Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

zwei_the_c's Introduction & New HR Z33 (+Photo Dump)

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2020, 11:27 PM
DarkZ03

Received 490 Likes on 410 Posts

CF covers for bat and brake, and CF radiator plate to finish it off.
Old 03-09-2020, 02:09 AM
zwei_the_c

Received 131 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by DarkZ03
Ztoyz for caps I think
Seems to be out of business.

Originally Posted by 813_350Z
What about wrapping the strut bar in the gold? Good contrast against the CF cover, but too much gold maybe?
I do have a lot of gold tape left, I'm not against it, but I'm trying to reason if it'll do any good (nah, it'll just look pretty though)

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
wire tuck time
That sounds like a time-sink, I wouldn't know the first thing to start with, I'll look around to it for fun.

CF covers for bat and brake, and CF radiator plate to finish it off.
I second this. This in conjunction of gold strut bar (it's just for looks, won't gain anything from it)
Right amount of CF / Gold. APR CF Plate, as for the covers, I don't know where to look.

I should point out that I do have a Cusco DE plate, and I have been trimming it to fit to the HR Z. I still can't fit it, so I don't know if I'll get the APR CF to fit the HR either...

Update:
HKS released more items on Evasive Motorsports / CZP. Check it out!

Old 05-04-2020, 01:08 AM
zwei_the_c

Howdy,

So I haven't lost interest in the Z, in fact, I feel great about it! Remember that beat up rear bumper of mine? Yes, so I finally went around to replacing it with another #G41 OEM rear bumper in excellent shape, minus some scratches. I ordered a Dual Action Polisher with compounds/pads, so I will be doing a paint correction on the entire car, if I have some time and funding, possibly Ceramic Coating.

New Bumper on: No more gaps or damage.

I recently ordered some missing puzzles. I have new Works Bell short hub en route, just picked up a used suede Sparco R345, low price of $50 with a treat of a long drive up a twisty canyon run to the seller's mansion. (It was Topanga Canyon, next to Malibu in SoCal) So add my Works Bell QTC, I'll be installing the steering wheel aspect this week. Missing horn button & screws.

EDIT: After this post, I mated them up on the Quick-Tilt, super fun and flawless. Love hearing that loud click!

I was able to finally fit my Cusco cooling plate on, took a year sitting. I am looking at finding some used K-Harness bar, so I can finish up the interior for now. Still no info on my Recaro SPG new seat cover, which I ordered in Nov., 2019. Says I should get info on it by May 15th...? Meanwhile, I do fancy HKS a lot, so I decided to get their soft shell jacket that I'm excited from Concept Z Performance. Oddly thought they have them in stock, but I only gotten the short hub on the way by itself. I also gotten the idea from RustyChopShop to visit Lowes and pick up a can of gloss chrome paint for my power steering cap/windshield cap, why not, no need to shell out $60 for titanium caps, yes I found some. *cough* PM me if you guys are looking for some 4" Titanium intake piping for $250 each. Make that engine bay, pop!

EDIT: So I decided to paint caps in gloss silver chrome. I'll be removing the OEM hardwares and repaint them in gloss gold. With COVID, why not. I don't play on dropping $400 for a set of hardwares anytime soon or at all.

Think I'll do the strut bar in some kind of gun metal color or rose gold paint.

Now, here's an important question. What reason should I stay with True Coilover vs going to OEM-Style coilover? I found a sweet opportunity to cash in on a set of HKS IV SP oem-style coilover on UpGarage for $600. Being an HKS fan, I ask that myself if I should act as I didn't see that or act on it and revert to oem style away from my track series coilover (Megan Racing) I don't track, yet.

Also... I am looking for Top Secret windshield banner... in gold please, might sell some things and also pick up some Top Secret oil cap with Top Secret Aerocatch latches after I get them clear-coated so the logo won't fade to wear/sun.

I'll upload photos later. It's boring with no photos to indulge yourself in.

Last edited by zwei_the_c; 05-05-2020 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:36 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 374 Likes on 280 Posts

If you aren't going super low, the oem style will be fine. Only thing to consider when deciding true or not is how much adjustments you want to add later to dial in your alignment the way you want. This is the reason i went true style.
Old 05-05-2020, 06:11 PM
zwei_the_c

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
If you aren't going super low, the oem style will be fine. Only thing to consider when deciding true or not is how much adjustments you want to add later to dial in your alignment the way you want. This is the reason i went true style.
True, I'd love to do this. But I do need that adjustability as I am going to be playing wheel fitment.

My Z isn't crazy low, but it's low. I'll not do this. I'll wait for a true-style to pop up one of these days, if not new. I added picture of the HKS IV SP up above in my post, threw in some photos.

