Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Just ordered...2008 350z

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Kevorkian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered...2008 350z

I couldn't find an 07' in the right color of leather interior so I had to special-order. Now I have to wait until April 08' until delivery...No sense in getting it sooner cause there's probably gonna be snow on the ground before you know it! My baby's gonna be the carbon silver & black leather interior M6. It's got all the bell's & whistles but I'm not quite decided on whether or not I should include the Nav system??? Any suggestions? This car WON'T be a daily driver...Pleasure only!

Anyone see what the new 08' is going to look like? All I hear is "A NEW COLOR"...Any pics out there?

KP
Old 09-06-2007, 07:35 PM
stalarman@yahoo

You are so excited arent you? I can tell by your tone of voice. There was a poll earlier regarding the navigation deliberation. You can try a search. Is 2 k worth it for you? are you going to use the space for other things down the line? Do you not know how to read mapquest? I mean figure it out. To me it is not worth it... WEIGHT REDUCTION!!! - joking. 08's are going to look pretty much the same maybe tweaks here and there. Black interior M6? what bogus is that man? its just called black. Dont listen to that salesman if he told you that. besides that you have all rights to be excited, you will have it soon. hope this helped...
Old 09-06-2007, 07:42 PM
zman1910

April is pretty far away...why not just settle for an 07 and start enjoying today. I highly doubt theyd make any changes. If I was waiting for an April 08 delivery I'd probably just hold out a bit longer and get the revised 09 model...
Old 09-06-2007, 10:14 PM
kaspia

So you just ordered one and they told you April?! I also place a special order (Sept 1st) for an 08 b/c the dealer couldn't find the one I want either. They told me that it normally take about 60-90 days wait...so I should get it by November at the latest. I will need to go check with my dealer to see are they just making up a date or is it a guarantee deal.
Old 09-06-2007, 10:24 PM
Forever Z

Originally Posted by stalarman@yahoo
Black interior M6? what bogus is that man? its just called black. Dont listen to that salesman if he told you that.
UH... I'm pretty sure he's saying that he orderd black interior w/ 6-speed tranny.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:12 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome. I hope your a patient man, April is a ways off yet.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kaspia
So you just ordered one and they told you April?! I also place a special order (Sept 1st) for an 08 b/c the dealer couldn't find the one I want either. They told me that it normally take about 60-90 days wait...so I should get it by November at the latest. I will need to go check with my dealer to see are they just making up a date or is it a guarantee deal.
I don't see you getting one that soon.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:10 PM
e-tkt

Congrats to your 08....................If it is the same as my market, if your order is in the bank now, that car will land this November.

The new optional color is 'Nogaro Red' replacing Red Alert. Has anyone seen this new color? I hope it is brighter than the prior red.
Old 09-07-2007, 03:06 PM
md350

I don't think we'll see 08's this calendar year..but hey...the sooner the better. Get the 08's out and 09's in!
Old 09-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Kevorkian

I don't want the car any sooner as it will only be a few months before the snow flies!!! I don't want to have to pay storage fees this soon! This car is strictly for pleasure only...April does seem a long ways away, but at least I have more time to save for that down payment - 15k and counting...I don't want a high monthly payment!
I am going with the DARK leather interior, only burnt orange was available in the few 07's left in Canada...I could not see myself sitting on a pumpkin!
Everyone says to wait for the 09' but IS IT REALLY GOING TO CHANGE...Rumours only??
I'm not waiting another year cause we're planning on having our first child next summer and you know what that means if the kid comes before the car, I'll be ****_OUT_OF_LUCK!!!!

Can't wait!!!

KP
Old 09-07-2007, 05:52 PM
zman1910

LOL...I see your point now
Old 09-07-2007, 07:02 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevorkian
I'm not waiting another year cause we're planning on having our first child next summer and you know what that means if the kid comes before the car, I'll be ****_OUT_OF_LUCK!!!!
You'd better get that Z as soon as you can then.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:11 PM
wanta2008

Default hey grats!

Hey Kevorkian

Grat's on your purchase! I'm from Canada as well ... prices for the Zed are so much higher up here "eh"? lol

I'm shopping for one as well .... mind if I ask how much yours cost you especially since ur from Canada as well .... when I talked to the dealers here this month nobody seemed to know when the 08's were coming in .... I guess in friendly manitoba they are more in the loop then the guy's i've dealt with ..... feel free to PM me if you prefer ... grats again!
Old 09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
kaspia

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
I don't see you getting one that soon.
even November seem so far away. I guess I can only hope huh? I don't know what the new red will look like but I ordered a Redline since I have always been in love with that color.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:34 PM
LastODJedi
§ith Mã§t€®

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Congrats on the '08! I'd say get a aTomTom. For $499 you can get one fully loaded and still have room to spare in your cubby.

Just my $.02
Old 09-08-2007, 12:18 PM
failsafe306

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats, if I were ordering a Z, it would be the same exact specs as yours. Plus, I'd go ahead and get the navi if it were me if not only for the looks

You never said if you're getting the Touring or Grand Touring....I'm assuming Grand Touring since it has "all the bells and whistles".
Old 09-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Kevorkian

Yes...GT
Yes...M6
Yes...Carbon Silver
Yes...Leather
Yes/No ...Navigation?? Any arguments for/against getting one?
No...information from any of the dealerships here in the Peg' on the 08's.

April 08' delivery date = PRICELE$$
Old 09-10-2007, 05:03 PM
I1DER

I passed on the stock Nav as I wanted the space in the dash for other things. My experience with a few Navs is that they are awesome in urban areas and 10-20% of the time in rural areas they are a hinderence. Same as on-line mapping. I expect they will be getting better and better. Except for looks, after-market Navs will do the same job in the $450-$650 range.

Congrats on moving forward and being smart about delivery. I probably would have moved it up to March so the first dry day, I'd be on the pavement.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Kevorkian

We don't see much DRY pavement in March, sometimes we still get snow storms! April is still iffy but at least its warmer & by then most of the snow is melted!

Looks like I'll probably opt NOT to go with the factory nav system! That's a big chunk-o-change in my pocket...aftermarket electronics will do just fine!
Old 09-11-2007, 05:08 PM
BenchTT

Any confirmation on delivery? I called 6 different dealers in various states today and everyone gave me different timelines for delivery. Anywhere from late Nov to early spring. One in CA said that verts were due out first then coupes. Strange. I wouldn't have believed him if he said the white house was white. He wanted a large deposit to ensure my order. lol I hung up.

I too want a CS 6m w/dark leather and can't find one anywhere.

Quick Reply: Just ordered...2008 350z