Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

True Life: I saved a Riced Out 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:13 PM
NinerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like these wheels for being 20s. I think it is b/c they are black and you dont notice how big they are. Unique in a good way!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:54 PM
theonly350

Originally Posted by illjim69
Maybe I missed it, but at what point did we reveal how much we "suck"? I didn't read anything out of line in this thread.

Wheels are still too big, but at least they aren't as noticeable like the last ones. Other than that, looks clean, nice job.
I'm only going to address this once and then we can move on. I never once said I had any "haters" so to the other comments I think you're off base here. My reference to people "sucking" on this site I meant only that there are some clear racist comments on this board. Such as "skinny tires like the brothers with the escalades" and all the pictures of Donk, lifted cars with 24 plus wheels on them, that were posted as well.

All in all I posted the pic so you have the right to your opinion and I'm obviously wondering what people think, so ill leave at it to each his own but keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Especially if you're a being a bigot. Thanks for the nice comments she's going lower with spacers soon enough!
Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 PM
theonly350

^^^and Jim this wasn't directed at you I'm just replying to your question.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:01 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

These wheels are much better. Good job. Offsets not bad, front slightly more tucked, but that's ok. So many bad opinions on this thread. Listen only to mine and those that agree with me.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM
labelworkshop75

You took a horrible Z. Made it decent. Now making it worse.

Loose the tail light tint FOR SURE. Buy 06+ tail lights. Slight drop. Offset is not correct, stop buying crap wheels. Def not 20's. Volk/Work/HRE. Close thread.

Last edited by labelworkshop75; 04-24-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:42 PM
labelworkshop75

less is more sometimes

Old 04-24-2013, 06:49 PM
mr. sparco

Received 454 Likes on 318 Posts

Rarely do you see 350zs pull off 20s nicely, this^ is one of them. You're not quite there yet, keep trying, the Axis wheels are still semi-rice, closer to tacky imo.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:22 PM
drvqz33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^Mesh design is teh seks!

and yes, simple is more.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

OP - you're taking the comments well. Many noobs run off crying saying how bad my350z suck lol but you came back for more
Your thread reminds me of Aussie Mick. If you haven't, read through the whole thread... it's quite entertaining

I don't know how you go about learning to modify your car, whether it's from this forum or through friends but you failed at buying the right width/offset wheels... otherwise you wouldn't need spacers... ON 20" wheels. This is why the donk pictures are posted and 20" wheels run on skinny/stretch/rubber band tires, especially on a lowered car and that's the troof... racism.

The damage is done (wheels purchased), now choose wisely on the size spacers and the drop you want to achieve. Since you're rolling on 20's, I suggest you go the hellflush route and slam your car... not lowered, SLAM!

GL mang
Old 04-25-2013, 10:01 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 449 Likes on 365 Posts

I like the wheels. Minus the centercaps being silver.
Agree with untinting the tails
Old 04-29-2013, 01:05 PM
theonly350

Y'all are hilarious. First off Axis sells these wheels especially for the 350Z the offsets are not incorrect...maybe it's not the stance, flush route that many people choose to go. I want to go with spacers to get the desired look when I go with coils though for sure. Remember your stock touring, track, wheels have similar inlaid offset and people get spacers for them all the time soooo Nissan is wrong?

Next point is COME ON MAN deal with the wheels did you really just suggest HRE wheels to replace my axis wheels? Yeah ok! Ill put 4gs out my **** real quick. Most you rock reps of nice wheels anyways that cost similar to axis wheels and immmmm the cheesy one here, hmmm. Mixed emotions....not sure if entire forum serious or not?
Old 04-29-2013, 02:30 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by theonly350
I'm only going to address this once and then we can move on. I never once said I had any "haters" so to the other comments I think you're off base here. My reference to people "sucking" on this site I meant only that there are some clear racist comments on this board. Such as "skinny tires like the brothers with the escalades" and all the pictures of Donk, lifted cars with 24 plus wheels on them, that were posted as well.

