Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

The day has come!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:19 PM
Accordaleer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The day has come!!!!!

Damnit! too many people get Z's everyday i wanted to be special haha, anyway, ive been dreaming about this car everyday for a while, today i made it happen. I convinced my mom something had to be done to get out of my lease because i was over my mileage. So..... we went to nissan, i showed her the car, she just barely agreed to loan me 4k to put down, they wanted like 34k for an 07 touring. Now usually my dad would come or brother who used to sell cars because me and my mother arent familiar with negotiating lol. Anyway i was like uhhh your askin for like 3500 over invoice.... guy was like yep. I was like you have 7 on the lot... I'll go somewhere else. Winded up getting the good ol manager over, i told him i wanted to see the invoice, first i was going to pay 1k over invoice but by the time i left i got 500 over invoice which was 32k with all the little extras. 4k down and i think 548 a month, think they might added dollar or 2 for somethin that slips my mind. Put 200 miles on it tonight, WOWW the car handles like a dream. Friend took me through north jersey through all twisty roads. I was surprised how heavy the steering was in the car but its good i got used to it. I got it in silver, i almost got black until they found a silver on another lot. Got it with 20 miles on it lol. Gotta wash it again tomorrow, its a mess with dead bugs. Gotta go and take out my sub and stuff from accord tmrw . Anyway i loveeeeeee it. Tint goin on soon as funds come in, take better pics in the day. I admit i redlined it once, and did one drift in a wet parking lot lol, had to get a taste but been treatin it nicely. Got an AUTO ftw, thats right hate all you want lol. And the Bose doesnt compare to my stereo in my accord with my 850rms amp but i tell ya, the bose will definetly do until i get money for a box and subs, definetly not bad, not the bassiest but loud and clear. ahhhhh its all amazing
Attached Thumbnails The day has come!!!!!-my-carr.jpg  

Last edited by Accordaleer; 06-08-2007 at 11:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
michaeljr6

Originally Posted by Accordaleer
Damnit! too many people get Z's everyday i wanted to be special haha, anyway, ive been dreaming about this car everyday for a while, today i made it happen. I convinced my mom something had to be done to get out of my lease because i was over my mileage. So..... we went to nissan, i showed her the car, she just barely agreed to loan me 4k to put down, they wanted like 34k for an 07 touring. Now usually my dad would come or brother who used to sell cars because me and my mother arent familiar with negotiating lol. Anyway i was like uhhh your askin for like 3500 over invoice.... guy was like yep. I was like you have 7 on the lot... I'll go somewhere else. Winded up getting the good ol manager over, i told him i wanted to see the invoice, first i was going to pay 1k over invoice but by the time i left i got 500 over invoice which was 32k with all the little extras. 4k down and i think 548 a month, think they might added dollar or 2 for somethin that slips my mind. Put 200 miles on it tonight, WOWW the car handles like a dream. Friend took me through north jersey through all twisty roads. I was surprised how heavy the steering was in the car but its good i got used to it. I got it in silver, i almost got black until they found a silver on another lot. Got it with 20 miles on it lol. Gotta wash it again tomorrow, its a mess with dead bugs. Gotta go and take out my sub and stuff from accord tmrw . Anyway i loveeeeeee it. Tint goin on soon as funds come in, take better pics in the day. I admit i redlined it once, and did one powerslide in a wet parking lot lol, had to get a taste but been treatin it nicely. Got an AUTO ftw, thats right hate all you want lol.
Old 06-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Accordaleer

Oh and for a good laugh, the saleman told me the Z had CVT in it. yep... meanwhile he drives an 06 i think, Si..... i just smiled and nodded. Gotta go back tomorrow, my Z strut bar in the back is scatched for some reason, and i think i deserve a free first oil change, is that too much to ask for?
Old 06-09-2007, 08:01 PM
md350

It does have CVT...there are two systems with the same name. Continuously Variable Timing (you do have), and Continuously Variable Transmission (for Maximas and whatnot).

