Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

New 2007 6MT Enthusiast!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2016, 09:04 PM
johnweythek

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 2007 6MT Enthusiast!

Just got a GREAT Z, I've had it for a mere 4 days but I'm in love. Found my beauty with only 63K miles and totally stock.

While it's my 1st Z, it's not my first Nissan. My 1st car was a 93 Maxima SE, then a 92 Toyota Camry LE, then an E30 325i, 96 240SX, then a 92 Honda Prelude (with JDM H22, short ratio trans, LSD) and now the logical evolution to the mighty Z. Yeah, you didn't ask but i'm proud of my roster.

I was looking for the enthusiast because I didn't want heavy leather and BOSE, but NEED cruise and TCS so i'm not immediately collecting tickets and accidents. I tested plenty of earlier models with transmissions that were mostly a bag of rocks and noise, finally found a super clean 07 in the darker "carbon silver". Love everything about it aside from the (lack of) view out the back, but who needs to look back when forward is coming up so quick!

I've been over every tiny piece of the car and everything looks great, no leaks, squeaks, or rust, but there was a pile of leaves in the air-boxes along with the ORIGINAL air filters, luckily all the fluids are fresh and the other "consumables" under the hood and everywhere else are in good shape. I'm sure it sped up after the much needed change, throttle is more responsive as well.

I CANNOT believe this car is almost 10 years old. Yes, my last car was a '92 and has 250k miles (less on engine, trans). Yes it's old enough to rent it's own car, but omg the Z!

For the car i've been admiring since 1st release claiming to be the best sports car to dollar ratio, I didn't expect so much technology and luxury items. Love opening my windows with the keyfob, love returning to visibly cold nissan A/C, auto dimming rear view, all the little accent lights, i could go on all night. Of course the thing i love the most is the HUGE serving of torque through any gear. What a kick in the pants!

I hope i find a great community here, posts i've read so far are mostly helpful, civil, and intelligent.

As far as any introductory questions, I guess just point me toward problems, issues, or fun facts specific to the revised 2007/8 model.

See you all in the forums!