New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New member. First 350z

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 06:39 PM
Supra350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member. First 350z

Names Brandon, 18 years old.
well picked up a 2003 350z Coupe for 12k last weekend. Silver and black trim with body kit tinted windows Lightly blacked out tailights. has a spacer in the plenum or whatever lol i was told and seen it. has a nice sounding exhaust(in my taste, i get made fun of from my muscle car friends at work, I own a 77 camaro Yellow/black stripes as well.. But am currently selling it actually) also own a 86 mkII toyota Celicasupra. which is my project car. Running nicely just a little tweak and its there (recently did an engine swap from the 5mge to 6mge)
anyways. The Z is an amazing car. Very fast in my opinion from the Supra and other cars i have drove. actually kept up pretty well to my dads 2000 Mustang Cobra surprizingly. that 400-450hp would be nice! But cost about half of what i bought the car for.. Lol and im trying to Move out of my parents house so thats not happening anytime soon.
Couple minor fixes on the car (its the little things that matter to me) so iv been taking care of that lately
All and all im loving it. pretty decent shape. Guy around here in Rockford il. owns a Yellow Acura NSX very beautiful car. very pricy. just about up with the latest Supra's. and he said to me that i own the best Z he has ever seen. Not sure how far hes been.. and how many hes seen but i know theres a lot nicer ones hahaha.
Anyways. Glad to have the car.
Let me know what ya think

**edit** actually got pulled over by a state cop on my way HOME from picking up the car an hour and a half away from my house gave me a ticket for no license plates at the time even tho i just bought it... DICK. and gave me a warning for window tint (which i believe are legal Tint...) and Rear lights are tinted too dark.. lol Wtf?. he told me i couldnt move the car from where it sat on the highway until tuesday(when DMV's opened, it was a saturday after they closed when i purchased it) he was going to impound it about so i didn't fight back.. But 3 hours later went back a picked it up haha just wanted it in my driveway too bad.

Last edited by Supra350z; 06-17-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:57 PM
omsin523

I got kinda lost reading. But congrats. But lose the smoke tails, painted red calipers, paint sides body-color and get the hamburger for the bumper.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:00 PM
Supra350z

happens a lot when i start typing.. kinda enjoy the smoked lights lol But why? they go with the car in a sense. the headlights are like Blacklights... Their not bright enough. most definitely probobly illegal. was thinking of painting Calipers Blue.. Don't like the color Red but blue wouldn't go with anything... id rather have red then nothing wouldn't you think? or no... lol and what do you mean Paint sides Color.. The black on the Side Skirts? make it back to silver is that what your saying?

and what is the Hamburger for the bumber? The Nissan Symbol for that empy cirlce under hood? haha i was looking into getting on of those if thats what your talkin about

Last edited by Supra350z; 06-17-2011 at 07:02 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:14 PM
FRESH Z

Originally Posted by omsin523
I got kinda lost reading. But congrats. But lose the smoke tails, painted red calipers, paint sides body-color and get the hamburger for the bumper.
Old 06-17-2011, 07:43 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Welcome and congratulations! Enjoy your new car.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:06 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Your calipers are ugly so paint them a color that doesn't stand out like silver or black. With that said, the car is looking decent, welcome.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:15 PM
singh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the reason your friends make fun of it is because it looks riced out
Old 06-17-2011, 09:29 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Come on guys, he just bought the car.

Op, I would recommend getting the nissan emblem to fill in the front bumper or get it shaven and repainted, as the paint looks to be a little off.

I also recommend black mesh behind the bumper, looks empty without it. Your paint lines don't match. Example: your front bumper has a small line of black, whereas your entire side skirts are painted black.

Your gunna get alot if negative feed back on rattlecan calipers, but hey if I like them then keep it.

I'm a big fan of blacked out taillights, but they are definitely not worth the tickets. Same goes for tint.

Welcome to the forum. Thick skin its needed sometimes to survive here lol

Last edited by ImWeeZzel; 06-17-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:28 AM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very clean for 2003. Congratulations.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:32 AM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel

Op, I would recommend getting the nissan emblem to fill in the front bumper or get it shaven and repainted, as the paint looks to be a little off.

I also recommend black mesh behind the bumper, looks empty without it. Your paint lines don't match. Example: your front bumper has a small line of black, whereas your entire side skirts are painted black.

Your gunna get alot if negative feed back on rattlecan calipers, but hey if I like them then keep it.

I'm a big fan of blacked out taillights, but they are definitely not worth the tickets. Same goes for tint.

+1 on the burger emblem or the fill and shave.
The paint does look a little off on the front bumper.

+2 on the black mesh for the front bumper.

+3 on the rattlecan calipers. But I agree. If you like them, keep them. I think they're fine IMO.

Blacked out tail lights are not my thing though. Pass on those.

