Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New member. First 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011 | 12:23 PM
illjim69

Originally Posted by Supra350z
Kay Its not typical 18 year old behavior.. my dad was with Me and spoke to the cop he took me to get car and drove back with me and everything... he was there.
Then he too is exhibiting 18 year old behavior.

He thought it was crap that we couldn't move it when we were 5 miles from home...
You said it was an hour and a half away, so you made it pretty far ILLEGALLY. Was the car even insured? Doubt it, although I am sure you will say it was. Wasn't even registered to you at this point though.

we never had the problem before
That is like the guy who speeds all the time and then complains when they get their first ticket. You guys got away with it before, congrats, now you know the law. Cops don't write the laws.

and he including I and everyone we know swore that you have 24 hours when sighning the title to drive the car until its Illegal.. so we did not know..
Ignorance is no excuse.

and sorry but i didn't want to leave my new 12 thousand dollar car on the side of the road for 3 days??? Like... yeah?,
ZOMG! 12 grand?!!?!?!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to leave it there either, so I would have ensured I was LEGAL to move it. ENSURED, not "figured, guessed or thought". Big difference. ORRRRR.....get a tow. I bet if you asked the cop if you could get it towed to your place, he would have said "no problem". I mean come on, you got big baller money, buying 12 thousand dollar cars and all, what is an extra 100 bucks for a tow?

and he used a paper with Tint markings on it to identify the tint percent. they changed the legal limit to 50 percent for the fronts i believe?
More "I thought". Dude, if the cop said the tint was illegal, then it was. Granted, you didn't put it on the car.

all i know is my dad has legal limit on his mustang and my windows are just as dark as his if not.. Then lighter than his. so i was a bit confused on that. but the windows DO look dark maybe has a bit to do with the tint on the Rear hatch window which makes just the inside of the car darker but idk?.
There are tons of variables involved, you can't really compare the two cars as they are different.

and the cop wasn't nice...
Actually he was cool. He could have given you more tickets and impounded your car.

First thing he did was come to my passanger window and pound on the fckn thing.. really??... real cool.
Did it break? Then who cares? Why weren't they down in the first place? That is "getting pulled over 101", roll down windows, hands on the steering wheel, etc. Come on kid, this IS NOT the first time you have been pulled over (say no and you're lying).

Then he gets big attitude before i said a word. has smart comments. all he was doing was proving that people have a reason not to like cops... its people like him who put a bad Name into police enforcement.
Geee, I have no idea why he would have an attitude. Kid driving a car without plates or insurance, tinted tails, illegally tinted windows, doesn't follow the common sense rules of getting pulled over, etc. Hmmm.....bet you made his day a brighter one too.

Again, he could have written you MANY other tickets, not just the ones he warned you for, trust me cops can whip out the books and go over any modified car and find lots of illegal things. He didn't do that. He also could have (and should have) impounded your car. And he didn't. So if you had to take a little gruff from him, so what? Quit being a little baby about it.

Who cares why you think people don't like cops, you are why people don't like young kids in sports cars (or kids in general).
Old 06-18-2011 | 12:27 PM
illjim69

Oh and I noticed the plates on the Z now, the ones off his Camaro. Who wants to bet money he slapped those on the Z as soon as he got home and then went out driving to show all his buddies?

Oh and OP, do the world a favor, stop taking pics with the "JDM angle". And remove that tail light tint, you will get pulled over often and could actually work against you if you are involved in a rear end accident.
Old 06-18-2011 | 12:37 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic
Premier Member

dis gunna be good...

Last edited by ImWeeZzel; 06-18-2011 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-18-2011 | 01:02 PM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Old 06-18-2011 | 02:54 PM
Bober'z

congrats on the z
Old 06-18-2011 | 03:04 PM
Supra350z

Originally Posted by illjim69
Oh and I noticed the plates on the Z now, the ones off his Camaro. Who wants to bet money he slapped those on the Z as soon as he got home and then went out driving to show all his buddies?

Oh and OP, do the world a favor, stop taking pics with the "JDM angle". And remove that tail light tint, you will get pulled over often and could actually work against you if you are involved in a rear end accident.

