Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Wanting to get a 350

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM
huntinaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanting to get a 350

Hello all, I am wanting to get a 350z for daily driving. I have been looking for one on Craigslist for a month or so now. I want something with better gas mileage and a little more dependable than my 02 dodge Cummins. I am just wanting your input, anything you have for me. I chose the z because its sporty but dependable at the same time. Also I have wanted one for a long time! The other day I say a pearl 08 nismo, talked to the owner and fell in love with the car. Unfortunately on an 18 year olds budget I can't afford a nismo. My budget is about 12 grand max or what I will get out of my truck. Just wanting some of your guys input on getting one. If there is anything I should watch out for other than the normal when buying a car. If there are any year's that things went bad. I have been looking at one but it has lambo doors on it already. Personally I think they look good. But I am really worried about dependablity for everyday driving. But he also has the factory door hinges.

Thanks for the help,
Rhett
Old 02-22-2013, 08:14 PM
faiz23
FEZZZZZZ

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 02-22-2013, 08:31 PM
Emski

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Brace yourself.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:34 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

OP, better lube up.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:39 PM
huntinaz

Give it your best shot boys I got thick skin. I'm here to further my knowledge so I don't look like a douche. Thanks for your input guys all games aside.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:58 PM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

You were so hasty to post, you created a thread about the 350Z in the 370Z forum. Never mind the Buying/Leasing sub forum.

Your haste and general comments in your original post tell me you haven't done much (if any) research into this car. A simple search would reveal many issues with all the years of the Z. You are also coming to a place where people care about the overall image of their car - yet you indicate you want one of the most played out and riced mods for this car (lambo doors). I understand the subjectivity of it though, it's just very cliche.

Do some research, search for each year, and read the maintenance thread to see common issues.

Your lack of devotion and general sense of entitlement (you want all the answers handed to you without doing any of the work yourself) make you seem very immature. Around here, that is one of the major flaws that will get you flamed.

Last edited by Syner; 02-22-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:56 AM
huntinaz

Originally Posted by Syner
You were so hasty to post, you created a thread about the 350Z in the 370Z forum. Neverr mind the buying/Leasing sub forum.

Your haste and general comments in your original post tell me you haven't done much (if any) research into this car. A simple search would reveal many issues with all the years of the Z. You are also coming to a place where people care about the overall image of their car - yet you indicate you want one of the most played out and riced mods for this car (lambo doors). I understand the subjectivity of it though, it's just very cliche.

Do some research, search for each year, and read the maintenance thread to see common issues.

Your lack of devotion and general sense of entitlement (you want all the answers handed to you without doing any of the work yourself) make you seem very immature. Around here, that is one of the major flaws that will get you flamed.
Thanks for the input. But on a side note I love how you can say how immature I am from wherever you sit. Two posts and you feel the need to Judge me? Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes, but seriously, judge me for it.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:21 AM
Mikeman92

Originally Posted by huntinaz
Thanks for the input. But on a side note I love how you can say how immature I am from wherever you sit. Two posts and you feel the need to Judge me? Sorry if I stepped on anyones toes, but seriously, judge me for it.
Did you come to the forums expecting someone to give you an answer? I'm just curious.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:26 AM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

If anyone has came to these forums and read at all they would know that everyone that makes a post like this gets flamed for plenty of reasons. The main reasons, buying a z on a budget, buying the z and looking for cheap mods because of your budget, having your parents help you with a sports car, and last but definitely least!!!! Asking questions already answered on the forum!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:07 AM
huntinaz

First of all you **** bag I have saved up since I was 10 to pay for my ****in vehicle so stick it up your gaped ***. So there something ****in wrong with a hard working your man wanting to buy a nice car of a budget. Sorry I don't have the money to go buy a brand new z cuz I don't site behind a ****in computer and file my damn finger names. Flaming me because I asked a stupid question you have the reason. Telling me I'm sad for having my parents help me with a sports car when I've been working for my own **** cuz my dad raised me just fine. And glad to see there's soemthing wrong with doing **** on a budget
Old 02-23-2013, 06:13 AM
huntinaz

Originally Posted by Mikeman92
Did you come to the forums expecting someone to give you an answer? I'm just curious.
An opinion.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:30 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the site OP. Here goes.