All in all I posted the pic so you have the right to your opinion and I'm obviously wondering what people think, so ill leave at it to each his own but keep your ignorant comments to yourself. Especially if you're a being a bigot. Thanks for the nice comments she's going lower with spacers soon enough!
For what it is worth, nobody said anything racist or bigoted, those words are overused today.

By the way, the "hater" reference wasn't directed at you, but the person at the top of page two. I probably should have quoted him to make it more clear.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:35 PM
illjim69

Received 545 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by theonly350
Y'all are hilarious. First off Axis sells these wheels especially for the 350Z the offsets are not incorrect...maybe it's not the stance, flush route that many people choose to go. I want to go with spacers to get the desired look when I go with coils though for sure. Remember your stock touring, track, wheels have similar inlaid offset and people get spacers for them all the time soooo Nissan is wrong?
Are you honestly trying to compare OEM wheels to aftermarket? They are designed with the offsets they are designed with for a reason, looks isn't it. People add spacers because OEM wheels don't come in different offsets.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:08 AM
theonly350

No, Jim...that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm just saying just because the wheels don't have aggressive offsets does not mean they weren't made for my car. The wheels I have are the correct offsets for the Z as made by Axis is what I'm saying. The wheels are 20x9 20 and 20x10 25.I wish I didn't have to defend everything I said on the board and we could get back to the car and the whole hey I'm new lets be friends thing...

I picked up new seats and a wheel from an 05 Touring that didn't need them and both are going in soon to replace the tired interior of the 03 with 96k. I'm stoked and will be using the write up on hooking up the power seats that's from this board. ill post updates as they come so y'all can flame my future modifications, lol only kidding....kinda.

Oh...I almost forgot y'all shamed me into untinting the tails, lol. I wasn't going to debadge the rear but that's coming soon as well. Again, ill post picture when everything is put in.

Last edited by theonly350; 04-30-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:55 AM
theonly350

So, I took the sub into the shop because it blew after a month he said its a common thread issue between the cone and wear it glued to the inside. I ended up paying the difference for the new version of the sub because of my warranty. I powered up the seats and put them in.

My results:

Old 05-02-2013, 03:32 AM
phreaktor
¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Your car looks better than a LOT of the black Zs here. Mild drop and it'll really set it off.. Thats why the wheels look proportionally "big"...
Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 AM
ksuberk54

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always wonder how all these ugly rims sell on some of these sites. Now I know how. You've had three different sets of the ugliest rims on earth.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Phenom
Toasty

Received 1,382 Likes on 990 Posts

OP finally got rid of those ceiling fan wheels but replaced them with this other set of 20 inch boat anchors.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:52 PM
theonly350

Originally Posted by ksuberk54
I always wonder how all these ugly rims sell on some of these sites. Now I know how. You've had three different sets of the ugliest rims on earth.
I bought the car with the original rims and replaced them immediately with the first set of Axis GTR 20s that were kinda dated but I got them from my friend with a G35. The second Axis Angle 20s came 3 months later when I found them so cheaply on Craigslist I gave it a shot, and to be honest once its lowered I think it will look nice. IMO concave wheels are coming back and will looks especially good when I add some spacers and drop it 2+ inches on Stance GR coilover or Ksports. Looking at Kinitix front and rear camber kits (toe arms, camber arms etc). This setup Im going with is kind of on the cheaper end of the spectrum i.e. used wheels etc but the car KBB's at 10Gs and has 96k so I am mostly going to have fun with this! Ill keep yall updated

Oh and I LOOOOVVVEEEEE having leather power seats now thanks to the write up. I am going to order the switches from the dealer and mold them into the center console and hook them up as well. All thanks to the write up on here!
Old 05-02-2013, 03:15 PM
AroundMyHorn

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Phenom
OP finally got rid of those ceiling fan wheels but replaced them with this other set of 20 inch boat anchors.
20's aren't bad on every car, it just looks pretty bad on Z because the car is relatively small. 19's fit the car best looks wise and always will.

Quick Reply: True Life: I saved a Riced Out 350Z