Notices
Motorsports The Z in its Natural Habitat

1/4 mile times w/ ATI procharger...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 07:48 AM
Apexi350z
Charter Member #50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all I want is to run 13.2-13.5 with street tires, I think with exhaust, header, cat-pipe, intake, ecu, that should do it. what do you guys think?
Old 08-21-2003, 07:59 AM
mjedens

Default 13.2 to 13.5 ?

Drag Radials or Slicks (16 or 17") will be necessary, IMO!
Old 08-21-2003, 08:27 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by pearl demon
AAM as in Altered Atmosphere, and Mike as in Mike Mahaffey? What do these PC'd Z's put down?
Yep, thats them, and thats him...........and they're doing 350-360rwhp on stock internals
Old 08-21-2003, 09:26 AM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Apexi350z> With that, 13.5 is very possible @ sea level with a perfect launch. You'll need more stuff to do a 13.2 ... intake manifold, lighter flywheel, pulley, cams, and as mjedens said, tires will be a must.

..and some weight loss (sparco's & spare tire removal)

Low 13's are very possible NA, just takes a little work and skill.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:32 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by Apexi350z
all I want is to run 13.2-13.5 with street tires, I think with exhaust, header, cat-pipe, intake, ecu, that should do it. what do you guys think?
I ran the same setup minus the ecu and I weigh 250lbs and hit a 13.8 @ 104 on motor...oh I forgot 18" drag radials on the stock rims , a mean launch and still some spin...on the bottle with about a 75-80 dry shot hit 12.8 @ 108 on 18" wheels..
Old 08-23-2003, 03:01 AM
DavidD

Lightbulb Anything is possible!

I have seen moded Pintos run in the 11’s. The question is how much money, how reliable, and how many mods and to what extent?
Old 08-23-2003, 05:08 AM
12SecZ

I'm really suprised not to see a time slip with supposedly 20 or so known blown SCed Z's out there from here. I really thought somone would post at least a 12.4 by now. No one is really talking about their SCer's much except they like them and I have been banned from talking about mine unfortunetely. Am I the only one here with the smaller "9 lb" pulley's?
Old 08-23-2003, 06:18 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Come on Max, don't start again. You know you aren't "banned" from talking about your SCer. You just aren't supposed to air your legal issues here.

Also, to say that no one is talking about their SCer is incorrect as well. Look at all the threads that have ATI, or Procharger in the title!
Old 08-23-2003, 06:40 AM
jesseenglish

Well, my excuse for not having a 1/4 time is that I just installed mine. Plus, I've never dragged a car before, the only track around is at 5500 ft so I probably would get a really crappy time.

I'm figuring I'd get a crap RT and have about 50 ft of wheel spin if my last race against a buddy is any indication and this is before the Procharger.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:07 AM
spazpilot

jesseenglish

Don't even sweat it . I have seen cars pull 15 16 and 17 second 1/4 when your at like 107-111 trap speed in vettes because of wheel spin. Its fun just to go out there. No one would laugh trust me because the one who does is usaully the one who stalls an launch so you can't use your excuse ..
Old 08-23-2003, 07:19 AM
jesseenglish

Damn you, Ok, next excuse...... I don't have the time. Nope, I'm on vacation right now. OK, how about this one. I'M LAZY.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:42 AM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by MaxHax
I'm really suprised not to see a time slip with supposedly 20 or so known blown SCed Z's out there from here. I really thought somone would post at least a 12.4 by now. No one is really talking about their SCer's much except they like them and I have been banned from talking about mine unfortunetely. Am I the only one here with the smaller "9 lb" pulley's?
I would have to agree with MAX, I think all the moderators banned him from talking about his problems...How come others were not banned from airing out their problems????IE "stillen,wheelmax,NNA???
Old 08-23-2003, 10:47 AM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Again, I don't think he is "banned" from anything. The mods will have to confirm this but I think they just locked the thread because it was starting to get very personal between him and his installer and there were legal issues being thrown around.