And welcome to the forum.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:13 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Supra350z
**edit** actually got pulled over by a state cop on my way HOME from picking up the car an hour and a half away from my house gave me a ticket for no license plates at the time even tho i just bought it... DICK. and gave me a warning for window tint (which i believe are legal Tint...) and Rear lights are tinted too dark.. lol Wtf?. he told me i couldnt move the car from where it sat on the highway until tuesday(when DMV's opened, it was a saturday after they closed when i purchased it) he was going to impound it about so i didn't fight back.. But 3 hours later went back a picked it up haha just wanted it in my driveway too bad.
So why is the cop a dick? Tinted tails are illegal in most places (plus they are pointless and dangerous). Your tint looks too dark based on the pic. Did he use a meter to test it? As for the plates, you're supposed to get temp plates PRIOR to moving the car, so again, you were wrong. Then to compound it, you lie to the cop and then go back and get the car? Sorry but I kind of hope you get steamrolled in court. Typical 18 year old behavior.

With that said, the car doesn't look that bad to me. A few quick fixes and you will have a clean ride. Definitely get a badge for the front and paint the calipers black or silver. Fix the tails so people don't have to guess as to whether or not you are braking and enjoy. I would say fix the tint, but I run "illegal" tint too, just be prepared for the chance of getting tickets for it.

Last edited by illjim69; 06-18-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:37 AM
MiracleAces

I love how cops are dicks just for doing their jobs.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:45 AM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

No kidding, especially since the cop only gave him warnings on the tint and tails, he could have given him full blown tickets. Sounds like the cop was actually being pretty nice about it.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:55 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

welcome and enjoy that car
Old 06-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Supra350z

Originally Posted by ImWeeZzel

i am looking intogettting the Emblem by the way. and it does have Mesh in the bumber you just can't see it.. its there. thin Black mesh. and i was thinking of black for the Calipers the red just doesn't go with me.. i would rather have black so ill be getting into that soon as well. The taillights i just don't want to change cuz they go with the car, and because their already on there lol i gotta buy new ones just to make it less.. Apealing. haha but i will look into that as well.

and i know about the Thick skin, i own a 86mk2 supra and have been on their Forum sites for about a year and they can be dicks as well.
Thanks tho
Old 06-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Supra350z

Originally Posted by illjim69
No kidding, especially since the cop only gave him warnings on the tint and tails, he could have given him full blown tickets. Sounds like the cop was actually being pretty nice about it.
Kay Its not typical 18 year old behavior.. my dad was with Me and spoke to the cop he took me to get car and drove back with me and everything... he was there. He thought it was crap that we couldn't move it when we were 5 miles from home... we never had the problem before and he including I and everyone we know swore that you have 24 hours when sighning the title to drive the car until its Illegal.. so we did not know.. and sorry but i didn't want to leave my new 12 thousand dollar car on the side of the road for 3 days??? Like... yeah?, and he used a paper with Tint markings on it to identify the tint percent. they changed the legal limit to 50 percent for the fronts i believe? all i know is my dad has legal limit on his mustang and my windows are just as dark as his if not.. Then lighter than his. so i was a bit confused on that. but the windows DO look dark maybe has a bit to do with the tint on the Rear hatch window which makes just the inside of the car darker but idk?.
and the cop wasn't nice... First thing he did was come to my passanger window and pound on the fckn thing.. really??... real cool. Then he gets big attitude before i said a word. has smart comments. all he was doing was proving that people have a reason not to like cops... its people like him who put a bad Name into police enforcement.
With all that being said. thanks for the feedback everyone. and im working on everything that needs to be done with my budget Car payments from the loan and saving to moveout.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Supra350z

Originally Posted by MiracleAces
I love how cops are dicks just for doing their jobs.
he can do his job just as well being nice about it.. He could have gave me a ticket still but if he was nice... It would have been different. But he should have understood that we weren't doing anything harmful.. We were so close to home, we didn't know we couldn't drive it. we explained, any other cop would have let us go but its a state cop. iif he would have gave me a warning he would have gave me the Same message as giving me a ticket.. he tought me that its illegeal by all means to drive ANY car without plates even with just purchasing. and i didn't know that. So yeahh.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 AM
Supra350z

Old 06-18-2011, 11:43 AM
MiracleAces

Originally Posted by Supra350z
he can do his job just as well being nice about it.. He could have gave me a ticket still but if he was nice... It would have been different. But he should have understood that we weren't doing anything harmful.. We were so close to home, we didn't know we couldn't drive it. we explained, any other cop would have let us go but its a state cop. iif he would have gave me a warning he would have gave me the Same message as giving me a ticket.. he tought me that its illegeal by all means to drive ANY car without plates even with just purchasing. and i didn't know that. So yeahh.

I'm not defending his behavior, but think of it this way. Yeah, you're just 5 miles from home. But he has no idea who are or your mindset. What if you accidentally hit someone walking across the street and you freak out and drive off. There's no plate to identify you. That's just one example. It's up to you to look up the laws of buying a new car. Personally I've never heard of being able to drive a car at anytime without plates. Honestly if I was the cop I'd be pissed off seeing the tint, the tail lamps and no plate as soon as I spotted you too.

On a different note - enjoy the Z.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 AM
HANDSOME

Nice car !

Quick Reply: New member. First 350z