Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

hellos

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Kirbaaybaayy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that blows *** for the ding in your car....
Old 09-15-2009, 06:07 AM
halfass872

Originally Posted by aaronz8
thanks! i shall, i shall!!

I was thinking maybe ricing it out first, I like the completely blacked out look.

Any suggestions for more rice mods? oh ye, I remembered something about demon eyes, I might want to add rice like that. but suggestions I like

Who are Hraes and Doug? are they the überflamers? haha
Fixed!!

Hraes and Doug only flame kids that say "uber"

Originally Posted by aaronz8
oh, yes I paid in full. no loan

And if by some stretch it's NOT BS, you sir are an idiot for having $21,000 cash, and spending it on a car at your age. Buy a house with that money so you don't have to live with mommy and daddy anymore. So how did you come to be the age you are and save up $21,000 dollars??

But it's more then likely BS, so it doesn't really matter now does it?

Last edited by halfass872; 09-15-2009 at 06:15 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:56 PM
aaronz8

Originally Posted by halfass872
Fixed!!

Hraes and Doug only flame kids that say "uber"

And if by some stretch it's NOT BS, you sir are an idiot for having $21,000 cash, and spending it on a car at your age. Buy a house with that money so you don't have to live with mommy and daddy anymore. So how did you come to be the age you are and save up $21,000 dollars??

But it's more then likely BS, so it doesn't really matter now does it?
Hey, first of all, I don't think completely blacked out is riced out if you do it with good taste. I attached a picture that I think looks very nice.

Second of all, I had to get a car that day. I agree that $21k on a car is much at my age, but I have wanted the 350z for soooo long. Also, I wanted to reward myself for recently getting 800's in both Math and Physics SAT subject tests. I earned my money myself, and I have more saved up, so why not? I expect on going to a college that will have 4 year housing, so it won't be too expensive. I don't expect you to know what housing prices are like in Orange County, but you could not even buy a condo with 10 times that money.

I earn my money by many ways. One of the reasons I do all these things are to learn more about them, so I can make a reasonable choice for my major. The money is very nice also.

Some of the money comes from stocks. I have a very trusting family, and was lent a large amount of money to invest. Of course, I had to make convincing arguments with my research in order to convince myself and my family that whatever I was doing was a good choice.

I also own my own computer business, with a friend. We provide computer services, and we started out with websites. We were both into servers, and had already run servers at our houses, so we decided to offer that service to small businesses as well. So far, we have set up multiple networks for doctor offices, law offices, and many other companies. This includes building the server, buying compatible client PC's, installing the correct software, and setting them up so that they have Active Directory (if Windows based server) or LDAP (if Linux based server). Some of the businesses require virtual servers or VOIP networks, and we provide that as well. These all pay very well.

I also have an internship at my uncle's company, which he pays me for. I didn't really use any of that money though, so whatever. Btw, he makes parts for many cars. When I went to his office, I saw these awesome looking brake calipers (it was like a year ago when I did not know anything about cars, so I dunno the brand) and stuff for the 2003 M3. He also makes the airbox for the Lexus IS-F. He has some really interesting stuff.

So, I hope I cleared up any suspicions or doubts. I want to let you guys know that I don't argue, so provoke all you want. I have a 350z and care for it very much, and that's what matters imo.
Attached Thumbnails hellos-tightfittmentyo002.jpg  
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 PM
aaronz8

I also want to say that I am only doing appearance mods at the moment because I don't know what college I'm going to yet. I don't want to blow tons of money into my car, only to find out that I can't even drive it. So, if I sell, then appearance mods = free, and won't lower the resale value.

If I do get to keep the car in college, then by all means I will try to get it TT'd before I leave. (btw I live like 20 minutes from GReddy )
Old 09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
gennosuke1

^^Good idea since you live in socal thats a smart choice considering how strict cali is for their carb emissions.

what college you plan on going to?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:35 PM
aaronz8

Originally Posted by gennosuke1
^^Good idea since you live in socal thats a smart choice considering how strict cali is for their carb emissions.

what college you plan on going to?
*applying
The reach/medium ones I can recall right now are Stanford, MIT, Carnegie Mellon, Cornell, UCLA, UCSD, UCI, usc, tufts, and northwestern.

College counselor is helping with the safeties

Last edited by aaronz8; 09-15-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:47 PM
gennosuke1

do you know what your major is yet? Id inform you that if you want business i dont think standford has undergrad program.

how you gonna deal with leaving socal lol. i think id get tired of living up north

BTW i was suggesting you go with supsercharger since it legal opposed to Turbo from previous post. all it takes is one look from that special trooper
Old 09-15-2009, 06:58 PM
aaronz8

do you know what your major is yet? Id inform you that if you want business i dont think standford has undergrad program.

how you gonna deal with leaving socal lol. i think id get tired of living up north

BTW i was suggesting you go with supsercharger since it legal opposed to Turbo from previous post. all it takes is one look from that special trooper
I want to do engineering (either electrical or mechanical) for undergrad, and business for grad.

Haha, my thought is that college is the time to experience different (not necessarily desirable) conditions, so north is ok w/ me. I've lived in socal for most of my life, so its kinda tooo perfect.

