes over in a new Green Mustang GT. He keeps looking over at me with a blank stare and reving and then proceeds to head up onto the highway. He entered the ramp 2 cars in front of me and the car in front of me was creeping. So once I got on the highway I had some catching up to do, I was going 90-100ish to catch up (this was pretty late at night, very few cars) and he must of seen me coming up behind him from a distance cuz he gassed it as I was closing in on him.

Now here's were it gets interesting. I get behind him going about 100 in 4th gear and he punches it, I proceed to gain on him pretty quickly and then I make an attempt to switch lanes to pass him and HE CUTS ME OFF! He is playing road block on me at 110-120 MPH! Going back and forth not letting me pass. So now he goes back into the left lane and I get behind him slightly letting of the gas to keep pace (3 lane hwy) and a car is coming up in the middle lane, so I floor it again and cross 2 lanes to the right using the car in the middle (looked to be a Black Camaro SS) as a block and finially pass him then I get by him maybe 2 car lenghts (130+ now easily, didn't really have time to look) put my arm out the window and gave him the thumbs down and let off, he passes by me looking straight ahead ignoring me and I turn off my exit.

I could not belive he would not let me pass! How dangerous and stupid could somebody be? Well needless to say I was pretty impressed with the rate I passed/gained on him. Maybe it was an auto who knows. But it got my blood pumping and it was fun.
Old 06-20-2003, 05:42 AM
Daewoo

Man now a days u have to be really careful. people r loosing their minds out there. doing all kinds of crazy ****!

b careful
Old 06-20-2003, 05:48 AM
JP00SS

From my experience, stock GT's lose steam the faster you go. You probably should have just backed off if this idiot was blocking you going 130, one stupid mistake on his or your part would not have been good, but then again I would have probably done the same thing trying to get around him.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:47 AM
JamRWS6

If you were closing in on him like you say you most likely had a lot of MPH on him already and it doesn't surprise me you would seem to have no problems with him considering he would be trying to match the MPH you were already going to catch up to him.

Anyways what he was doing was stupid and dangerous. I would have let the fool go.
Good to see you came out of that uninjured.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:55 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Originally posted by JamRWS6
If you were closing in on him like you say you most likely had a lot of MPH on him already and it doesn't surprise me you would seem to have no problems with him considering he would be trying to match the MPH you were already going to catch up to him.
Not how it happened at all, when i caught him we were both at 95-100. I caught up to him and pulled up his *** probably about 1 car length and we maintained it for probably 5-10 seconds (we were on a moderate ) and when it straightened out I sensed him pulling forward on me and then I responded. If anything he had a couple of MPH on me.

I actually see a black WS6 with what looks to be an exhaust all the time on the way back from work in traffic at least 1 time a week, sounds nice and grumbly . But after the traffic breaks up he goes another direction. I would like to get a run in with him just for fun.

Last edited by Daytona Blue Z in Bo; 06-20-2003 at 09:07 AM.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:16 AM
StackZfan

That was a crazy story, what a jackass!!
Old 06-20-2003, 10:24 AM
JamRWS6

Originally posted by Daytona Blue Z in Bo
Not how it happened at all, when i caught him we were both at 95-100. I caught up to him and pulled up his *** probably about 1 car length and we maintained it for probably 5-10 seconds (we were on a moderate ) and when it straightened out I sensed him pulling forward on me and then I responded. If anything he had a couple of MPH on me.

I actually see a black WS6 with what looks to be an exhaust all the time on the way back from work in traffic at least 1 time a week, sounds nice and grumbly . But after the traffic breaks up he goes another direction. I would like to get a run in with him just for fun.
Oh ok......it just sounded as though you were coming up on him and he punched it and you kept gaining on him. The GTs aren't exactly top end monsters so its not unbelievable that you pulled him from a highway roll.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:28 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Can't edit, after 90 mins, my last post should read:

" (we were on a moderate turn) "

But ya that guys was a complete idiot, wouldn't be surprised if he was drunk.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:05 PM
Blown Venom

Interesting story, despite there being NO green GT's ever made from 99-03......interesting story.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:06 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Blown Venom
Interesting story, despite there being NO green GT's ever made from 99-03......interesting story.
technically a Billit is a "GT" just look at teh side marker it says "GT" and I see plenty of green ones, unless I am colorblind.
Old 06-21-2003, 09:02 AM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

Man some people are weird. We got a person trying to discredit my race by telling me there were no green made. I see SO many green new body style GTs its rediculas.

Just went to the Ford site, becides the front page picture of a green Mustang on the Mustang main page and under the build/design your car section the green option is called:

Tropic Green Clearcoat Metallic

Suck it!

Last edited by Daytona Blue Z in Bo; 06-21-2003 at 09:08 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 10:21 AM
necrocannibal

Man some people are weird. We got a person trying to discredit my race by telling me there were no green made. I see SO many green new body style GTs its rediculas.

Just went to the Ford site, becides the front page picture of a green Mustang on the Mustang main page and under the build/design your car section the green option is called:

Suck it!

LOL!!!!! Blown Venom just got OWNED

Last edited by necrocannibal; 06-21-2003 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-21-2003, 12:39 PM
jackie chan

there is an amazon green also.....sometimes i think they painted my zinc yellow vert green before they sprayed on the yellow
Old 06-21-2003, 04:56 PM
Blown Venom

Suck it!
My bad. I was not discrediting your "kill". I have never seen or even heard of a green 99-03 GT being made except the Bullitt (I know it wasn't a Bullitt you raced). I went to the Ford website and low and behold, a tropic green GT.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:25 PM
RedRocketZ

This is cool cus two weeks ago I raced a new GT too and in similar conditions at a 75 roll. At about 120 I had him by a nose, however that’s when he let off we both gave thumbs up and slowed down. I didn't want to post it because for one ppl won't believe it and secondly I don't want all the Stang owners to jump on and hate on me.

P.S. I don't like it when ppl call it a kill. It’s a race I didn't kill anyone. My 2 cent
Old 06-22-2003, 07:33 AM
jackie chan

Originally posted by RedRocketZ
This is cool cus two weeks ago I raced a new GT too and in similar conditions at a 75 roll. At about 120 I had him by a nose, however that’s when he let off we both gave thumbs up and slowed down. I didn't want to post it because for one ppl won't believe it and secondly I don't want all the Stang owners to jump on and hate on me.

Sounds about right to me....I know my vert isnt that strong up top....dont tthink any knowledgeable 99+ mustang guy would call bs on that
Old 06-22-2003, 09:09 AM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My bad. I was not discrediting your "kill". I have never seen or even heard of a green 99-03 GT being made except the Bullitt (I know it wasn't a Bullitt you raced). I went to the Ford website and low and behold, a tropic green GT.
how do you know???
Old 06-22-2003, 09:10 AM
TereP

Originally posted by jackie chan
Sounds about right to me....I know my vert isnt that strong up top....dont tthink any knowledgeable 99+ mustang guy would call bs on that
Yep, the GT is fun to play cat and mouse with cruiZing up the highway. In the 70-110 range both cars are a good match (low end the GT has the torque; top end Z has the HP). There's a guy around here who drives a nice silver GT who's fun to play with whenever I run across him on the road -- all fun and we always give each other a big thumbs up when we're finished playing.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:47 AM
jester

No Green GTs?
man I pass em all the time....
Attached Thumbnails Finally raced a new Stang GT.. And the driver was a tool-pool-sharkowned.jpg