Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Race w/ Evo8 Becomes Mad Dash From The Law!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2003, 12:06 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by djkern
hey....at least we agree with one another.

so, Hedonist and GaryK....would you go complain everywhere if you lived in germany and someone flew by you on the autobahn going super fast? cause, i know many people that have driven far above 150 on the autobanh. are they bad people? it's not against the law...so, they are free to do whatever they want.
I don't live there so I don't really give a ****...
This isn't about good people or bad people...
And I'm not complaining. I'm just letting the guy know he's a dumbass...he can do what he wants as long as it doesn't effect me directly. The point about insurance rates that was brought up previously is a good one, but that gets jacked up because of so many things its hard to do anything about it anyway.

And no, I actually would not complain about someone going fast on the autobahn if I did live there. That's a whole different situation from our highways where there is a speed limit that is relatively low and in general the traffic is travelling at that approximate speed. Apples and oranges....
Old 06-23-2003, 12:15 PM
djkern
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok, well...different story here. no one stay at the speed limit. i get passed when i'm in the middle lane going 75. i stay with traffic in the fast lane doing 90. much different i guess in boston rather than va.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:20 PM
03tour

You two are funny!!!!
Old 06-23-2003, 12:22 PM
GaryK

I know what you're saying, a LOT of people are actually doing a good bit over the speed limit. I don't even see a problem with everybody doing 90, as long as pretty much everybody is doing it. The problem comes with the speed differential. Even if everybody is doing 90, when you're blasting down the highway at 150, that's a 60 mph differential....pretty much the same thing as hitting a parked car while travelling at 60 mph.
Old 06-23-2003, 12:23 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by 03tour
You two are funny!!!!
Hey, this is all for fun right?
Old 06-23-2003, 12:43 PM
djkern
Banned

no kidding. i'm not arguing. this is a conversation....i don't see any swears or bold letter or anthing. we're just stating 2 opinions. but, yeah, it is like hitting a car at 60 MPH. i just wonder how many cars were out. and what the weaving was. was it regular traffic....or were there 3 or 4 cars he went around? he said "late" in there....so, i wonder what "late" is???
Old 06-23-2003, 05:46 PM
John

so, Hedonist and GaryK....would you go complain everywhere if you lived in germany and someone flew by you on the autobahn going super fast? cause, i know many people that have driven far above 150 on the autobanh. are they bad people? it's not against the law...so, they are free to do whatever they want.
I've lived in Germany, and driven on the autobahn at high speeds before, so I know what the culture is like. For one, driving is a privilege there, and an expensive one at that. Plus there is a driving etiquette not found anywhere in the U.S., and the roads are designed for those speeds (most U.S. roads are not). European headlights are much brighter as well and are designed to show the road differently. Don't forget that most of the autobahn has a speed limit now, so there aren't as many avenues for unlimited speed. You also don't see people weaving at 150mph.

I in no way criticized the speed limit here, in fact, I know it's too slow. However, driving like that on a public highway is ridiculous, especially when our little stunnarific friend posts on a public board bragging how he weaved in and out of traffic at 150mph with other cars to evade the police.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:12 PM
djkern
Banned

true. i see your points.
Old 06-23-2003, 06:25 PM
Duck

OH NO! Please disagree some more I was having fun reading
Old 06-23-2003, 06:28 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by Duck
OH NO! Please disagree some more I was having fun reading
LOL!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:37 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Originally posted by Hedonist
...especially when our little stunnarific friend posts on a public board bragging...

Stunnarific ??? I LOVE it!
Old 06-24-2003, 09:45 AM
toykilla

we was taggin along with my buddies ls1 club and they decided to do some high speed runs on the highway. there were some cars on the road but the left lane was wide open for miles.

a line of about six took off in the left lane and flew by some cars going a a little over 100. a guy in a miata decide to change lanes into the left one AFTER, let me say that again AFTER the first 5 cars flew by. He jumped right in front of the 6th car.

Maybe it is just me, but if i saw 5 cars fly by doing 100+ i would probably check my mirrors before jumping into their lane.

The 6th car had to slam the brakes hard and even take the shoulder to avoid destroying the miata.

I guess this post shows you dont have control of some things. But case in point, it shows there are shitty drivers out there. I think to get a drivers license you should have to pass some rigorous driving tests (no written, but actually behind the wheel)... it reminds me of the AOL commercial with the monkey im'ing his buddy that he finally got his license on the 3rd try.

There are people that cannot catch a NERF football from 5 feet away, and we are empowering them with 3-5 thousand pound vehicles doing 60mph on a daily basis. No wonder there are so many accidents.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:05 PM
ml2316

those are bad@ss stories. but man if you get caught what does that do to your insurance? plus, you'd lose your license, right? just wondering.
Old 06-24-2003, 02:20 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

I do not condone unsafe driving, having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the story ...but man do I get sick of the trolls getting on the soapbox!
Old 06-24-2003, 03:34 PM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Originally posted by dh1111
I do not condone unsafe driving, having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed the story ...but man do I get sick of the trolls getting on the soapbox!
"Trolls" seek to discredit a story.

Noone here is trying to discredit the story. We are calling this guy a moron for endangering himself and others, and a bigger moron for bragging about it.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:24 PM
syf0n

Originally posted by RoadRagerInTherapy
"Trolls" seek to discredit a story.

Noone here is trying to discredit the story. We are calling this guy a moron for endangering himself and others, and a bigger moron for bragging about it.
1.) I wasn't bragging. I called MYSELF and idiot in my initial post.

2.) You are trolling by beating a dead horse. Every person who has come in here with your attitude has stated the blatantly obvious: that I was an idiot. What good are you doing by repeating what everyone else (including me) has made obvious? Nothing. You're doing nothing but trolling.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Inova

you 'moms' here need to just relax. the guy did 150+ on the freeway. sure its stupid, but he has already admitted it. he came on here to post a story to entertain us. im sure if he wanted a lecture he'd tell his parents instead of us.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:43 PM
mark_wilkins

Regarding travel on the Autobahn, even segments with no set speed limit during the day have a roughly 70 mph limit at night.

-- Mark
Old 06-24-2003, 05:42 PM
GaryK

Originally posted by Inova
you 'moms' here need to just relax. the guy did 150+ on the freeway. sure its stupid, but he has already admitted it. he came on here to post a story to entertain us. im sure if he wanted a lecture he'd tell his parents instead of us.
LOL! I love getting you guys stirred up. The crap some people come up with is my entertainment...so thanks syf0n, you've entertained us all. Even me. Now, the rest of you kiddies rush out and see if you can be fast and furious too!