Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

The Eagle Has Landed...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 09:58 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking The Eagle Has Landed...

Well friends, here's the post I've wanted to make ever since I discovered this site:

I have ordered my '06 GTc! With every single option except for satellite radio as I will be replacing the entire sound system.

ETA is approx 04/01, so perhaps the mods will let me get away with posting this here, as I am not officially an owner yet

I realize this may not be a huge deal for most members here as nearly all are Z owners already, but to me, it is almost impossible to fathom. Not only has the Z been my dream car, but this will also be my very first brand new car. My current car, a '92 Maxima SE, is one I bought 2.5 years ago when starting grad school. The one prior to that was my first car ever; a '91 Civic sedan bought in '99 to get me through college, which it did with tremendous aplomb.

But Z was the car I have worshipped since first seeing it on I-35 near Minneapolis in fall of '02. I still have the C&D issue that had the very first full-length 350Z review in the US. I remember looking at the pictures and gleaming that a car this well-designed would soon be on the road. And now I will be driving one!

John Elway Nissan here in Denver has agreed to sell me my Z at invoice + cost of Nismo add-ons after I told them I know about the 2% dealer holdback they will get from NNA as my car is a special order. Prior to that, they wanted 4% above invoice!

Some of you may remember that prior to my 4 month hiatus from these forums, my signature said that I was deciding between SS and DB. Well, DB fell out of contention when the new MB came out, and I wanted to go with either that or the SS when I walked into the dealership on Saturday. Well, guess what I ordered? A Redline. Upon test driving one and looking at the SS and MB he had in stock, I just felt that nothing fits a legendary sports car better than the "official color of speed". No offense to any of you of course; just a matter of choice.

Well, that's the extent of this thread. I am about to join the Z legion and wanted to yell it out loud!

Last edited by usmanasif; 01-30-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:14 PM
InZomniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations bud, welcome to the show!!! Feels great huh!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 10:46 PM
J3rzeyFlip
Banned

congratulations on the car!! Now start modding up! Remember, u can have fun while being responsible!
Old 01-31-2006, 01:37 AM
zenjer

Dude i know how you feel! I practially lurked around these forums everyday when waiting for my car to arrive! Somehow it makes you feel better! Congratulations on your fine purchase!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:50 AM
zedated

Congrats and Welcome! Fine choice on the color, btw.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:54 AM
usmanasif

Thanks all! You're awesome. Its funny, but even after 3 days, I still can't believe I've ordered my dream car with exactly what I wanted and didn't have to compromise by moving down in trim level or options.

I test drove the Z for the first time this Saturday when I went to order it, even though I knew two years ago that this would be my next car. The drive was more of a "confirmation" than a discovery.

By the way, holy **** you guys! You all get those looks of admiration from people every day when you drive the Z? I drove it for only 35 minutes and noticed several people staring at it. One girl paced me on the highway and then passed to check the car's front in her mirror, then fell back again, all the time keeping her head turned and checking everything from wheels to interior (it seemed). Couple at a traffic light pointed to the Z for someone sitting in the back. None of that eve4 happened in my Civic or Maxima
Old 01-31-2006, 11:23 AM
bamyi

How come I don't get that kind of attention when I drive my Z? Maybe cause you're better looking than me!

Hey, Congrats on the car and your marriage. I'm trying to host a "cards" night this Friday (Post Chinese New Year Party), I'll call if you're interested. Bring those wedding pics, would love to see them!

If you think driving your Z alone is nice, wait untill the meets come! Here's some pics of meets I attended in CA to keep you up at nights!

(First two pics I didn't attend)

Old 01-31-2006, 12:26 PM
usmanasif

Daym Phu! Those are some awesome pics. Never been to ANY auto meet in my life and can't wait to get started. By the way, is that SB towards the bottom of 4th pic yours?

Dude, I have a date with my wife this Friday evening. She has been asking me to take her to a comedy play downtown for weeks now, so this Friday's it. Why don't you come over Saturday if you'll be in town and we'll hang out at our place?
Old 01-31-2006, 01:43 PM
bamyi

You would love attending meets espeically when they have drives. There's a ton more Zs in CA so there's always meets but here in CO it's different. I saw that they tried to orgainzed a few but some fell through. Anyways, in that same pic, the SB Z belongs to Warren, very cool guy. My Z is acutally the SS right above the yellow one.

I don't know about Sat. but I'll let you know. We have plenty of time to meet up so no biggie. Have fun at the play.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:18 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I’m excited for you. Redline announces itself with I’m here get the hell out of my way!

BTW no congratulations until the keys are in your hand.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:23 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Beautiful photo.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:28 PM
bamyi

Someone photoshoped out the wires and lawn signs. It looked great but for some reason that photo got re-tracked and I can't find it anywhere.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:33 PM
Leslie

loved the Lombard st photo
Old 02-02-2006, 03:55 PM
06daytona

man congrats, i was simalar(not as obsesive) but none the less back in 2002 when i first saw the db Z, i was like i will own that car one day, then i bought my 06 in october, everything i wanted, so i feel you bro...
Old 02-03-2006, 12:05 AM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by davidv
I’m excited for you. Redline announces itself with I’m here get the hell out of my way!

BTW no congratulations until the keys are in your hand.
True. Very true indeed. Too many things can go wrong. Wish the process was quicker. The dealer is still supposed to let me know if he can alter one of their existing Z orders to my specs and thus get the car here sooner. I am currently waiting to hear on the build date from NNA. That would make me feel that much closer to holding the keys in my hands.

Last edited by usmanasif; 02-03-2006 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:54 AM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you have a high resolution one of this, it's freaking awesome...

Old 02-03-2006, 12:14 PM
bamyi

This picture was taken from a pre- TI/Red Robins meet in N. Cal. Let me PM the Original Owner and ask him. This one has been PS cause there used to be a ugly stop sign at the bottom of the street and a BMW in the driveway. Theres also another pic with all the powerlines, street trash, and yard sign deleted but I can't find it anymore. I really want to have this pic to hang in my bar room. Either that or I'm gonna orgainze a photo meet there that way I can say my car was in there!

Edit: Heres a link to that thread: https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&highlight=TI

Last edited by bamyi; 02-03-2006 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:57 PM
usmanasif

Update: The dealer faxed me a copy of the order print out from their system two days ago. It says; "Production: 03/2006, ETA: Month of 05/2006"

So I guess it might take the full 90 days to get here I wish overseas manufacturers shipped out pre-sold cars immediately upon production.

Dealer is trying to work with NNA and possibly change another US dealer's existing order to my specs and "exchange" one of his orders with their's online. Oh well.
Old 02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Swiffer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Update: The dealer faxed me a copy of the order print out from their system two days ago. It says; "Production: 03/2006, ETA: Month of 05/2006"

So I guess it might take the full 90 days to get here I wish overseas manufacturers shipped out pre-sold cars immediately upon production.

Dealer is trying to work with NNA and possibly change another US dealer's existing order to my specs and "exchange" one of his orders with their's online. Oh well.
That would add alot of $$ to the cost of the car if they just shipped over a few at a time. They probably have to wait until they have a full shipment of cars to send over before doing so.