...you're going to go in and say you want a free oil change because of a scratch in the strut bar?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:00 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

CongratZ on the 07. Now you have to promise your fellow/ette Z owners you're going to look after your new Z, so it stays in the condition it was in as you drove it off the lot.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I1DER

Hurray for moms that loan the down payments! I bet she was about as excited as you. Don't let her down and drive carefully.
A big congratulations and read that manual so you won't have to rely on the salespeople anymore.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:45 PM
drivenCSZ

im sensing a wrecked Z, thats just IMO though.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Accordaleer

Wow why do you say that? I had my fun with donuts in pouring rain, i wont drive with TCS off, on dry road i dont wanna risk losing back end on curvy roads. I have fun with it but im not wreckless at all. I drive it quick civily to save gas lol. Got 31 mph goin 54 other day and only got 800 miles on it, not bad. I just love the sound of it. It sounds SOOOOOO loud with the filters popped out and revved up, no i dont drive with them out. Filter pops out in literally 3 seconds had to try it. N Took my mom out for a nice expensive dinner in it, she likes it a lot. Im just amazed how it doesnt break tires from standstill in auto. And for stock tires, i rarely break loose on dry around curves, i leave TCS on, friend said it one of the best systems hes seen. Thing doesnt need to be lowered imo, and was shocked when friend whose sti fanatic and stick driver told me he wouldnt mind it in auto, he said it was such a good driving auto, sporty and fast shifting, specially downrevving. He just needs his backseats to drive friends around. Me?, i have my friends fight over who takes the seat lol, its gettin serious now though. EDIT: i meant 31mpg, and quite not quick... freudien slip? haha

Last edited by Accordaleer; 06-16-2007 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:26 PM
Accordaleer

Originally Posted by md350
It does have CVT...there are two systems with the same name. Continuously Variable Timing (you do have), and Continuously Variable Transmission (for Maximas and whatnot).

...you're going to go in and say you want a free oil change because of a scratch in the strut bar?

and no, because my father bought a hyundai and spent half as much as my car and was offered a free oil change.... and the salesmen ment CVT transmission, I know all the features of that car, ive done plenty of research. Just lik another salesman told me they made the hood higher in 07 for safety features incase u hit someone.......... omg where do they get this ****. Yea cuz an H2 is safe to hit someone right? and btw i got 3 free which ill explain in other post heh
Old 06-15-2007, 09:33 PM
anniversary car

Yea the whole break the tires in an auto at a standstill thing is probaly because of the tourque is not there at the RPM's your at or the tires are just grippy. Got the same situation sometimes. Be nice if it was a MT. By the way the whole CVT thing, It was said correctly as a continuously variable trani. The Z has what you can call either VVT or CVVT. If I am not mistaken, and pretty sure, nissan uses the acronym VVT for the Z which stands for Variable Valve Timing and CVVT: Continuously Variable Valve Timing. So the salseman was a little off his game but had the right idea. Any way congrats on the car. pay attention to that break in period although I don't think it would hurt to rev it up like that a couple of times.

Last edited by anniversary car; 06-15-2007 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:43 PM
Accordaleer

[QUOTE=md350]It does have CVT...there are two systems with the same name. Continuously Variable Timing (you do have), and Continuously Variable Transmission (for Maximas and whatnot).

Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS)
Hydraulic on intake cam
Electromagnetic on exhaust cam

Not exactly CVT.... tad bit longer name lol gotta love nissan
Old 06-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Accordaleer

More eye candy, cant wait for tint, front license plate never going on. Still got my accord at my house, gotta get it towed to dealership, stepfather took insurance off too early, s2k antenna maybe tomorrow, ill see how much it is, was funny friend drove my accord to other friends girlfriends to take a pic. The 16's on the accord look SOOOOOO small compared to 18's it was hilarious.
Attached Thumbnails The day has come!!!!!-z-st.jpg   The day has come!!!!!-new-car-z.jpg   The day has come!!!!!-rearends333.jpg   The day has come!!!!!-my-cars-434.jpg  

Last edited by Accordaleer; 06-15-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Mikesamillion

sorry man someone had to do it

Old 06-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Accordaleer

OMGGGGGG thats great man haha thanks for the laugh
Old 06-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Mikesamillion

ah it was late and i was bored
Old 06-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Caprice270

dammit that is tragic!!! Give the accord a break. It served him well and doesn't deserve that kind of send off. LOL.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:27 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by Mikesamillion
sorry man someone had to do it

Old 06-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Zshazz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car man. You shoulda got it in MT though. I drove the 350z with an AT and one with an MT and found that my old 1997 Bimmer with MT was more fun than the 350z with AT

Take care of it and always be careful in the rain (apparently they're magnetically attracted to poles/trees/concrete barriers). I'd also recommend investing in a proper performance driving program ... it'll teach you more than you'll learn in 10 years regular experience for sure!

G/L man!
Old 06-16-2007, 06:43 PM
TSG-Z

Welcome to the family, be safe! Peace.
Old 06-16-2007, 06:47 PM
NGZ

Drive safe!, don't lose your head! And congrats

Quick Reply: The day has come!!!!!