New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New Michigan Z Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
350FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Michigan Z Owner

Hi folks,

I've been trolling around on the forums for past few months and figured it was about time to get active.

So I bought my 2003 Brickyard Enthusiast back in early August. Had to go down to Columbus, Ohio to find a relatively low mileage vehicle in this color. I had no idea that Brickyard was a limited run color...just that it looked so good on the z!

I began noticing the gears grinding in the transmission and quickly realized that I should have found this forum before I went shopping for the vehicle!!

Well, it turns out that the dealer I bought it from (Buckeye Nissan) is pretty awesome. After 3 months of ownership they have just paid to replace my original transmission with a brand new cd09 version. The warranty I got with the vehicle covered the labor to fit it, along with a new the labor to fit a new clutch and flywheel and service the rear diff. All I had to do was choose the clutch and flywheel.

Did lots of reading on here and decided to go with an ACT combo (got an awesome price from THMotorsports.com) and man I couldn't be happier!!

The car is now shifting perfectly, no unusual noises when pressing the clutch pedal, no stuttering and slipping of the clutch. Just quick rising and falling revs and a super smooth clutch...even lighter to use than the worn out stock version it replaced.

So a big thank you to my fellow board members..invaluable help and advise is abundant on tis forum.

Looking forward to hanging out on here more and continuing to mod my new ride!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:28 PM
big_dish

Originally Posted by 350FTW
Hi folks,

I've been trolling around on the forums for past few months and figured it was about time to get active.

So I bought my 2003 Brickyard Enthusiast back in early August. Had to go down to Columbus, Ohio to find a relatively low mileage vehicle in this color. I had no idea that Brickyard was a limited run color...just that it looked so good on the z!

I began noticing the gears grinding in the transmission and quickly realized that I should have found this forum before I went shopping for the vehicle!!

Well, it turns out that the dealer I bought it from (Buckeye Nissan) is pretty awesome. After 3 months of ownership they have just paid to replace my original transmission with a brand new cd09 version. The warranty I got with the vehicle covered the labor to fit it, along with a new the labor to fit a new clutch and flywheel and service the rear diff. All I had to do was choose the clutch and flywheel.

Did lots of reading on here and decided to go with an ACT combo (got an awesome price from THMotorsports.com) and man I couldn't be happier!!

The car is now shifting perfectly, no unusual noises when pressing the clutch pedal, no stuttering and slipping of the clutch. Just quick rising and falling revs and a super smooth clutch...even lighter to use than the worn out stock version it replaced.

So a big thank you to my fellow board members..invaluable help and advise is abundant on tis forum.

Looking forward to hanging out on here more and continuing to mod my new ride!
Welcome... I love that color too. Post some pics.

I hope my dealership is as good as yours. I just bought mine last week and am suddenly having some big throttle hesitation issues. Tried cleaning MAF, injector cleaning w seafoam, and will try spark plugs. After that, its the clutch, and I REALLY hope they do the right thing and replace it for me if it comes down to that. You got really lucky they did that for you IMO!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:46 PM
AznSky

welcome! Not to take you away from my350z, but we have a local 350z club at www.greatlakeszclub.com all the members are on my350z as well, but we post up our local events on our forums.

Hope to see you around!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 PM
350FTW

Thanks guys,

I'm new to posting pics in forums also, so here goes:

This was the day I hauled it home...just gave it a thorough clean before these shots. I can't believe how good the paint looks for an 8 year old vehicle!

I have some plans to get the wheels restored and painted matte bronze...still undecided on the color..not sure exactly what will suit the Brickyard best.

AznSky, I'll be sure to check out the local forum. I'd like to get out do some road tours around Michigan...I've only lived here for 5 years and haven't ventured that far from the Metro Detroit area except for out of state drives on the freeway!
Attached Thumbnails New Michigan Z Owner-img_0300.jpg   New Michigan Z Owner-img_7131.jpg   New Michigan Z Owner-img_7132.jpg   New Michigan Z Owner-img_7139.jpg   New Michigan Z Owner-img_7140.jpg  

Old 11-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Bmurray350z

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Welcome to the site. Your car looks great!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:10 PM
ImWeeZzel
350Z-holic

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

The car looks great. Glad to hear some of the new members take the time to read the threads. Welcome to the forum.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wait wait....you drove to Ohio to buy a brickyard?
Old 11-22-2011, 10:15 PM
$LiK RiK

welcome
Old 11-23-2011, 04:47 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

nice brick!
Old 11-24-2011, 08:43 AM
DViper0020

Nice lookin z man! I'm from MI and I'm new to the z scene too! Is your car all stock?
Old 11-24-2011, 12:17 PM
350FTW

@ RMichael,

Sure did...I borrowed a pickup from work and hired a car hauler, drove the 5-6 hours to look at it then trailered it home. Made for a fun weekend! To be honest, I didn't go just for the color...it had to fit my budget too.....couldn't find any local dealerships selling anything that met my needs ;o)

@ DViper,

Yeah, other than the tinted windows and the new flywheel, clutch and trans it's bone stock. I'm about to fit a new set of DBA 4000 rotors with new pads and stainless lines...I'm taking care of the basic mechanicals before I start on exterior/interior upgrades. After the brakes I've got a Momentum CAI and Gemini exhaust in my sights!

Take it easy guys, happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-24-2011, 04:46 PM
DViper0020

I hear ya about the whole mechanical thing. The first things I plan on doing is a cai and exhaust too.
Old 11-24-2011, 08:10 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice find! Bricks are rare beasts. How low is the mileage?
Old 11-25-2011, 01:44 PM
350FTW

Would you guys consider 72k low miles for an '03? Most I found for sale had over 100k already..too high for my liking!
Old 11-25-2011, 03:12 PM
BAUSauto
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 350FTW
Would you guys consider 72k low miles for an '03? Most I found for sale had over 100k already..too high for my liking!
72k is definitely low!! Welcome to the forum! Let us know if you ever need anything!

- Ben
Old 11-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Bober'z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

welcome and congrats, nice brick