New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Hi new owner from houston, tx

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 01:23 PM
matelot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sentry65
that's a really nice car man congrats

....sorry about the accident, but a residential zone????
Old 04-13-2007, 01:26 PM
matelot

Originally Posted by AroundMyHorn
2 posts in 4 years!!! we have a winner of longest member with no posts!
yeah I beat him !
Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 PM
bcheng4jc

he should be driving his girls blue civic instead....that should slow him down some....
Old 04-13-2007, 07:18 PM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am not in to the whole Myspace Thing, but I did browse their pages, Looks like a typical young couple in Love and the guy is a typical young fellow (Not unlike I was at that age) with a chip on his shoulder, career on the horizon and everything working out "perfectly" for him.

Makes you feel 10 feet tall and bulletproof.

This is the 2nd worst reality check a person like this can have, worst would have been to kill his girlfiend and he live through it. I actually feel sorry for the guy, he has a tough road in front of him and his "dreams" have now given way to reality and its harsh and it stinks. But that is life, its a shame he had to learn it such a hard way.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:35 PM
MeetJoeAsian

I’ve been sitting around just reading the replies to this thread and all the other threads since yesterday and didn’t really want to say anything until now. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion on what they think. So this guy made a mistake, a mistake that could have taken his life, or worse, someone else’s. What’s done is done.

I agree that he was dumb for racing through that street. Hell, I don’t even condone to street racing, but it happens…it’s happened with you and it’s happened with me. If anyone on this forum tells me you’ve never raced on the street before, I will call you a ****ing liar. Whether it was high speed or just taking off from a red light, anything could have happened. I haven’t seen a 70mph speed limit in Houston in years, yet we still drive 80. “But” what? But that’s not racing? That IS driving fast, and you can still kill people driving at that speed. We can say “what if…” all day, but thank God no one was hurt…yes, there could have been someone on sidewalk, yes, he could have hit a car with a family of 5 and kill all of them, but, again, thank God he didn’t. Fortunately and unfortunately, it was only him who got hurt, and yes he will pay for this for the rest of his life.

All you who wish the worst on him, **** YOU. You don’t even know the kid. Yes, he coulda, shoulda, woulda…but he didn’t. And now, he’s lying in the hospital clinging on to life. That’s payment alright. That’s MUCH MORE than payment. This kid was someone’s son, somebody else’s best friend, lover, brother, enemy, grandson, coworker, patient, etc., so don’t be telling me it doesn’t bother you if he was an acquaintance to you.

I met this kid for no more than 15 minutes. Talked to him after he bought the car, and I’ve tried telling him about how powerful this car was, and how dangerous it could be. But, of course, he didn’t listen. Well, what’s done and done. Did he get what he deserves? NO! Of course, I wish he was stopped by a cop and get arrested and thrown in jail instead for however long and get his driver’s license revoked for years, or maybe suspended for life. But hey, I can wish or want, or think of the “what ifs” all I want, fate has already dealt him his card.

For those of you who do not know, that 350Z he was driving was my old car. I traded that car in last week for a new car. I wish I never had the urge to go buy a new car, then I wouldn’t have traded the car in, and he would have never bought this car, and I would never have met him and all this would have never happened. But the fact of the matter is, I made my decision too, and so go ahead and flame me all you want. So, yes, in your eyes, I probably caused the accident because I bought a new car. Yes, I could have killed someone walking on that sidewalk that night. Yes, I could have prevented the illegal street racing. But, you know what? **** YOU. Again, I made MY decision. And as hard as I try not to convince myself I had no part in this, I still feel responsible in one way or another. Every cause has an effect, and now my conscience is eating me alive.

I will not disclose any details of his condition as a respect for his family and loved ones. But I will tell you, he’s in bad shape. For those of you who have a heart, please pray for him and his family, because one day, you or someone close to you may (God forbid not) encounter such a situation and you will be wanting the comfort and prayers of others.

