Notices
New Owners Welcome to the Family!

350z de oil pressure question

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2019 | 08:15 AM
Portal

I've allso heard that. As far as You reading internet about 350z, it's hard to not notice it.
Do You know somethink more about thoose problems?
It's showing inaccurate number or completely zero/max?

Last edited by Portal; 10-24-2019 at 08:17 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Longryder (10-24-2019)
Old 10-24-2019 | 12:33 PM
epenbecks

Mine showing max, all the way to the right lol. But i don't really care about that one because i know i just swap my engine and of course new oil.
My oil pressure sensor doesnt work and my fuel gauge also not working properly
Longryder (10-24-2019)
Old 10-24-2019 | 07:25 PM
Longryder

Default Oil pressure sensor switch

I bought a 2004 touring coupe , I flew from Oregon to California to pick her up . Right after I started driving back to Oregon, I noticed my oil pressure gauge pegged over 120psi, it was as far over as it could go. I thought man , she’s gonna blow up . I pulled into a gas station and started googling the symptoms. Basically they said drive it home . For the 20 hour trip I stopped at every rest stop and kept checking for over heating, oil leaks, anything that would tell me “stop”. Never had an issue . Drove her home . Changed the oil, oil filter, oil pan gasket, oil pressure sensor switch. And while I was down there and had her on jack stands, I looked up into her engine and looked at her gaskets and old oil . I couldn’t find anything bad . So I put her back together and she’s fine . Oh, and she has 203,869 miles on her. My oil pressure sits at 14-25 at idle and a little more driving about 25. Their famous for needing the oil pressure sensor switch replaced. Thx everyone, I dig being here.

This is my babes 2004 Nissan 350 Z Touring Coupe

Front shot

Headlights polished

Headlights polished

Engine bay detailed

Battery cover replace

Brake cover replace

New windshield wiper reservoir cap

Detailed and cabin air filter replaced. Oil change, oil filter, oil pan gasket replaced, engine bay splash guards under shroud replace, wheel well liners front and rear driver side. Splash guards and mud flaps drivers side and passenger side front and rear wheel wells. I fought with myself about replacing them . Their the first thing to go hitting a speed bump or any high spot on the road. I decided to replace them .
Old 10-24-2019 | 09:38 PM
epenbecks

Originally Posted by Longryder
I bought a 2004 touring coupe , I flew from Oregon to California to pick her up . Right after I started driving back to Oregon, I noticed my oil pressure gauge pegged over 120psi, it was as far over as it could go. I thought man , she’s gonna blow up . I pulled into a gas station and started googling the symptoms. Basically they said drive it home . For the 20 hour trip I stopped at every rest stop and kept checking for over heating, oil leaks, anything that would tell me “stop”. Never had an issue . Drove her home . Changed the oil, oil filter, oil pan gasket, oil pressure sensor switch. And while I was down there and had her on jack stands, I looked up into her engine and looked at her gaskets and old oil . I couldn’t find anything bad . So I put her back together and she’s fine . Oh, and she has 203,869 miles on her. My oil pressure sits at 14-25 at idle and a little more driving about 25. Their famous for needing the oil pressure sensor switch replaced. Thx everyone, I dig being here.
203k miles? nice and enjoy your Z.
Now you know it just the sensor. Just like any other car that has no oil pressure gauge, just keep changing the oil regular, with 'good' full synthetic and you should be good
Longryder (10-24-2019)
Old 10-25-2019 | 01:03 AM
Portal

Longryder, wow that's nice part of story mate. Thank's for sharing it to us.
I can see You rly like Your Z and that's most important of having a car. Doesn't matter how hard the car is tuned, doesn't matter how nice bodykit You u installed - the point is to keep car clean, fresh and good maintain. Even the best turbo, rocketbunny looks sh*t when they have rusted fenders, window seals sticking out etc.

Keep on taking good care of it and I hope You will get next 200k miles!
Old 10-25-2019 | 03:00 AM
Longryder

Default Z lover

Yeah man . I’ve been a Z fan since the first 240Z was introduced to America. You could buy a 240Z for 3,000.00 right off of the showroom floor.The 260Z was a major headache for owners. 280Z I had two of them. A 79 2+2 California model and a 78 , the 78 was a car that sat in garage for most of its life. It had 20 thousand miles on it. It was clean. White with a black interior. I picked it up for 1,500.00 the lady just wanted to let it go to someone who’d take care of her. So yeah , I’m a Z fan , lover for sure . I’m taking my time with babes and doing it right. I dig being here . Thanks 🙏 Geno(Longryder)
Old 10-25-2019 | 01:03 PM
Portal

wow Longryder, that's another great part. Great to hear there's still ppl like that. A life owner...
Many carguys swaping their car, sometimes between JDM cars, sometimes it's only about germans. Some of them trying everywhere; having a musce than a Japan etc... Thoose people usualy still looking for their "bonds" or can't stay for a long with one car - needing somethink new every few years. That's what in my personal view is: sad...
What I believe, is every car guy should have his own loved car, taking care of this model for decades (like for a pet - make sure this model will survive to show it after 40 years). Indeed he should allso have another cars, like to follow all new performance technologies, turbos, V8's etc. But still he should have his own "oasis" of perfection.

