Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

How does the 350Z handles in the snow and rain?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 10:59 AM
robinlia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheProfessional
WHAT THE ****! YOU JUST GOT YOUR Z LAST WEEK
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....74#post4771174

Talking about how skilled you are driving in the snow having learned in DENVER does nothing for the average driver, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU SPEAK FROM NO EXPERIENCE IN YOUR NEW RWD 350Z.
WTF does my just getting this car have to do with anything? Just because I bought a 350Z last week doesn't mean I am not familiar with sports cars OR rear wheel drive cars.

As a matter of fact, I didn't own a front wheel drive car until 5 years AFTER I learned to drive. And I have only ever owned 1 four wheel drive vehicle and it wasn't in Colorado.

Watch what happens when you convince some noob lurker just happening to read this page linked from Google that its ok to drive in the snow/ice and they total their car or worse get killed.
Not trying to convince anyone THEY can drive in the snow. Its a skill... One that you apparently don't, can't and probably won't ever possess.

My statement was... ANY car can be driven in the snow. Period.

The 350Z comes from the factory with SUMMER DRY PERFORMANCE TIRES.
Really? Wow. I hadn't noticed. Of course, I am just a girl. You big brave boys better protect me. /sarcasm

No one who reads this will consider driver skill or modified tires when assuming a Z is good to drive in the SNOW.
Then by that standard, anyone who doesn't consider driver skill or special equipment shouldn't be driving a high performance car.

Which someone with relatively no experience is the only one that would ask if it is OK.
Then they might think about taking lessons or getting a different car.

IF you live in an area that accumulates snow and are a safe and prudent driver, then you "should" know that snow requires special tires no matter the vehicle, Z or otherwise.

DRIVING THIS CAR IN THE SNOW OR ICE IS A BAD IDEA. PERIOD.
I never said it was okay to drive on ice. Learn to read.

Later gator!

Robin

Note edited for spelling and grammar.

Last edited by robinlia; 12-07-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by robinlia
WTF does my just getting this car have to do with anything? Just because I bought a 350Z last week doesn't mean I am not familiar with sports cars OR rear wheel drive cars.

As a matter of fact, I didn't own a front wheel drive car until 5 years AFTER I learned to drive. And I have only ever owned 1 four wheel drive vehicle and it wasn't in Colorado.

Not trying to convince anyone THEY can drive in the snow. Its a skill... One that you apparently don't, can't and probably won't ever possess.

My statement was... ANY car can be driven in the snow. Period.

Really? Wow. I hadn't noticed. Of course, I am just a girl. You big brave boys better protect me. /sarcasm

Then by that standard, anyone who doesn't consider driver skill or special equipment shouldn't be driving a high performance car.

Then they might think about taking lessons or getting a different car.

IF you live in an area that accumulates snow and are a safe and prudent driver, then you "should" know that snow requires special tires no matter the vehicle, Z or otherwise.

I never said it was okay to drive on ice. Learn to read.

Later gator!

Robin

Note edited for spelling and grammar.
Way to back track exstensively... The ONLY thing you accomplished in this thread was stating "Any car can be driven in the snow".

The OP questioned the 350Z specifically... so how is your response related specifically?

You should leave the SAFETY related issues to 350Z owners with more than a week's experience with the vehicle and leave your rookie opinions (and post count) within the new owners forum.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:48 PM
robinlia

Way to back track exstensively... The ONLY thing you accomplished in this thread was stating "Any car can be driven in the snow".

The OP questioned the 350Z specifically... so how is your response related specifically?

You should leave the SAFETY related issues to 350Z owners with more than a week's experience with the vehicle and leave your rookie opinions (and post count) within the new owners forum.
Whatever.

There is no back tracking at all on my part. You made statements, I replied individually and completely and in context. Apparently, you will feel however you want, regardless of the facts.

Just because I am a new member "here" on this forum, does not imply that I am a rookie by ANY means.

Once YOU get MORE seat time than I have in cars, bikes and high performance military aircraft, THEN and only then may you call me a "rookie".

Also, I will hold and voice any opinion I want, anywhere I want. You certainly are showing your colors by telling me where and when I should speak (wow, sounds like you are a little male chauvinistic there).

And if you question my experience, I challenge you to come to Dallas (since you're in Arkansas it isn't that far), and verify everything I have said. In fact, I would be willing to meet you up on the Talimena sometime, if you think you can hang.

