Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

Race w/ Evo8 Becomes Mad Dash From The Law!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2003, 02:23 AM
syf0n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race w/ Evo8 Becomes Mad Dash From The Law!

I met some guy with an Evo8 tonight and as he left our venue I followed him (headed in same direction for a while).. This guy was talking about how fast it is, and I have seen them in action so I know it's no bull! I was following the guy, and behind me a few cars was my friend in a Z06. We were doing about 135MPH on I-10 following the Evo8 (slowly moving up on him) and suddenly we get RAPED on KA Band (Valentine One for both of us). I will pause for a second and tell you how f*cking surreal it is to hear the "BRAAAAPPP!" of a V1 reporting Ka, and then looking down to see your speedo reading 132MPH. Almost instantaneously there were lights behind us! It was probably instant on. At first I was unaware of what happened because I had windows down and music loud. As soon as I saw the lights I drew up my windows. Well, my buddy in the Z06 braked for a second, but we followed the Evo's lead and just kept going!!! We hung with the Evo the entire time (he probably got up past 160 if he can, this guy was ****ing crazy and I barely had the ***** to hang with him) and ended out topping off the trip (me at least) at 157MPH. Fastest I have ever gotten my Z to go, I thought they were limited 2MPH below that but...???? My assumption is that the speedo was incorrect. Anyhow, that's what both digital and analog read. Kinda wierd.

So anyhow, the Evo turned off and we kept going. I would say the three of us were weaving at 150+ MPH for a good 2 miles. We went one exit further and got off, then got right back on (did 150 through the interchange) and went to the next exit before getting off.

Thought I'd share because even though it was sort of unknowing, and obviously stupid, it is the first time I have ever run from "the man" on the open road. I rarely speed like that so I am sort of giddy about the whole thing still. Needless to say, they never caught up and we did some evasive manuevering after we got off the I-10. We figured out there is no way they could have gotten our plates because they were never within 50 feet of us.
Old 06-22-2003, 02:40 AM
zpeedDemon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ur one lucky bastage!
Old 06-22-2003, 03:17 AM
spinninbackfist

Bet your a$$ had a pucker factor of about 10, probably sucked half the seat up you butt when you saw those lights...lol But hey got hell of a story to tell your grandkids.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:02 AM
KurtP

[typical lecture about "weaving" at 150][/typical lecture about "weaving" at 150]

i think i would have **** my pants if the ka blew up at a buck 30.....

cmon man, DETAILS how'd the car feel at 150
Old 06-22-2003, 11:10 AM
syf0n

It felt as solid as my Boxster or any other 911 I have driven does at 150+, and I was definitely haning with the Evo top end. I know he's got me fof the line (AWD TURBO+++) but I was happy to know our cars can handle them top end

Of course my friend in the Z06 came sailing past us doing 175 easily, and would then get back in behind us :-P

Three cars doing that sort of speed for a little over two miles was wierd. Felt kinda Gumball...
Old 06-22-2003, 01:19 PM
GaryK

Putting on my nomex for this....

but, you sir are a dumbass. Not only for the obvious reasons, but also because you're posting on a public message forum about how you successfully evaded the police. Unless you aren't really Richard Thompson from Savannah.

Have a nice day
Old 06-22-2003, 01:23 PM
KurtP

ROFL
Old 06-22-2003, 01:38 PM
djkern
Banned

if you were doing 150 for 2 miles....that would take you about 45 second! man...that's quick. i'm sure you were at 150 for longer than that though! must have been fun!!
Old 06-22-2003, 01:40 PM
myinfinitig20

syphon...good job....you the man
Old 06-22-2003, 02:40 PM
Daytona Blue Z in Bo

A few years back I was on the way home from my chicks house late with my HEAVILY modded eclipse GST and I was going like 135 on the highway late at night. I passed by an all blacked out suburban and like 2 secs after I passed he put on his lights, it was a state trooper truck (didn't realized it at night) and I hit the brake for like 1 second (realized it was a truck and it was NOT catching me) floored it again (shut my lights off) and got off the next exit and went through some back roads and parked it.

