Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Anyone near their M/T Z to check something?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:38 PM
Fox Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone near their M/T Z to check something?

I "hid" this question in another post so I thought I'd ask it more prominently. Yes, I've read the top 100 questions and yes I have searched extensively through the forum. I did not find it addressed anywhere.

Do the letters "RPM" flash in the Up-Shift Indicator in the Trip Computer? I changed the Up-Shift Indicator to 4000 since the manual indicates to stay below that # for the first 1200 miles. I noticed after I changed it, that "RPM" flashes in the Up-Shift Indicator. I don't recall it flashing with the factory preset. Can't find any instructions in the manual on how to get it to stop flashing. Maybe it is supposed to flash - I just can't remember if it was flashing before I changed the number from the preset.

I am not talking about the red warning light flashing below the tach - that does occur like it's supposed to. I am talking about the letters "RPM" in the Trip Computer display next to the oil pressure gauge.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:44 PM
LAKERSFAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm. never paid attention to the trip computer. cant check it out right now since im at work but will on my way home.

so, it says RPM when its time to shift on the trip computer when you have the display set where you change the rpm limit?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:25 PM
my05350z

Originally Posted by Fox Z
I "hid" this question in another post so I thought I'd ask it more prominently. Yes, I've read the top 100 questions and yes I have searched extensively through the forum. I did not find it addressed anywhere.

Do the letters "RPM" flash in the Up-Shift Indicator in the Trip Computer? I changed the Up-Shift Indicator to 4000 since the manual indicates to stay below that # for the first 1200 miles. I noticed after I changed it, that "RPM" flashes in the Up-Shift Indicator. I don't recall it flashing with the factory preset. Can't find any instructions in the manual on how to get it to stop flashing. Maybe it is supposed to flash - I just can't remember if it was flashing before I changed the number from the preset.

I am not talking about the red warning light flashing below the tach - that does occur like it's supposed to. I am talking about the letters "RPM" in the Trip Computer display next to the oil pressure gauge.

the light you speak of, flashes in my 05 mt Z also.... i did not buy it new, so i cant speak for factory.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
Fox Z

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
so, it says RPM when its time to shift on the trip computer when you have the display set where you change the rpm limit?
No, it flashes RPM all the time...would like to know what you find after work
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 AM
LAKERSFAN

i checked and it flashes rpm all the time
Old 11-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Fox Z

Originally Posted by LAKERSFAN
i checked and it flashes rpm all the time
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:00 PM
LAKERSFAN

Originally Posted by Fox Z
Thanks for the feedback.

haha, no problem. completely forgot about this thread but happen to stumble across it today.