They are from the camaro yes. But no i waited until i got them transfered over.. Just so you know. and what is the JDM angle? honestly never herd of it.. i take the pics straight and when i send them thru my email from my phone and then saved to PC then put on photobucket and put into forums it gets rotated in the process and i don't care to rotate it back...
and i already stated before im getting rid of the tail lights so lay off about that.. not sure how to remove the tint idk if its a Sticky tint or painted ill have to look at it closer.

and By the way.. odd how you don't know this seeming how you must be over the age of 35 seems how you keep refering to me as Kids and how people hate kids...
when you purchase a car. it is automatic covered under your insurence even if your insurence company doesn't know about it. i believe for like 2 days it is insured Something like that. and i know that for a fact.. so thanks for being a douche about the whole thing. and refering to my dad as an 18 year old. sorry we never ran into this problem before? he never has i never had. and hes gotten pulled over before for no plates showed the cop the title he said Oh okay on your way.
yes i know if the cop says its illegal its illegal BUT.. they JUST changed the law not that long ago. not even 6 months ago i believe but not positively sure. ill be keeping the tint that wont be a big deal to cops around here.. that state cop was from another city close by which i never go to. the Rear light tint i will eliminate. so that can be blanked out of all these convos. and that should settle that.

also i was pulled over rolled down MY window... what cop goes to the passanger side. yet he did.. we weren't ONN the highway if we were i would understand.. we were off of it. So thats why it wasn't down... and even if im a kid.. in this car. doesn't give him the right to be a jerk.. Shouldn't judge people. for all he knows i could be buying a new car for fathers day for my dad. he doesn't know.. but whatever. im past it all... Id like to just enjoy my car and stop fighting about bull crap. not sure why you picked a fight over it. but its cool. i can tell you don't like teenagers.. you were one before too. not sure what i did to NOT like kids in sports cars.. i picked up a car of an interest i drove it home. sorry i didn't study the law for 10 years before i did so..
Old 06-18-2011 | 03:14 PM
Supra350z

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel
dis gunna be good...

Lol great show. like how people just come to watch the convos and fights on here. Theres SOO many more people on here then the Supra forums its pretty crazy. every 5 seconds theres a new post... i think.. every day theres 2 new threads started.. idk about postss tho lol. still lot less people.
Old 06-18-2011 | 04:15 PM
Cass007
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Congrats on your new purchase!!

Best of luck with it and on the forum.
Old 06-18-2011 | 04:37 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

Congrats on the new Z, OP and welcome to the forum. Sorry that you had this experience on your first day home from buying the car. Something like that can put a damper on the excitement of the first day with a new car. I'm sure that all of us can realize that fact.

Now that you know what's catching the police's attention in your area, you can fix it and you won't have to worry about catching his attention again. If anything is illegal, or even borderline illegal, fix it quickly or prepare to have many more attention from the boys in blue. For some reason, our cars naturally catch their attention.

I have no idea of your state laws, but I had a similar situation where a cop was interpreting the state laws about license tag covers and tint on non-illuminated portions of a light housing a little stronger than the law was written. I just let him have his rant, was nice and apologetic, took my $1100 worth of tickets, and then took pictures and documented the laws as they were written and had a cop friend pass it by the chief of police for his opinion. The chief contacted the judge of the court and had them toss out the tickets. Police are human, can make mistakes about interpretting the law, and can have a bad day too - that's why there is a court and judge to make the final call on interpretting the law. If you weren't breaking the law, good luck - just be courteous, respectful, and professional in how you deal with the authorities. However, I immediately removed the tag cover and made adjustments to my reflector tint - because it just isn't worth continuing to tempt them.
Old 06-18-2011 | 04:42 PM
Legacy406
Premier Member

also i was pulled over rolled down MY window... what cop goes to the passanger side. yet he did.. we weren't ONN the highway if we were i would understand.. we were off of it. So thats why it wasn't down... ..
A lot of cops now will use this as a shock factor. A lot of people wont be expecting the officer to sneak up on them on the passenger side. Lets try to keep the bickering down though in here and have you 2 agree to disagree and move on.

Either way, welcome to the forum. Car is looking good and as Horn said I would re paint the calipers to something more low key. Tons of sticky threads in each section where you can learn and remember that search is your best friend here

Last edited by Legacy406; 06-18-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-18-2011 | 05:38 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Looks like the previous owner had alot done to the car, and it definitely has some potential.

Although, it looks like it's missing the undertray/diffuser under the front bumper. You can actually purchase a more durable option than the plastic OEM version by getting one of these:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...are-ready.html

I would really like to see a pic of your 86 Supra, those are pretty cool
Old 06-18-2011 | 05:53 PM
illjim69

They are from the camaro yes. But no i waited until i got them transfered over.. Just so you know.
Doubt that. But okay.

and what is the JDM angle? honestly never herd of it.. i take the pics straight and when i send them thru my email from my phone and then saved to PC then put on photobucket and put into forums it gets rotated in the process and i don't care to rotate it back...
It is when you hold the camera in some other fashion besides straight (portrait) or sideways (landscape).

and i already stated before im getting rid of the tail lights so lay off about that.. not sure how to remove the tint idk if its a Sticky tint or painted ill have to look at it closer.
If it is spray on, then good luck. If it is overlays, too easy, use a heat gun and some Goo Gone. Worst case, buy some stock lights off someone here for cheap.

and By the way.. odd how you don't know this seeming how you must be over the age of 35 seems how you keep refering to me as Kids and how people hate kids...
Not over 35, but older than 30.

when you purchase a car. it is automatic covered under your insurence even if your insurence company doesn't know about it. i believe for like 2 days it is insured Something like that. and i know that for a fact..
NOT!