I was hoping he didn't catch my plate as I flew by him and my heart was pounding when I got back home for 2 hours waiting for a knockon the door by a guy with cuffs. But all was clear! Phew!
Old 06-22-2003, 02:48 PM
daking350
Banned

Yeah nice story..I think that was a scene from2fast 2 furious?

Richard Thomson of Savahna!!!!hahahahahahaha dumbass!!!

How abot posting a picture of your car while your at it...better yet a picture of your car infront of the local police station!!!
Old 06-22-2003, 03:01 PM
jesseenglish

You're lucky they didn't throw the chopper up in the air you guys woulda been screwed.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:07 PM
insaneamine
Inventor
Z-Xtreme.com

Default Are you kidding?

There ain’t no helicopter police in Louisiana! Give me a break. That is some funny $heet!
Old 06-22-2003, 03:09 PM
syf0n

Originally posted by daking350
Yeah nice story..I think that was a scene from2fast 2 furious?

Richard Thomson of Savahna!!!!hahahahahahaha dumbass!!!

How abot posting a picture of your car while your at it...better yet a picture of your car infront of the local police station!!!
I live in New Orleans, I go to school in Georgia. If you want backup on that, ask insaneamine. I believe you consider him reputable, and I have met him in person. Next time I am around the police precinct I will snap a shot for you.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:39 PM
KurtP

i wanna know how all these kids are affording these kinds of cars these days. thats some cool *** parents imo...
Old 06-22-2003, 04:40 PM
toykilla

I had a little incident with THE MAN also.. when taking a little trip across texas, i was cruising at about 120-125 when all of the sudden BAM!!! radar detector lit up like las vegas... i scoped the scene and saw a smokey up on the hill on the oncoming side of the highway(open grassy medians)... i did some quick math in my head, and figured he had to cross 2 lanes of traffic, a pretty wide median and then try to catch me.. so i just said screw it i may go to jail anyways so i should try to get a way..so i floored it.. was flying past cars at about 150+...even had to take the shoulder several times..... lasted at least 1.5-2 miles and i found an exit just over a hill so he couldnt see me exit... i parked under the highway for about 15 mins then backroaded it a few miles... what a rush!

i think my passenger **** a brick too
Old 06-22-2003, 04:51 PM
JonsilvZ

You lucky it wasnt a LS1 cop car. Damn you have the *****..Those Crown Vics top at 130mph.
Old 06-22-2003, 06:11 PM
Inova

**** man thats insane. i've been 130+ a few times already. most i took it up to was 154 mph. never had any cops follow or instant on but they just expanded the freeway so i might have to watch out.... anyway u are a lucky son of a ***** to not get caught. dont worry about these 'moms' telling u about how stupid blah blah and its true but who wouldnt run if u were already at speed... just sayin that i would probably have done the same depending on the situation.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:30 PM
syf0n

Originally posted by JonsilvZ
You lucky it wasnt a LS1 cop car. Damn you have the *****..Those Crown Vics top at 130mph.
We don't have Z28 cops in New Orleans like I see when I'm at school in Georgia. I have seen one in the whole 7 years I have lived in New Orleans! Only Vics and SUVs for the cops here, although I have seen a Police F150 once or twice.
Old 06-22-2003, 11:22 PM
IndySmooth

In no way am I urging running from the cops...because 9 out of 10 times you will either get caught, die or worse get someone else killed.

However, most police department helicopters have a top speed of between 125 and 150mph. Some departments with brand new copters can exceed that.

Here's the kicker....most departments have whats called FLIR now..which is Infra Red imaging cameras that can zoom in on your license plate from 5 miles out...day or night depending on your state's plates.

I have an immediately family member who runs the FLIR system which I've flown with several times and watched it in action. Pretty amazing what it can do.

Quick Reply: Race w/ Evo8 Becomes Mad Dash From The Law!