For now: Here's me showing off them AMG brakes.

The following 2 users liked this post by zwei_the_c:
rustyschopshop (05-10-2020), Zelduh (05-06-2020)
Old 05-09-2020, 06:56 PM
DarkZ03

Ti cap huh? Titanium is ridiculous I have a combo of SS, Ti and Aluminum hardware. A relatively cheap and decent option is the NRG stuff, I have that for headlights, bumper and other front end stuff.
The following users liked this post:
zwei_the_c (05-16-2020)
Old 07-24-2020, 01:18 AM
zwei_the_c

Hit 156K Miles; Need to replace valve covers asap, gallery gasket are OK. End of Maintenance Needed.

Went Canyons, shot some pictures. Visited Crestline & Arrowhead, a little bit of a let down compared to Big Bear drive. I don't recall if I done anything else, I do know I installed Cusco cooling plate. I'm not in a position right now to keep buying car parts as the situation coexisting with COVID-19, really taking a toll on my finances. I will have to wrestle it out for a bit longer.

The A/T is now making some noises like clings. I need to start prepping' for the M/T swap. Should be a whole new animal, and a whole lot of fun I imagine.

AMG Brembo 8-POT / 370Z Sports Rotor (100% Pad Coverage) I will be buying Endless MX72 next! (Yes, they make them for these calipers!)

I did install new Recaros SPG Profis seat cover for the driver side, waited for 6-8 months from Recaros. I learn that the seat covers are: Made in Mexico. I bought new seat cushion, I didn't find cushion for your lower back. I only found a 1-piece universal one for like $200. A little too pricey. Just itching for some harness bar and some Willans 6-PT harness for that street creds points!

Overall, I think when the situation is most favorable, I will look into doing probably the most funnest part. I will look into the MCR hood with the VIS Powerhouse Amuse Supperlegguera with a wet-carbon Esprit 1850mm GT wing. That being after MCR side mirrors and harness/bar.

My Biggest Z inspiration: Amuse x Garage Mak x Esprit x MCR

Old 07-24-2020, 03:35 AM
DarkZ03

Midnight purple, you know I got mad that I forgot of the existence of midnight purple when I had my car painted. Since then I have seen Zs in that color and I'm like meh, doesn't look as good as GTRs.
I like that hood but way too played out for my taste but you got an HR so it's more fitting. Doesn't VIS have terrible fitment?
Old 07-24-2020, 11:03 AM
zwei_the_c

Midnight purple, you know I got mad that I forgot of the existence of midnight purple when I had my car painted. Since then I have seen Zs in that color and I'm like meh, doesn't look as good as GTRs.
I like that hood but way too played out for my taste but you got an HR so it's more fitting. Doesn't VIS have terrible fitment?
Are you sure you're seeing Z on the roads in painted LV4? All the Z I've seen with Midnight Purple are all wrapped, in its own way played out, but even worse with no mods or very little mods, like someone has to go out there and hold patent rights to apply LV4 wrap if your car passes an inspection worthy of running LV4.

MCR Hood, I want the actual MCR hood, from what I seen, there's a large amount of "Fly1 Renegade" replica hood everywhere. This kinda deter me a little, but I figured I get the MCR ver. and apply a large "MCR" logo on the forefront of the hood as a statement. That or the AMS-style hood that goes with Amuse.

So I spoken with BrainMc, he said the fitment is on point with VIS and it comes pre-drilled with supplied hardware. I hear VIS have good fitment overall. If I'm going to cough up money in 8K range, I rather go all-out on Garge Mak instead of Amuse.
Old 07-24-2020, 12:04 PM
zwei_the_c

The Evolution of BBK

The following 2 users liked this post by zwei_the_c:
jhc (07-24-2020), mr. sparco (12-20-2021)
Old 07-24-2020, 11:09 PM
DarkZ03

Originally Posted by zwei_the_c
Are you sure you're seeing Z on the roads in painted LV4? All the Z I've seen with Midnight Purple are all wrapped, in its own way played out, but even worse with no mods or very little mods, like someone has to go out there and hold patent rights to apply LV4 wrap if your car passes an inspection worthy of running LV4.

MCR Hood, I want the actual MCR hood, from what I seen, there's a large amount of "Fly1 Renegade" replica hood everywhere. This kinda deter me a little, but I figured I get the MCR ver. and apply a large "MCR" logo on the forefront of the hood as a statement. That or the AMS-style hood that goes with Amuse.