Thank you,
Chuck
Old 04-13-2007, 09:55 PM
ZSpectrum

Originally Posted by MeetJoeAsian
I’ve been sitting around just reading the replies to this thread and all the other threads since yesterday and didn’t really want to say anything until now. Everyone’s entitled to their own opinion on what they think. So this guy made a mistake, a mistake that could have taken his life, or worse, someone else’s. What’s done is done.

I agree that he was dumb for racing through that street. Hell, I don’t even condone to street racing, but it happens…it’s happened with you and it’s happened with me. If anyone on this forum tells me you’ve never raced on the street before, I will call you a ****ing liar. Whether it was high speed or just taking off from a red light, anything could have happened. I haven’t seen a 70mph speed limit in Houston in years, yet we still drive 80. “But” what? But that’s not racing? That IS driving fast, and you can still kill people driving at that speed. We can say “what if…” all day, but thank God no one was hurt…yes, there could have been someone on sidewalk, yes, he could have hit a car with a family of 5 and kill all of them, but, again, thank God he didn’t. Fortunately and unfortunately, it was only him who got hurt, and yes he will pay for this for the rest of his life.

All you who wish the worst on him, **** YOU. You don’t even know the kid. Yes, he coulda, shoulda, woulda…but he didn’t. And now, he’s lying in the hospital clinging on to life. That’s payment alright. That’s MUCH MORE than payment. This kid was someone’s son, somebody else’s best friend, lover, brother, enemy, grandson, coworker, patient, etc., so don’t be telling me it doesn’t bother you if he was an acquaintance to you.

I met this kid for no more than 15 minutes. Talked to him after he bought the car, and I’ve tried telling him about how powerful this car was, and how dangerous it could be. But, of course, he didn’t listen. Well, what’s done and done. Did he get what he deserves? NO! Of course, I wish he was stopped by a cop and get arrested and thrown in jail instead for however long and get his driver’s license revoked for years, or maybe suspended for life. But hey, I can wish or want, or think of the “what ifs” all I want, fate has already dealt him his card.

For those of you who do not know, that 350Z he was driving was my old car. I traded that car in last week for a new car. I wish I never had the urge to go buy a new car, then I wouldn’t have traded the car in, and he would have never bought this car, and I would never have met him and all this would have never happened. But the fact of the matter is, I made my decision too, and so go ahead and flame me all you want. So, yes, in your eyes, I probably caused the accident because I bought a new car. Yes, I could have killed someone walking on that sidewalk that night. Yes, I could have prevented the illegal street racing. But, you know what? **** YOU. Again, I made MY decision. And as hard as I try not to convince myself I had no part in this, I still feel responsible in one way or another. Every cause has an effect, and now my conscience is eating me alive.

I will not disclose any details of his condition as a respect for his family and loved ones. But I will tell you, he’s in bad shape. For those of you who have a heart, please pray for him and his family, because one day, you or someone close to you may (God forbid not) encounter such a situation and you will be wanting the comfort and prayers of others.

Thank you,
Chuck

Very well put. However you did all you could of done to prevent this from happening. Im very sorry it was your car he was in, but its not your fault. You never knew what could've happened and I wouldn't beat yourself up about it. I really hope he comes out of this ALIVE and can learn from this. My thoughts/ prayers go out to the family, friends and everyone else affected by this, Including you.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:57 PM
irish27

Outstanding post Chuck, I completely agree. I know I'm lucky that none of my bad decisions ended this way, so I'm sure not one to throw rocks in the glass house. I hope he pulls through and has good quality of life. This reminds me of Chachi9999 last year except that was fatal. Just a shame really.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:01 PM
irish27

It would be doing a service to gather up all the wrecked Z stories that have been posted over the past few years and put them as a sticky in the new owners forum. I know I've learned a lot from others bad fortunes reading this forum. Just knowing how tricky the stock Bridgestones can be is great info.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:05 PM
JDMFairladyZ33

Originally Posted by irish27
It would be doing a service to gather up all the wrecked Z stories that have been posted over the past few years and put them as a sticky in the new owners forum. I know I've learned a lot from others bad fortunes reading this forum. Just knowing how tricky the stock Bridgestones can be is great info.

