Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 12:02 PM
Adamlid93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Z ownership and the after experiences ,maintenance help etc

Hi everyone ,

new to the Z forums and ownership of the car

i love it it's amazing and is my dream car ,

im posting as I've been reading the forums on here for a while before I purchased as well as after.

i purchased around 1 month ago and loved every minute.

It has 85k on it and. 2 previous owners

Some things I've noticed it's a big drinker I've read about that and not even sad the drive well makes up for it .

the modifications it has are a custom exhaust It says Cat back on the guarantee Is this better or not ? It's also got a pipercross induction Kit.

i have put a new stereo in for sat back etc and speakers as the Bose didn't play well with the new stereo . I did read this is common and read busters mod but I still wasn't happy.

im all electronics not engine so really I'm after advice on how to car for the car and what issues I may face .

ive had it looked at and it's had a recent oil change service etc .

my questions are how often should I change oil / filter I do short 5 10 mile journeys
Also how to maintain foam air filters and how to maintain the rest of the fluids if I have to.

I've read scary things about an engine knock or something I'm worried about this my engine seems fine but I want to prevent it.

also cold starting and driving etc should I do anything different I tend to let it warm up while setting phone up etc .

I've noticed my engine does have a slight ticking noise it's not to loud to me it sounds like any other car I've had but I see some people seem to show this as an issue .

Sorry for the long post being my first any help on how to care I greatly appreciate any advice I'll also share any experiences I've had or am having to help others

Thanks
Adam

Old 05-04-2019, 01:56 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Really, a 350Z, as much as they are the "featured" car here, isn't anything more special than any other car as far as maintenance and fixes. You needn't treat it any differently than any other car. Download the FSM and that will answer every question you have. Get the one for your country. There's a pretty healthy following for the Zed there so there's much support in the UK.
The following users liked this post:
Adamlid93 (05-04-2019)
Old 05-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Spike100

Received 203 Likes on 173 Posts

Sounds as though you are doing well with your new car.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:47 PM
Adamlid93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks I'll download that today and have a good look through it