:O I didn't know superchargers are legal? I was thinking turbo because ultimately there is more power. Also, I think its a better idea because it converts waste energy into usable energy, unlike a supercharger which leeches off the engine. Also, I think turbos don't use much more gas at low rpm's because they do not spin fast enough. So, I can cruise without using too much gas but get power when I want it. With a supercharger, it always uses a lot of gas.
Are any of those points invalid?
and, do people actually get caught/ticketed/punished for having turbos? or is it just a hassle for smog checks?
Old 09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you sound like a smart kid! And that is very very rare on this forum ( < 1%) Good luck with the car!
Old 09-15-2009, 07:30 PM
gennosuke1

Ok good luck with that major its gonna be really hard consdiering all the math and science courses you have to take. I dont have to take as much science but math up to cal 2.

Im not expert with technical stuff about turbos but they do make more power than superchargers. I actually wanted a tt kit but i thought about the outcome of getting pulled over. If you get caught not only you have to pay a fine but you also have to pay to get it taken off after paying to get it put on and tuned. I think you can make about 380whp with Supercharger just less torque opposed to turbo. with the TT kit you could go up to 400whp but you will run into longevity problems considering hwo much boost you are running. As far from i read keep it below 400 on stock block.

Yes superchargers are legal comapred to turbo kits. I have never gotten pulled over for my car thankfully but its really the luck of the draw. Depends if a cop wants to **** around with you or not and you also live in Irvine one of the worse places since so many of them. You should check out on the forums would some peoplehave gotten pulled over for. One was when guy got puleld over for having stock exhaust and another window tint. It's pretty dumb.

That being said, considering i am in colege, i'd rather stay on the safe side even though i like turbos better.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
aaronz8

Ok good luck with that major its gonna be really hard consdiering all the math and science courses you have to take. I dont have to take as much science but math up to cal 2.

Im not expert with technical stuff about turbos but they do make more power than superchargers. I actually wanted a tt kit but i thought about the outcome of getting pulled over. If you get caught not only you have to pay a fine but you also have to pay to get it taken off after paying to get it put on and tuned. I think you can make about 380whp with Supercharger just less torque opposed to turbo. with the TT kit you could go up to 400whp but you will run into longevity problems considering hwo much boost you are running. As far from i read keep it below 400 on stock block.

Yes superchargers are legal comapred to turbo kits. I have never gotten pulled over for my car thankfully but its really the luck of the draw. Depends if a cop wants to **** around with you or not and you also live in Irvine one of the worse places since so many of them. You should check out on the forums would some peoplehave gotten pulled over for. One was when guy got puleld over for having stock exhaust and another window tint. It's pretty dumb.

That being said, considering i am in colege, i'd rather stay on the safe side even though i like turbos better.

kk, thanks for the advice! lol maybe I should just go for the 3.8L or 4.2L short block upgrade and keep it NA... don't wanna get caught up with the law! (also to keep the option of TT available in case i move into another state )
Old 09-15-2009, 07:43 PM
aaronz8

"the 350Z twin turbo upgrade is completely street legal" :O
http://www.airpowersystems.com/350z/...ive_cargo1.htm

haha only one choice >_<
I don't think any other ones are street legal

still thinking about short block upgrade

Last edited by aaronz8; 09-15-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:44 PM
aaronz8

Originally Posted by *ICE*
you sound like a smart kid! And that is very very rare on this forum ( < 1%) Good luck with the car!
Thanks!!

and nice colors! I'm hoping to get black wheels sooner or later! and making black handles
Old 09-15-2009, 08:34 PM
Sunset350Z

Nice another 06, the only way a turbo kit in Cali would be illegal is if you are not running cats i.e. catless downpipes
Old 09-15-2009, 11:31 PM
gennosuke1

^^not having cats is another sotry but still a no no

hmm i think the aps kit is street legal for certain states only you gotta be careful on things like that. Ill check on that again because I thought only supercahrger were legal except the cars that come with stock turbo.

wait so not sure but you rent servers to small offices?
Old 09-15-2009, 11:47 PM
aaronz8

Well i custom build each server based on the businesses requirements and then sell it to them. I also charge for maintenence per month.
I do complete networks usually, so that includes choosing and setting up the regular computers so that they can login and/or use a program over the network (like windows terminal server if you know what that is)
Old 09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
gennosuke1

Yes let me know if you want more business i think i can find you more people around the area

About your ding, if you are gonna take care of it let me know so i can get mine done too. maybe the guy gives a discount if there are more people. I have two door dings from when i bought the car and still havent got it fixed. Athird one was added from school. Its been about 1.5 year lol
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 PM
aaronz8

Yes let me know if you want more business i think i can find you more people around the area

About your ding, if you are gonna take care of it let me know so i can get mine done too. maybe the guy gives a discount if there are more people. I have two door dings from when i bought the car and still havent got it fixed. Athird one was added from school. Its been about 1.5 year lol
Well, about more business... probably not soon. With 5 AP's this year, and college apps, i think I'm already gonna be WMAO haha. Let's keep in touch though, I'm gonna try to do a lot of work in the school breaks, etc.

for the dings, I think i'm gonna accumulate some more before I get them done. Same reason as above, killer homework and when I do have some free time I have to write those college essays.