A big +1 on that.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
black06z

Coming from a FWD 100hp Honda, I thought this guy would take it easy for at least a few weeks to get used to the low-end power. I know he'll have learned his lesson after he gets out of the hospital. I didn't even go past 60 for the first two weeks, since I had a torque-less wonder myself. Residential areas are a big no-no, no matter what you're doing.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Got out of bed...

to re-read this. So much to say but it's meaningless here...I hope he survives. To what to degree remains to be seen.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:45 PM
zpak

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Chuck (MeetJoeAsian),

You will be struggling with blame issues, and this is natural, but this terrible accident (although your former car) is NOT your fault.

Like you, I was pretty amazed to see how many people were slamming him so hard. Yes, racing is stupid, but we should never wish permanent harm/damage on anyone.

I know it sounds harsh, but the way he was driving, maybe this would have happened later in his life anyway, with a different car (not one you sold him), you never know.

I hope he pulls through.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:58 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry about the accident pickle. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Old 04-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Ataru074

Unhappy

I agree that he was dumb for racing through that street.

Thank you,
Chuck
I just joined the forum.. from Houston.
I hope he'll survive with less future problem as possible.

Chuck, It's not your fault. He took the decision to go too fast for his skills and he's paying an high price for that. I really feel bad for that.

He made a huge BS. just like a lot of "kids".

Matteo
Old 04-14-2007, 08:06 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chuck, there is no reason for you to feel one iota of guilt. If he did not buy your car he would have bought someone elses.

You had nothing to do with his unforunate situation.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Kegsbane

So, yes, in your eyes, I probably caused the accident because I bought a new car. Yes, I could have killed someone walking on that sidewalk that night. Yes, I could have prevented the illegal street racing.
I agree with everything else you said. Two points:

1) If he didn't get your Z, he would have gotten a similar car from someone else

2) If you didn't buy your new car, someone could have had a bad wreck in the car you bought instead!

Everything you do has consequences but that doesn't mean it's your fault. I'm sure you are a good guy just because you're so concerned about this kid.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:36 AM
MeetJoeAsian

I understand it's not something I should feel guilty about and I didn't write that for sympathy. But when something like that happens, you just can't help but feel a certain way. Please don't feel sorry for me. I'm just tired of seeing all the trash talk and stupid talk about his actions. It's done and over with.

Yes, I agree with everyone that he was stupid for doing that. But now that it's over and done with, thank God no one else got hurt. But, unless if you're a heartless murderer, you should not wish ill will on anyone. He's made his mistake, haven't we all? Everyone's, and I mean EVERYONE, on this forum is guilty of street racing. His consequence is just larger than ours. I'm sure he would have rather hit a pothole and bust his wheels, or blow out his engine and have to pay $10,000 to get it fix, or even total his car and walk away with a broken arm. I know all of you guys felt the same way when minor sh*t happened, you always wished it shoulda done this, or if I didn't do this, that wouldn't have happened. But, it's too late for that now...What's done is done...please just understand that this could have been you when you had that last adrenaline rush on the road. Just be glad it wasn't you.

Don't sympathize with me, don't even sympathy with him, but just please understand.

Last edited by MeetJoeAsian; 04-14-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:17 AM
irish27

Chuck,
Please keep us posted if you hear anything good about his condition. Not wanting to invade the families privacy, just wishing him the best and for good news. Thanks
Old 04-14-2007, 09:19 AM
JDMFairladyZ33

Chuck...Yes certain things had to be set in motion for this kid to be in this situation with your car. You are just 1 out of a million elements this week that caused this. If the dealership had decided to ship you car to auction instead of selling it on their lot then the kid won’t have wrecked right? Technically that is true too, but is it? Events happen in our lives for many reasons. It’s not just one. You sound like a great guy for caring but I think you are carrying a burden that is not yours. Don’t be so hard on yourself. You are nothing more than one of the many ripples that triggered this outcome. If you want somebody to feel bad about it then that’s already happened. Pray for the kid. Be supportive everybody.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:22 AM
Kegsbane

Don't sympathize with me, don't even sympathy with him, but just please understand.
All right dude, we'll leave it at that, I will anyway.

Quick Reply: Hi new owner from houston, tx