Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Soon To Be New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 03:19 PM
WayneTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've only had my Z for a couple of weeks, so I don't know how much help I'd be. So far I've not encountered all of the little problems that some others have experienced. I'm using the suggested break-in procedures so it really hasn't been tested yet.

I would just recommend that you do some surfing around this forum for different threads that talk about what people like/dislike about the Z. People here do not want the front bumper drilled so that a license plate frame can be mounted...so that seems to be an issue for everyone. You may require or want a front plate, however.

Also, the tires that come on it are summer tires rather than all season tires. Therefore, winter use has definitely been an issue as has tire wear. The tires on the front are not the same size as the rear tires, so you can't rotate them.

Which model are you getting? Are you getting it at a good price? Here the going rate has typically been MSRP, although some have negotiated slightly below, and things seem to be dropping slowly.

Keep checking and posting on this forum.

Good to hear from across the big lake. I used to have a BSA 441 Shooting Star motorcycle.

WayneTN
Old 01-09-2003, 08:04 AM
WayneTN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck to you, Matty. If you make it to Chicago, you will find the weather much more challenging than the Disney weather.

Some guys are fastening a front plate and bracket to the front grill area with zip-ties rather than drill the bumper. That may be an option to you. Check this out: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....618#post164618 There are other pics on this forum as well.

Anyway, cheers.
WayneTN

Last edited by WayneTN; 01-09-2003 at 08:12 AM.