So I spoken with BrainMc, he said the fitment is on point with VIS and it comes pre-drilled with supplied hardware. I hear VIS have good fitment overall. If I'm going to cough up money in 8K range, I rather go all-out on Garge Mak instead of Amuse.
Good point, I saw one on IG and they said they had to do some sanding so I imagine it's paint.
The whole fake wide body, exposed carbon panels and renegade hood is super played out, I loathe wrapped cars too. All of that was what lead me to get the Varis hood, you will be hard pressed to find another Z running it nowadays, it's rare. Carbon goes so well with the KAD paint on my car too, kind of a stealth color, many will think its Silverstone until my car is parked next to one lol. I know the fitment is on point for his kits but I don't know if it's like that brand wide. I would say go JDM if you can afford it, their fitment is always on point.
zwei_the_c (07-25-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 01:55 PM
zwei_the_c

Had a issue where the hatch open itself on its own, then the next day, the hatch will no longer latch. Terrible experience. Almost made me set car on fire for its annoyance.

Opened everything up in rear area, checked wiring and grounds, very good. Pull actuator, the gears were stuck. Took out a broken teeth jamming the gears. Everything is very good like new now. No more issues. Very good, almost went to install aero catch on trunk for problem solving.

I have ordered Recaros steel side brackets to replace Buddy Club brackets but will reuse rails. I want a more Recaro-finished product. I think... it may fit. Intended for Recaro Pole Position but I have SPG. I think it will be OK. HKS soft shell jacket has arrived, it's very good quality. I recommend you buy as well, however take note it is Japanese size. I ordered a "M", it is a snug fit. I am 5' 6-7" @ 140 lbs, all muscle mass.

Currently, not having enough time to fix my O2 fouler/spacer/extender. I ordered L-shaped O2 spacer for my HFC Kinetix. I went from "too rich" on Bank 1 & 2. Now I am only "too lean" on Bank 2. I will have to drill a larger hole into the O2 spacer I think on Bank 2 (driver side). SMOG is past due, paid on time, need do smog. You have ideas or OEM 370Z cats for borrow? Pay for rental.

Self-Thoughts: I had been thinking to myself some sometime about the possibility of a part out to stock, to sell the Z & buy a cheap Nismo 350Z. Idea was that I get a manual gearbox with no work needed. But I issues is I plan on modifying it, including removing the Nismo body panels so maybe not for me. I really like the GPS NAV. because it really completes the interior and look modern with the frost color interior. I think I am happy as-is, to keep the car and the work later instead.
Old 08-15-2020, 01:10 AM
DarkZ03

FWIW I don't think going from one 350 to another is worth the hassle, but I assume the chassis is the same and it would be relatively easy to do a manual swap? You could also consider a DCT swap as well...
zwei_the_c (08-15-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 02:35 AM
zwei_the_c

FWIW I don't think going from one 350 to another is worth the hassle, but I assume the chassis is the same and it would be relatively easy to do a manual swap? You could also consider a DCT swap as well...
Is there a kit for the DCT? Seems awfully an headache. Driving the EVO X with DCT, awful in low speed; very jerky.

In a very mixed feeling of what's happening...
Bought a pair of OEM headlights, very clean (driver side top coat is peeling though), installed on the car. I loved the custom headlights, I think I will personally miss them from time to time. I have sold off my custom headlights for $620, pending to be shipped. I can 'always' do another one I tell myself.

Alas, it looks good. I missed the OEM look. I'll just have to see, I mean it looks great, but it makes everything else bland around it. TLR, I need some damn vented hood to make it all flow nicely with the OEM headlights. The custom ones flows nicely with a smooth hood and everything else being OEM.

Alright, here's the thing. I saw these Powerhouse Amuse R1 Titan w/ R1 Titan Y-pipe for a relatively low price. Currently the auction ended without a buyer, only a matter of time before it goes again for sale or I PM the seller.

Given I sold the headlights, I am also going to attempt to make a push and try to land a shot at scooping these up if they can get posted for resale with the funding needed, this is the key point.That being said, I am selling my Stillen y-pipe, Tanabe Medallion exhaust, ID 1000cc Fuel Injectors, Torqx polisher/buffer machine; "possibly" Injen CAI, MacBook Pro or whatever I need to close the gap. I always wanted the R1 exhaust. I think it be really nice... this is my end-game exhaust set-up. I plan on keeping it for the life of the car (including F/I if it gets boosted)

There is an HKS IV SP coilover that. popped up locally, might think about that. Need to think about it only due to being "OEM" style. I like being low (1.25" off ground) and plan on going 295/35/18 - 305/35/18 on the rears (x10.5" +12) so I don't know if I need that true-style adjustability for toe correction. Would really like someone to chime in about this, I'll ask around in other community.