No one cares how your dad raised you, but do some research before you start a redundant thread. This question, has literally been asked hundreds of times. Sure, we can all chime in and tell you, but that would be too easy. Getting free information here is like boss battle.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:35 AM
Mikeman92

Last edited by Mikeman92; 02-23-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:43 AM
Mikeman92

First of all you **** bag I have saved up since I was 10 to pay for my ****in vehicle so stick it up your gaped ***. So there something ****in wrong with a hard working your man wanting to buy a nice car of a budget. Sorry I don't have the money to go buy a brand new z cuz I don't site behind a ****in computer and file my damn finger names. Flaming me because I asked a stupid question you have the reason. Telling me I'm sad for having my parents help me with a sports car when I've been working for my own **** cuz my dad raised me just fine. And glad to see there's soemthing wrong with doing **** on a budget
I came here with the same idea. My first post was something to the effect of me being 20 years old and wanting to save up for a 350z.. Almost everyone was positive, helpful, and giving constructive criticism pertaining to better ideas. Telling me to save up, make sure I can do it, and ect.

On the other hand I didn't react the way you did to what people tell you. Posting in the wrong forum, asking a question many people have answered before, and maybe just people not being morning persons could have lead to the type of answers you have gotten. Not to mention your "bring it on" attitude towards other forum members. I've been on many forums and half the reason I want the Z is due to the nice community. Sure people will get on you about certain things, and there's always someone out there with different taste. Expect criticism, even if you have a nice car (w/e you get it). If you wanted an opinion about the money, ask your dad, I'm sure he's had a **** ton of experience like my father has with cars/dealers.

I'm on the forums every day to learn all I can about the 350Z I want, to make sure I can get the best deal, understand modding it, price ranges, give my opinions, learn to fix something broken, and overall be a part of the community.

Just do some research first, man. The forums are an interesting place.

Last edited by Mikeman92; 02-23-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:35 AM
huntinaz

I don't have a problem with the ads chewing I have a problem with the judging. I said bring it on to said forum member, that's fine in my opinion just like its fine in your opinion to say lube up and here it comes like its a big joke. Listen I came here to get useful info. If you wanna tell me to use the search function its pretty simple. Just say that, that previous guy judging me for this and that. I came her to learn about the car. Not to be sized down or looked down at. I realize most of you didn't do anything and sorry if I affended you. Like I said thanks for your input. For the guy tthat's wanted to chop we down, I don't care what you think. I'm a kid, everyone is at one time. You were too....
Old 02-23-2013, 08:39 AM
huntinaz

Originally Posted by angelo350z
Welcome to the site OP. Here goes.

No one cares how your dad raised you, but do some research before you start a redundant thread. This question, has literally been asked hundreds of times. Sure, we can all chime in and tell you, but that would be too easy. Getting free information here is like boss battle.
Exactly what I was looking for, thank you and I appreciate it. I will do some research.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:25 AM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

OP, if your on a budget, which there's nothing wrong with, good luck finding cheap mods for the z, they don't really exist. The z is by no means a cheap car to mod and since your budget is low it's going to limit you to 03-04 350z with high mileage that may or may not need maintenance mechanically or cosmetically. Oh and make sure you get full coverage if you buy a z. If you cannot afford full coverage then you cannot afford a Z.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:34 AM
faiz23
FEZZZZZZ

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/2003-2009-n...zs-debate.html
Old 02-23-2013, 11:36 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you and I appreciate it. I will do some research.
happy researching and good luck getting the Z.

you will find many informative threads here. you just have to look.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 PM
ZMoneyPIT

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

You got mad? I was telling you what people get flamed for to inform you for future notice. Before you call someone a **** bag at least understand what the h3ll they were trying to tell you!

And welcome to the forums d1ck head!

Quick Reply: Wanting to get a 350