Hugs -n- Stuff!

Robin
Old 12-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Black Duck

Old 12-07-2007, 01:59 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I have yet to figure out why this debate continues every winter after 4 years. I would think there must be a reason. Perhaps the questions should be:

”Is it wise to drive a 350Z in the snow?”

”Are there safer alternatives?”

Last edited by davidv; 12-07-2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Black Duck

Is it wise? No unless you don't have other options.

Are there safer options? Yes FWD or AWD.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I went 2 winters with the car...with good tires (I only had allseaons, no snows). Good tires and sensibility are what is most important, in this or any car. Would it be a car I would drive on purpose in the snow? No, definitely not. Can it handle some snow with the right tires and a responsible driver? Absolutely.

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 12-07-2007 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:20 PM
TheProfessional

Originally Posted by robinlia
Whatever.

There is no back tracking at all on my part. You made statements, I replied individually and completely and in context. Apparently, you will feel however you want, regardless of the facts.

Just because I am a new member "here" on this forum, does not imply that I am a rookie by ANY means.

Once YOU get MORE seat time than I have in cars, bikes and high performance military aircraft, THEN and only then may you call me a "rookie".

Also, I will hold and voice any opinion I want, anywhere I want. You certainly are showing your colors by telling me where and when I should speak (wow, sounds like you are a little male chauvinistic there).

And if you question my experience, I challenge you to come to Dallas (since you're in Arkansas it isn't that far), and verify everything I have said. In fact, I would be willing to meet you up on the Talimena sometime, if you think you can hang.

Hugs -n- Stuff!

Robin
I really never noticed that you were a female, and quite frankly I don't see how that pertains to the subject or anything I said specifically.

Secondly, If you are insinuating that you are in the military services with your comments then I give you the respect you deserve in any enlisted role you provided for this great country, however that is where my respect for your OPINION ends.

And lastly I would delightfully DECLINE your invitation to "hang". No, I will not get into an ePissing match with a new member and new 350Z owner, which is why I am putting you on my permanent ignore list. And since you are new, I have to explain that means this will be last thing I have to read from you.
Old 12-07-2007, 04:42 PM
robinlia

Originally Posted by davidv
I have yet to figure out why this debate continues every winter after 4 years. I would think there must be a reason. Perhaps the questions should be:

”Is it wise to drive a 350Z in the snow?”

”Are there safer alternatives?”
I believe you have hit the nail on the head!

I believe you can drive in the snow, prudently. However, if you want to drive the car the way it was meant to be driven, driving in any kind of poor weather conditions would be ill advised.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:37 AM
TheProfessional

To further prove my point, a Chicago G53 owner explains this is the worst RWD vehicle he has driven in the snow:

https://my350z.com/forum/g35-g37/322145-got-caught-in-the-snow-in-the-g.html
Old 12-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

who cares though is the real question?

get snow tires, learn to drive properly for the conditions (which means staying in if its really bad), and that's about all you can do. Is it the ideal car? Nope...not supposed to be
Old 12-17-2007, 03:05 PM
drivenCSZ

To further prove my point, a Chicago G53 owner explains this is the worst RWD vehicle he has driven in the snow:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=322145
^^^idiot.

it's great when people read the stuff they post

he was on michelin pilot sports....enough said.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

maybe tomorrow I'll toss the r compounds on my car and then ***** about how I cant do anything but spin through 3rd
Old 12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
WashUJon

It'll do fine in snow with good snow tires. Just don't take it through heavy accumulation.

It's 50% driver in winter, as long as you've got the snow tires.

My Z on the stockers wouldn't get up a driveway with an 1/8" of powder. Summer tires are useless in snow.

If I get me an '08 next year, I'll be getting snow rims/tires.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 PM
WIZMan 2007

Default Snow and the Z

I just bought my new roadster a few weeks before the snow hit here. I bought a vehicle with higher clearance for the snow as last year went home early from work because of snow. My subdivison was not even plowed out, and my Tiburon was a ***** to get up the hill as the snow was so deep that the car was scraping the snow. I doubt that my Z would have made it.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:23 AM
Bary626

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
I went 2 winters with the car...with good tires (I only had allseaons, no snows). Good tires and sensibility are what is most important, in this or any car. Would it be a car I would drive on purpose in the snow? No, definitely not. Can it handle some snow with the right tires and a responsible driver? Absolutely.