Last edited by zwei_the_c; 08-27-2020 at 02:43 AM.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:48 PM
zwei_the_c

Happy New Years,

I’ve returned! Behold, my successful purchase.
The mighty Powerhouse Amuse R1 Titan, along with its partner R1 Titan y-pipe.

The y-pipe is an interesting piece, it’s two-piece held together with the titanium springs that allows some movements. I think it’s in favor of the flex joints but it’s only moves lateral not at any angles.

I have it off at the moment, any questions, ask now!
The tip is about 4.5” each I think. It’s huge. And the y-pipe is extremely stupid light.

PS - If anyone has gaskets, please let me buy them! I want it on now!

zeethreethree (01-10-2021)
Old 01-21-2021, 01:30 PM
zwei_the_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3X...ature=youtu.be
Old 02-02-2021, 11:23 PM
zwei_the_c

Well, I did a thing. Bought my "dream" coiler set-up. I'll be installing it very soon, not even going to wait for dust boots.

Now, I'll be listing my Megan Racing Tracks up. I hear Megan doesn't are underdampered so I'm excited to feel what these HKS IV SP are all about!
Additionally, I made an order with Outcast Garage in SoCal for some brand new Berk High-Flow Cats for the Z.

My Kinetix Racing HFC are old and giving me CEL. My tags are paid, but overdue for Smog since August in 2020. I haven't been discovered yet!
I reckon I'll put the Berks on, drive it around and go get a regular emission testing and pay the normal "smog" fee of $50...

The following 3 users liked this post by zwei_the_c:
ChildishhZ (02-04-2021), DarkZ03 (02-03-2021), rustyschopshop (02-12-2021)
Old 02-07-2021, 08:06 PM
zwei_the_c

Install going down. Measured it to match my Megans, but due to the helper springs, I ended up tucking my tires under the fenders. Not exactly what I was looking for due to daily driver along with an expensive exhaust system. I'll be adjusting the settings tonight.

Looking good, was a big hassle with oversized bushings in general. I'll be looking into Stance Air Cups for the front axle. Need some help measuring.

Using Windex to clean down the Powerhouse Amuse R1 Titan system. Y-pipe got some scapes and dents... making me nervous about that.

Old 04-11-2021, 07:07 PM
zwei_the_c

Thumbs up

Picked up some strut towers... I picked up Cusco and GT Spec which the carbon fiber one. Which one would you guys run? I'm leaning toward the GT Spec one. Only issue it was made for the DE. Which sits lower than our HRs engine. I'll try the washer trick, but it looks like I need to run 4 pcs of washer each bolt, which means I need to run an extended bolt, which I gotta order online...

A closer look. GT Spec needs reclear or the Cusco blue plates needs to get powerdercoated black, which ever I run with.

Mail came in from Japan.

Installed with Cusco. Trying it out.

Not installed, but test fitted, the GT Spec tower. The intake pipe clamp is loose I know, so I can wiggle the bar in and out.

I've picked up two sets of Toyo Proxies R888 305/35/R18 and running. They poke a tiny bit but it looks really good! Also, I swapped out Rays Dura lug nuts for Nismo lug nuts (forgot photos) which are forged steel, which weighs like bricks compared to the Rays nuts. Up front, are 275/35/R18.

I think I'm going to sell off the Cusco tower if the washer trick works... but I am selling off my Cusco radiator cooling plate! I'm going to pick up some APR carbon fiber cooling plate instead. What do you think? Perfect right? or too much? After that, I'll look into getting the ARC Overflow Reservoir/Catch Tank.... I think that will really complete the engine bay. Tit. hardwares is up in the air still for me. Just expensive, I think gold hardware would be the final touch.

Below is one of my inspiration for the engine bay. It's so clean and gorgeous. Titanium piping sure would look nice on the Z.

I also need some input. Anyone ever ran or heard of Powerhouse Amuse R1000 Test pipes in person? Bulletproof Automotive has them for sale for G37 for $6XX.
I would like some inputs. I already ordered Berks HFC to keep tame. I am running Amuse R1 Titan y-pipe and R1 Titan exhaust... so I feel this pressure to keep it Amuse-only exhaust. On another note, I also feel like for $6XX, I could just get Tomei titanium test pipes instead of Stainless Steel R1000 test pipes. Insert shrug face here...

Old 04-11-2021, 08:17 PM
DarkZ03

I would suggest the Carbing bar, looks good and has enough clearance to clear a spacer IIRC. Don't know if it works for HRs for sure tho. I understand the need to keep a certain brand but generally I hate catless systems. I was fully ready to buy the ridiculously priced Tomei cats but they were discontinued before I pulled the trigger.

Quick Reply: zwei_the_c's Introduction & New HR Z33 (+Photo Dump)