Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Nissan's New Owner Survey

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
BigMike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan's New Owner Survey

When you purchased your new Z, how concerned was the dealer about you filling out the survey?

I bought my '05 Enthusiast from the Internet Manager and had a fantastic customer experience. I was introduced to the Sales Manager, and had about 4 people wait on me throughout the deal during the 2 hours I was there to pick up the car. Every person I talked to reminded me I was going to get a survey in the mail from Nissan and to please fill it out. If there was any portion of the survey that I felt I couldn't give an Excellent rating on, to please call them immediately. Then within the first week I received a call from my salesman, the internet mgr, and the sales mgr letting me know about the survey and if I returned it to them to send to Nissan and it had all Excellent rating, they would give me a full tank of gas and a detail.

I had an Excellent experience but started to feel pestered about the damn survey and felt like they were trying to buy a rating. I'm sure it has to do with Nissan's Owner First Award of Excellence. I wonder if they will suck up like this if I have to bring the car in with one of the Z's "unique" warranty issues.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:10 PM
Joeys_z

Do the survey....look at it this way. Survey takes at most 30 minutes.

Full Tank of gas = 35.00
Full Detail = 75.00
At that rate thay are paying you $220 per hour.

Don't worry they will get that back in service cost
Old 04-11-2005, 04:23 PM
BigMike

Oh yeah, I'll fill it out and take it in. Just wondering if anyone else had the same type of dealer that was so wacked out about the survey.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:26 PM
JDUB34

i got some free stuff cuz of the survey.. i made them give me a nismo carbon fiber shift ****, a black pearl license plate, free tank of gas, free first service, and some keychains in exchange for the survey...

i think the survey is VERY important to them.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:28 PM
Joeys_z

Originally Posted by JDUB34
i got some free stuff cuz of the survey.. i made them give me a nismo carbon fiber shift ****, a black pearl license plate, free tank of gas, free first service,
First service is free anyways
Old 04-11-2005, 04:33 PM
JDUB34

Originally Posted by Joeys_z
First service is free anyways
lol..oops...

im startin wish that i tried to milk them for a free nismo wing instead... the dealer was very anxious to get that survey from me...
Old 04-11-2005, 04:43 PM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1

I've had my 35th Z about three weeks now and was called by the salesman, sales supervisor, and the customer service representitive. I got the same story and questions. I was told that anything less than an excellent is a failure. I wasn't offered the free tank of gas ... but already got a detailing and of course the first service is free.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:26 PM
rxtrom

It seems like I am getting pesterd too. I got a letter in the mail about filling it out. And if I cannot give them an excellent recomendation then to call them. Maybe I should call them and ask for a Nismo wing. =)
Old 04-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

WTH? I never got anything for free!? I want a new survey! This time for customer service they are going to get a very goon and now an excellent! LOL
Old 04-12-2005, 12:27 AM
Runn

The way my salesman was talking nissan takes that survey very seriously.So if you get enough negatives,you may be fired.And if you get enough all excellents you get some type of bonus.
Old 04-12-2005, 04:49 AM
rxtrom

I am going to call them today and I'll let you know how my survey negotiation goes. =)
Honestly they weren't the most curteous dealer
Old 04-12-2005, 06:02 AM
smoothludey

when you guys bought your Z (new), did they offer the first oil change for free? Is that something the dealership offers or is that standard stuff?
Old 04-12-2005, 07:40 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

My salesman was Ok - the finance guy was a total jerk. Made me wait over an hour to sign all the papers at 8:00 PM. When he finally got around to me he says, Sorry, had to go out and catch a smoke. Then when he handed me the bottom line price, he had automatically included the extended warranty, with absolutely no prior discussion. My dealer too, hammered me on the survey - I tossed it both times they sent it to me. The service department was Ok the one warranty issue I had (window motor) and one replacement of the front tires at 10,000 miles but I was denied by NNA last month for a 2'nd set at 21,000 total miles (11,000 on the tires), and guess what? No service survey on that denial. Too bad, I WOULD have filled that one out.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:34 AM
Alonjar

That sucks PerfZ, I think it'd have rated them down though rather than just tossed the survey. They want good ratings for a reason, they get in trouble if its not rated well.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just complete the survey with honest answers without thought to reward. The idea is to give Nissan a forthright appraisal of how the dealer treated you.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:53 AM
maxpowers

My dealer blatantly told me that anything other than a perfect score in each category is considered a fail by their regional manager and receives attention.

To bad my transmission whine came after I returned the survery.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:01 AM
jackie chan

anything other than excellent is a failure...trust me. I have had many very satisfied buyers, even multiple purchases out of the same household with great comments about the experience. Nissan has a new survey that is suppose to be a little more realistic with an "overall" experience box that is more weighted and not biased to be a fgailing survey
Old 04-12-2005, 10:02 AM
jackie chan

Originally Posted by maxpowers
My dealer blatantly told me that anything other than a perfect score in each category is considered a fail by their regional manager and receives attention.

To bad my transmission whine came after I returned the survery.
why was your sales guy going to put the car up on the lift and fix your tranny whine for you?
Old 04-12-2005, 10:58 AM
KeithZ

I had a good experience with my dealer (350Z) and said so on the survey. Then I ragged the dealership where I bought my '00 Maxima 5 years ago. They mounted a tag on the front, drilling holes in the front bumper cover which I also *****ed about on that survey. The owner of the dealership where I bought the Z called me and apologized and even tho I didn't buy the Maxima there, offered to replace the bumper cover for his cost. They really do read these things.
Old 04-12-2005, 11:42 AM
BigMike

Wow, I'm thinking of negotiating for a shift **** now. I planned to give them excellent across the board because I had a great experience. The only downside was getting calls about the stupid survey.

They sent me a coupon for a free oil change at 3000. I was planning on switching to Mobile 1 at 1000 miles - which will be today on the way home. So unless they plan to service the car with Mobile 1, I won't use the coupon.

Did anyone get the dialog from the dealer about coming there for all of your services and getting your book stamped. I almost had to laugh at the guy. He never came out and said it but eluded to the fact that you could have problems with warranty claims if the book doesn't have all of the service stamps. LOL

Quick Reply: Nissan's New Owner Survey