My story start with Mazda 323F from 2001. BJ version after lifting, with 2.0i DOHC engine. In states, You call it Mazda Protege5. I bought it because I was allready Japanese fan and my family told me it's good car to buy as a 1st one, because it won't use too much fuel, it's easy to repair and it won't make any problem. Indeed after a few years I fall in love. It has only 131PK but still, with such light body it has a small "claw". I drove the car arround 6-7 years and I had an accident. At trafic lights the guy totaled my Protege.
Thoose time's i had just 2 weeks to buy another car withour rly supreme budget. I couldn't find nothink special from Type-R badge or nothink royal like Skyline or Silvia... All my friends was BMW fans (and indeed as a young kid i wanted to have a e46 Coupe), they was pushing me to try a german "machine". Because I couldn't find nothink good from JDM cars in thoose 2 weeks I tried a e46... Now I'm 4th year with my 328Ci and I'm absolutely love it. Way it looks, way I'm feeling sitting inside. At the begining I had alot of nervous for this model because it didn't handle like JDM cars. It cost quite much to "glue" this 328 into the asphalt but after good wheels, with branded tires, coilovers, joints etc; it start to drive like i wanted to.
At this moment I'm pushing to finaly install a turbo and wide body kit (Rocket Bunny), but to start, I need another car to drive me into work, shop etc.

Here "Zed" began...
Since I realy was a kid, from all car's I've ever seen - I mostly loved to have 350Z. In thoose time's I was too Young to have a driver license, even if - I couldn't afford of having it. I never sit in this car, I never drove it but from all materials I've ever seen about the "zed", i knew that's the one I want to own; when I'm going to be an adult.
After all of thoose years, I'm nearly 32 and I can easily afford old Nissan. During searching for one for me, I was testing (1st time in life) several Z's: bad, good, cheap, expencive and there's one thing I have to admit: I didn't dissapoint on this model. It is like I thought, that's the car I want to have, period.
I'm still bussy with buying it and I can't find one I want to own, but there's going to be a time...
At the end I just know I want to have a Rocket Bunny e46 and Rocket Bunny 350Z; one with angel eyes, another with demon look. If You like phantasy it's a bit like having one car which is subtle, kind but still with a "claw" for his driver and another one: a gore brute to rape the asphalt at midnight runs.
Old 10-25-2019 | 01:56 PM
Longryder

Default Dream car

Originally Posted by Portal
wow Longryder, that's another great part. Great to hear there's still ppl like that. A life owner...
Many carguys swaping their car, sometimes between JDM cars, sometimes it's only about germans. Some of them trying everywhere; having a musce than a Japan etc... Thoose people usualy still looking for their "bonds" or can't stay for a long with one car - needing somethink new every few years. That's what in my personal view is: sad...
What I believe, is every car guy should have his own loved car, taking care of this model for decades (like for a pet - make sure this model will survive to show it after 40 years). Indeed he should allso have another cars, like to follow all new performance technologies, turbos, V8's etc. But still he should have his own "oasis" of perfection.

My story start with Mazda 323F from 2001. BJ version after lifting, with 2.0i DOHC engine. In states, You call it Mazda Protege5. I bought it because I was allready Japanese fan and my family told me it's good car to buy as a 1st one, because it won't use too much fuel, it's easy to repair and it won't make any problem. Indeed after a few years I fall in love. It has only 131PK but still, with such light body it has a small "claw". I drove the car arround 6-7 years and I had an accident. At trafic lights the guy totaled my Protege.
Thoose time's i had just 2 weeks to buy another car withour rly supreme budget. I couldn't find nothink special from Type-R badge or nothink royal like Skyline or Silvia... All my friends was BMW fans (and indeed as a young kid i wanted to have a e46 Coupe), they was pushing me to try a german "machine". Because I couldn't find nothink good from JDM cars in thoose 2 weeks I tried a e46... Now I'm 4th year with my 328Ci and I'm absolutely love it. Way it looks, way I'm feeling sitting inside. At the begining I had alot of nervous for this model because it didn't handle like JDM cars. It cost quite much to "glue" this 328 into the asphalt but after good wheels, with branded tires, coilovers, joints etc; it start to drive like i wanted to.
At this moment I'm pushing to finaly install a turbo and wide body kit (Rocket Bunny), but to start, I need another car to drive me into work, shop etc.

Here "Zed" began...
Since I realy was a kid, from all car's I've ever seen - I mostly loved to have 350Z. In thoose time's I was too Young to have a driver license, even if - I couldn't afford of having it. I never sit in this car, I never drove it but from all materials I've ever seen about the "zed", i knew that's the one I want to own; when I'm going to be an adult.
After all of thoose years, I'm nearly 32 and I can easily afford old Nissan. During searching for one for me, I was testing (1st time in life) several Z's: bad, good, cheap, expencive and there's one thing I have to admit: I didn't dissapoint on this model. It is like I thought, that's the car I want to have, period.
I'm still bussy with buying it and I can't find one I want to own, but there's going to be a time...
At the end I just know I want to have a Rocket Bunny e46 and Rocket Bunny 350Z; one with angel eyes, another with demon look. If You like phantasy it's a bit like having one car which is subtle, kind but still with a "claw" for his driver and another one: a gore brute to rape the asphalt at midnight runs.
I hope you find one that makes you happy. I looked for months before buying mine . I picked the touring car because it had everything I want in a coupe . I’m not a convertible fan , so it’s a hard tip for me . I dig everything about her . And it’s a joy restoring her back to factory life. Again I hope you find one . You won’t regret it. Z’s have been around quite awhile and their not going anywhere. Take care .....