Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Deal on my new '03 or what..!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:28 PM
99lspwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rdjonesku
Sounds like you got an amazing deal! However, I've learned the hard way that if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Did you have a mechanic check it out? If you're feeling a bit cheap, you could always take it to CarMax and have them do one of their "free" 125-point inspections on it. Just tell them you want to sell them your car, and they'll come back with an offer. If their offer is low, then they should tell you why... as in, it's been in an accident or there are signs of flood / fire damage. etc.

Well the car was a 2 owner..The original owner had it until about 55k miles and had all maintenence records from the dealer..The second owner was a 61 year old car collector/enthusiast himself and took real good care of it as well..The car has a clean carfax, no accidents/flood damage or anything like that and the body is straight as can be...
It has new tires/brakes all the way around,has no fluid leaks or noises of any kind...The guy I bought it from was originally asking $12,500...I offered him 10,000 for it thinking he would say no way and he did..He wound up getting in touch with me a few days later saying he needed to free up some space for his new toys, so he accepted the offer...I was kinda shocked myself!! If I get time this weekend I will post up some pics for you guys!!
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM
99lspwr

Originally Posted by 350z Guy
+1

i agree, the price is wayy too good
I am always hunting for deals constantly on all different types of vehicles..This one was not my first choice color or tranny wise, but like I allready mentioned there was no way I was gonna pass this up!!!

The economy is getting super tuff as everyone allready knows..If you have a little cash to play with,the deals are out there...Just gotta be willing to put some effort into finding them..
Old 01-23-2009, 03:17 AM
AdvanZ33
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 189 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by 99lspwr
I am always hunting for deals constantly on all different types of vehicles..This one was not my first choice color or tranny wise, but like I allready mentioned there was no way I was gonna pass this up!!!

The economy is getting super tuff as everyone allready knows..If you have a little cash to play with,the deals are out there...Just gotta be willing to put some effort into finding them..
Congrats! I went down the same road because dealers around my area were hiking up their prices trying to keep afloat. I ended up having to drive 250 miles after negotiating for a month with a private seller on AutoTrader from $15k to $12k! I couldn't believe it worked out but it's just a bad time for buying/selling cars and some people just want to get rid of them. The patience paid off and I slipped right into an 03 Touring 6MT (loaded) with 46k miles.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 AM
99lspwr

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
Congrats! I went down the same road because dealers around my area were hiking up their prices trying to keep afloat. I ended up having to drive 250 miles after negotiating for a month with a private seller on AutoTrader from $15k to $12k! I couldn't believe it worked out but it's just a bad time for buying/selling cars and some people just want to get rid of them. The patience paid off and I slipped right into an 03 Touring 6MT (loaded) with 46k miles.
Nice find as well!!! Sounds like you got exactly what you wanted!! Even know I would have preferred a different color and a 6 spd., I could not be happier with the deal I got!! Now I just have to let the auto grow on me..