Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

How does the 350Z handles in the snow and rain?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 07:50 PM
shadykilla717

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fithamoto
+1111111

If you drive well.....then you don't need to worry.
Couldn't have agreed more. ANY car looses traction in the snow. Even Evo's and STi's loose traction in the snow. So if you can drive. You can drive. No excuses. Everyone that says never drive in the snow.. Were u driving normal as if nothin was there?? I prefer not to drive in the snow period. But caution is your best friend.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:21 PM
Bary626

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
^^^doesnt know how to drive and/or has never tried
Boy I hear Ya!

I bought my Z on 10/24 & had dealer remove tires day I picked car up with All Season.
Tonight I drove in good 3 inches of snow here & not a single problem.
I tryed to lose control slightly in a parking lot & stability control & ABS works wonders!

Ice is another story & that goes for all cars not just a Z.

Any good experience driver will do great in snow with rear wheel cars!
Old 12-05-2007, 09:13 AM
eltness350
The Untouchable

Blizzaks....nuff Said
Old 12-05-2007, 09:27 AM
WhiteNoiz

Ive driven on snow and ice in the Z. I dont think its any worse than any other car accept it has GOBS of power to commit suicide with. If you just drive for the conditions you should be fine. In fact, I think with the traction control, abs, and vehicle stability, the car handles at least as good or better than other rwd cars. (IMO)<----flame retardant
Old 12-05-2007, 09:28 AM
WTX350Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow, some people are pansy's obviously. If you think a Z is difficult in the rain/snow you need to relearn how to drive.

they really aren't any worse than any other sportscar I've owned...even w/ summer tires it can be done, you just can't be stupid.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Hoods

Originally Posted by WTX350Z
wow, some people are pansy's obviously. If you think a Z is difficult in the rain/snow you need to relearn how to drive.

they really aren't any worse than any other sportscar I've owned...even w/ summer tires it can be done, you just can't be stupid.
+1
Old 12-05-2007, 09:39 AM
robinlia

Originally Posted by WTX350Z

This
Old 12-05-2007, 05:53 PM
I1DER

Do a search and you will find pages on this subject. As most here and on other threads will point out, tires are the biggest factor. TC and VDC are definite advantages except you will probably have to turn the TC off to get going if it is slippery, then turn it back on for safety. If you are used to driving in the snow(with appropriate tires), you shouldn't have more than normal problems except you have low clearance.

Welcome to the forum. You posted under "new owners", how long have you had the Z and where are the Pics of your stable of cars?

Last edited by I1DER; 12-05-2007 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:10 PM
redmike_02

Get the right tires for your conditions and drive appropriately and it can handle very well in rain or snow. People seem to forget that the Z has a very good handling balance. Honestly I feel more comfortable driving my Z in the snow than my beater for that exact reason. TCS is also a big help.

Last edited by redmike_02; 12-05-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:13 PM
TheProfessional

Forget about the snow.

Been there done that. The **** don't work.

Don't listen to these people ******** you about how well they drive in the snow. They don't in a Z!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:18 PM
redmike_02

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
Forget about the snow.

Don't listen to these people ******** you about how well they drive in the snow. They don't in a Z!
I did today. 23 miles much of which was untouched backroads.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:40 PM
I1DER

Forget about the snow.

I don't think anybody has ever said they drive "well" in the snow. With tires and skill, they drive. Forget deep stuff, hills without momentum, and Arkansas snow is especially dangerous.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:08 PM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by redmike_02
I did today. 23 miles much of which was untouched backroads.

i did 25 miles today...wasnt much accumulation on the highways, but it was pretty slick out and I was passing people at 60. not one slip.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:13 PM
redmike_02

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
i did 25 miles today...wasnt much accumulation on the highways, but it was pretty slick out and I was passing people at 60. not one slip.
About 2" on the roads by my house. Highway was all slush/water. I got the slip light only when I goosed it a little coming out of the driveway.

I realy enjoy passing people in 4x4's when they get stuck.

Last edited by redmike_02; 12-05-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:42 PM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by I1DER
I don't think anybody has ever said they drive "well" in the snow. With tires and skill, they drive. Forget deep stuff, hills without momentum, and Arkansas snow is especially dangerous.
Arkansas doesn't worry about snow... most everyone has a 4 wheel drive, but we get sheets of ice at least once every 2 years that will shut down ANY vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails How does the 350Z handles in the snow and rain?-treopic224_23dec04.jpg  
Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 PM
TheProfessional

This was taken in 04 when the national guard had to start picking people up off the roads because they couldn't move.
Attached Thumbnails How does the 350Z handles in the snow and rain?-treopic226_23dec04.jpg  
Old 12-06-2007, 05:51 PM
drivenCSZ

This was taken in 04 when the national guard had to start picking people up off the roads because they couldn't move.

pshhht...i would of tore that road up with my snow tires.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:53 AM
robinlia

Forget about the snow.

Just because YOU can't, doesn't mean that a better skilled driver can't.

I learned to drive in the snow. My birthday is dead smack in the middle of winter. So when I turned 16 (grew up in Denver), I was forced to learn how to handle a car in the snow.

ANY car can be driven in the snow, IF you know how to.

Making blanket statements such as yours is silly. If YOU don't want to drive in the snow, then don't. But don't tell someone that it CAN'T be done.

And before you go telling me I am wrong, you need to know that I also ride two motorcycles (not simultaneously) and I am a commercial helicopter pilot.

Later,

Robin
a.k.a. Lady Hawke

p.s. Notice I didn't say anything about ice... That is an entirely different subject.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:46 AM
Donsred350Z

As low as the 350z is to the ground it seems like it would be like driving a snow plow in the snow, cause tremendous drag and possible damage to the body areo affects. I couldn't imagine driving my 350Z in the snow, I've it in the rain for a short time before parking it in the garage and wiping it down. Handles well the short time I drove it in the rain, but thats what the raggly Jeeps is for 4x4 driving through the snow is fun except for stopping.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 AM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by robinlia
Just because YOU can't, doesn't mean that a better skilled driver can't.

I learned to drive in the snow. My birthday is dead smack in the middle of winter. So when I turned 16 (grew up in Denver), I was forced to learn how to handle a car in the snow.

ANY car can be driven in the snow, IF you know how to.

Making blanket statements such as yours is silly. If YOU don't want to drive in the snow, then don't. But don't tell someone that it CAN'T be done.

And before you go telling me I am wrong, you need to know that I also ride two motorcycles (not simultaneously) and I am a commercial helicopter pilot.

Later,

Robin
a.k.a. Lady Hawke

p.s. Notice I didn't say anything about ice... That is an entirely different subject.
WHAT THE ****! YOU JUST GOT YOUR Z LAST WEEK
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....74#post4771174

Talking about how skilled you are driving in the snow having learned in DENVER does nothing for the average driver, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU SPEAK FROM NO EXPERIENCE IN YOUR NEW RWD 350Z.

Watch what happens when you convince some noob lurker just happening to read this page linked from Google that its ok to drive in the snow/ice and they total their car or worse get killed.

The 350Z comes from the factory with SUMMER DRY PERFORMANCE TIRES. No one who reads this will consider driver skill or modified tires when assuming a Z is good to drive in the SNOW. Which someone with relatively no experience is the only one that would ask if it is OK.

DRIVING THIS CAR IN THE SNOW OR ICE IS A BAD IDEA. PERIOD.
Attached Thumbnails How does the 350Z handles in the snow and rain?-350z_snow.jpg  

Quick Reply: How does the 350Z handles in the snow and rain?