If that were the case, then why do dealers REQUIRE you show proof of insurance before you take your new car off the lot? If a bank holds the title, you need full coverage and they want proof of insurance.

Although when you buy cars outright, maybe this is the case. If so, post proof, you would be teaching me something.

so thanks for being a douche about the whole thing. and refering to my dad as an 18 year old.
No problem!

sorry we never ran into this problem before? he never has i never had. and hes gotten pulled over before for no plates showed the cop the title he said Oh okay on your way.
Local cops are different from state cops, we all know this. Just because a cop says something is okay, doesn't mean it is legal.

yes i know if the cop says its illegal its illegal BUT.. they JUST changed the law not that long ago. not even 6 months ago i believe but not positively sure. ill be keeping the tint that wont be a big deal to cops around here.. that state cop was from another city close by which i never go to. the Rear light tint i will eliminate. so that can be blanked out of all these convos. and that should settle that.
Okay......

Doesn't matter if it was yesterday. The law is the law, as much as it doesn't make sense sometimes. I keep my tint dark, knowing it is against the law but I also pay the fines and don't cry about it.

also i was pulled over rolled down MY window... what cop goes to the passanger side. yet he did.. we weren't ONN the highway if we were i would understand.. we were off of it. So thats why it wasn't down...
I always rolled them ALL down (in a Z, all TWO of them).

WTF were you doing that you didn't see where he was? Every time I get pulled over, I watch the cop after I roll down the windows. How did he catch you off guard? You should have seen him walk to the other side and rolled that one down. Hiding something? Texting?

and even if im a kid.. in this car. doesn't give him the right to be a jerk.. Shouldn't judge people. for all he knows i could be buying a new car for fathers day for my dad. he doesn't know.. but whatever. im past it all... Id like to just enjoy my car and stop fighting about bull crap. not sure why you picked a fight over it. but its cool. i can tell you don't like teenagers.. you were one before too. not sure what i did to NOT like kids in sports cars.. i picked up a car of an interest i drove it home. sorry i didn't study the law for 10 years before i did so..

He wasn't a jerk. What don't you get about "he could have given you more tickets and impounded your car"?

Lost cause. Print this thread out, save it and read it about 10 years from now and you will slap yourself.

Good luck with everything.

Last edited by illjim69; 06-18-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-19-2011 | 03:05 AM
Czarrr

Easy there broski ^
You already pwned him more than enough.
Old 06-21-2011 | 05:22 AM
BoomerZ33

major flaming going on! welcome OP. search around the site, learn what to do and what no to do to a Z and stay out of trouble with the law and most of all have fun in a safe manner.
Old 06-22-2011 | 01:18 PM
Supra350z

Originally Posted by Waizzz
Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

Looks like the previous owner had alot done to the car, and it definitely has some potential.

Although, it looks like it's missing the undertray/diffuser under the front bumper. You can actually purchase a more durable option than the plastic OEM version by getting one of these:

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...are-ready.html

I would really like to see a pic of your 86 Supra, those are pretty cool
thanks, heres some pictures of it. Still looks the same. Recently did an engine swap to the JDM 6mge engine.

Old 06-22-2011 | 01:22 PM
Supra350z

ya im done arguring. not worth it and its just annoying now. and i do not have proof about the insurence thing.. But with my insurence it was true i called and confirmed.
anyways. idc about everyting else.
bye
Old 06-22-2011 | 01:39 PM
wasuber

Wow looks like that Supra was garaged most of its life! So clean
Old 06-22-2011 | 01:40 PM
Czarrr

+1 on the Supra!
I got an 88 Supra for my graduation and birthday present a couple of years ago.
Old 06-22-2011 | 04:07 PM
Waiz
Premier Member
Premier Member

Originally Posted by wasuber
Wow looks like that Supra was garaged most of its life! So clean
Originally Posted by Czarrr
+1 on the Supra!
I got an 88 Supra for my graduation and birthday present a couple of years ago.
+2

Thanks for posting the Supra photos!
Old 06-22-2011 | 04:53 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Get a shorty antenna, front emblem, and some LED tails. You'll be almost set.

Quick Reply: New member. First 350z