He can talk about his Procharger all he wants. I know I do!
Old 08-23-2003, 10:55 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

he sure can, talk away, what we didnt want was the personal attacks and slander that seemed to be coming from max and his installer. this isnt court, and the people here are not the ones that need convincing.

but you are free to speak about your car all you want man. just keep it objective and try not to include things about your difficulties between you and the installer, but your free to talk about anything else...

hopefully this doesnt get picked apart as the staff censoring you. we just want to keep things clean and to the subject around here.
Old 08-23-2003, 02:51 PM
daking350
Banned

Originally posted by ares
he sure can, talk away, what we didnt want was the personal attacks and slander that seemed to be coming from max and his installer. this isnt court, and the people here are not the ones that need convincing.

but you are free to speak about your car all you want man. just keep it objective and try not to include things about your difficulties between you and the installer, but your free to talk about anything else...

hopefully this doesnt get picked apart as the staff censoring you. we just want to keep things clean and to the subject around here.
That sure sounds like censoring to me..You say he can talk about his procharger all he wants and he was...and it was clean and to the subject..Dude , the installer messed up his car and why shouldnt max be allowed to post his negative experiences with FFP to protect others from making the same mistake???I guess it all comes down to politics around here..
Old 08-23-2003, 03:16 PM
12SecZ

Ok then Ares I have a valid question since mine is in the shop and if I can get it fixed I will track it with time slips. I thank you in advance. I said banned because I asked a Mod if I could ask this question and got a full page lecture. No names needed no court of law just a simple question about the SC nothing more nothing less and I think it will be educational to all who own one.

On page 44 of your manual part X, is that hard rubber or plastic? Because my hood doesn't close properly and I am afraid I may break it. I know there are two different version out there so I am trying to pin point problems. If you can share pics I can show you the two different parts (I have both.)

#2, K&N Air Filters supplied by ATI. Look at yours please. Does it have a hole in the plastic end in it or not? If so is there a rubber hose going to the hole? Once again I have two different air filters. One setup was a filter with a hole that had a rubber hose leading to it. The 2nd setup I have is no hole and the rubber hose leading to a crushed plastic diet coke bottle zip tied to my AC/Radiotor area. These answers to these simple questions should help me get my car back on the track. Because my car is being inspected by Nissan and they have two different parts from the same kit, two different set of pulley's and two different elbows where the air box sits. If I can collect info then I can assist Nissan with their flagship car I am sure they do not want a 33k car with a 10k custom kit driving around billowing smoke and oil so they would like to fix it. If anyone can fix it Nissan can right? But they need info and this is a good place for info. I have always shared my info, will others share theirs to help me get m car on the track? Thanks, as you can see I even put a disclaimer in my sig as respect for your position. To people afraid at being laughed at at the track you are preaching to the choir hehe we all were beginners at one time and we all have our goof stories we get kidded about. It's part of the fun.

And if
Old 08-23-2003, 03:34 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MaxHax

On page 44 of your manual part X, is that hard rubber or plastic? Because my hood doesn't close properly and I am afraid I may break it. I know there are two different version out there so I am trying to pin point problems. If you can share pics I can show you the two different parts (I have both.)

#2, K&N Air Filters supplied by ATI. Look at yours please. Does it have a hole in the plastic end in it or not? If so is there a rubber hose going to the hole? Once again I have two different air filters. One setup was a filter with a hole that had a rubber hose leading to it. The 2nd setup I have is no hole and the rubber hose leading to a crushed plastic diet coke bottle zip tied to my AC/Radiotor area.
And if
1- My intake elbow is plastic. Make sure your hood prop rod has been shortened slightly so that it is not hitting this elbow.

2- The filter does not come with a hole in the end other than the hole used to mount it to the pipe. You have to make a hole in the closed end to attach the pcv vent hose. There should be a plastic elbow stuck in this hole with a rubber hose attached. The hose runs up to a tee which then connects to the pcv on each side of the engine. Your 2nd setup is not correct....
Old 08-23-2003, 03:44 PM
12SecZ

Well then that is how I got it regardless from where and that is it's current state at Nissan so thank you. It is wrong regardless of who did it Nissan needs to know. I think something is too high on my elbow area or the Maf is wrong. Let me reduce a pic and upload it and show you. Then maybe you will understand better.
Old 08-23-2003, 03:47 PM
GaryK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Max, you can pm me if you want to keep it off the public boards...
Old 08-23-2003, 04:01 PM
12SecZ

I will start a new thread with pics only and put your name in the title, it will be titled ATI Pro Charger pics;Civil Discussion. Watch for it please. No comments only pics from me with sub titles.

Quick Reply: 1/4 mile times w/ ATI procharger...