Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Lotus vs. Nismo Z

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 11:49 AM
cvt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
I said NO SKIDPAD TEST WITH R&T. Do you not read?
yes i did..here is your quote:

Show me where the Z has been tested for the skidpad yet? It hasn't. So you can't make that assumption. All we have are slalom numbers. Per another person on here, the NISMO Z got over 1.00G on their tests as well.
nowhere does it say R&T in your comment. is that clear enough for you? I think you are so into this argument that you don't know what you pooped out of your mouth anymore.

and what is so strange? just because a car can have a higher slalom doesn't always mean it will have a higher skidpad.

i mean were did you get your car learnin' from? the pages of super street and import tuner???

and you still keep making accusations of maturity when it is you who got all frazzled by a guy who has stated that he'd chose the nismo Z over the lotus...lol. you are quite a character.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:53 AM
cvt

Originally Posted by gringott
but I personally wouldn't buy one. It's not a dam Ferrarri or something. Its a NISSAN. An overpriced NISSAN.
ouch...that's harsh. i think for what you pay for the Nismo Z is an overachiever. not a lot of cars can do what the nismo can do for 38K...including evos ...oops, gone too far?
Old 10-17-2007, 12:48 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by cvt
ouch...that's harsh. i think for what you pay for the Nismo Z is an overachiever. not a lot of cars can do what the nismo can do for 38K...including evos ...oops, gone too far?
I like the car....my point was no test drive, no buy. I understand that with an expensive (well over $100K) car, dealers might not want to have one with some miles on it, in other words, no demos, and I understand that with many limited edition items, people will buy them no matter what. WTF, it's not even REALLY a NISMO, some other company got subbed the special work that went into it, NISMO never touched it. It should be called the Autech Z. Well that's marketing. Anyway, it's nice, and I agree, at least according to the reviews, etc, it is an overachiever, esp for the base price. As for evos, not my cup of tea, never did like them at all, but that's me, so you didn't go too far.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:37 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I am back for a second just to point out what CVT obviously overlooked.

You don't read too well.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...4&postcount=62

PS, I am the only one staying calm in this topic. Your the one that seems to be going crazy. lol

Originally Posted by cvt
yes i did..here is your quote:

nowhere does it say R&T in your comment. is that clear enough for you? I think you are so into this argument that you don't know what you pooped out of your mouth anymore.

and what is so strange? just because a car can have a higher slalom doesn't always mean it will have a higher skidpad.

i mean were did you get your car learnin' from? the pages of super street and import tuner???

and you still keep making accusations of maturity when it is you who got all frazzled by a guy who has stated that he'd chose the nismo Z over the lotus...lol. you are quite a character.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:52 PM
cvt

So I am back for a second just to point out what CVT obviously overlooked.

You don't read too well.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...4&postcount=62

PS, I am the only one staying calm in this topic. Your the one that seems to be going crazy. lol
nice try. your edmunds comment was AFTER the fact that you stated there was NO skidpad results (to which i responded) for the Z and AFTER i showed you the link.

who are you trying to fool? anyone can just go back the history of your posts and conclude that you have come aboard the NISMO crazy train..lol.

so by your reasoning. do you think after doing a test on the nismo Z that gets .91gs and the elise getting 1.03gs that miraculously another magazine test will feature better skidpad numbers for the Z???? .91 and 1.03 is a HUGE gap.

maybe you should go back and re-READ the previous posts...
Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 PM
alexfair

Originally Posted by gringott
I like the car....my point was no test drive, no buy. I understand that with an expensive (well over $100K) car, dealers might not want to have one with some miles on it, in other words, no demos, and I understand that with many limited edition items, people will buy them no matter what. WTF, it's not even REALLY a NISMO, some other company got subbed the special work that went into it, NISMO never touched it. It should be called the Autech Z. Well that's marketing. Anyway, it's nice, and I agree, at least according to the reviews, etc, it is an overachiever, esp for the base price. As for evos, not my cup of tea, never did like them at all, but that's me, so you didn't go too far.

I'm sorry you have such a bitter opinion. I was able to test drive a Nismo in fact the dealer i bought mine from had 10 of them in stock 3 white 2 red, 3 blacks and 2 silvers. I think i test drove a silver and the dealer knew i wasn't going to buy the silver.

The Nismo is definately a step up from the standard Z. Everything about it breaths success, as far as handling and road feel go. I always have a good time driving this car. I can't wait for the Nismo Intakes to come in.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:54 PM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by alexfair
I'm sorry you have such a bitter opinion. I was able to test drive a Nismo in fact the dealer i bought mine from had 10 of them in stock 3 white 2 red, 3 blacks and 2 silvers. I think i test drove a silver and the dealer knew i wasn't going to buy the silver.

The Nismo is definately a step up from the standard Z. Everything about it breaths success, as far as handling and road feel go. I always have a good time driving this car. I can't wait for the Nismo Intakes to come in.
See, that's my point and how it should be handled. Color doesn't matter, if you are paying good money for a car that is a special handling or performance model, I personally want to drive one first, not buy it and hope it is what I wanted / expected. Sort of like getting married to a woman overseas based on a picture and a letter (mail order bride). She might be everything you expected and wanted, then again, maybe not. And those car payments often last longer than a lot of marriages.

I'm glad you like yours, and I am sure it is a step up from an assembly line Z. I am sure if I purchased one, I would be enthusiastic about it as well. But I would, again, insist on doing what you did, test drive one. Anyway, congrats on the purchase.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:59 PM
spf4000

So much misinformation on this thread about the Elise/Exige...

There's only so much you can get from looking at numbers. You really have to drive the cars yourselves to get the difference in feel. I haven't driven the Nismo Z yet, but I owned a Z modded for the track for three years, and I now own an Elise, and the differences are night and day in terms of handling. 1300 lb weight advantage is definitely significant.

If anyone with a Nismo Z in the LA are would like to do a comparison, let me know and we'll set up a day to compare them at Buttonwillow or Willow Springs.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:00 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by cvt
nice try. your edmunds comment was AFTER the fact that you stated there was NO skidpad results (to which i responded) for the Z and AFTER i showed you the link.

who are you trying to fool? anyone can just go back the history of your posts and conclude that you have come aboard the NISMO crazy train..lol.

so by your reasoning. do you think after doing a test on the nismo Z that gets .91gs and the elise getting 1.03gs that miraculously another magazine test will feature better skidpad numbers for the Z???? .91 and 1.03 is a HUGE gap.

maybe you should go back and re-READ the previous posts...

Your not worth my time anymore. Your posting worthless information and nothing more than insults. Grow up.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:07 PM
cwestrx7

SOLO-350Z just take your car to the track and see how it stacks up against an Elise for yourself. You are making yourself look like a fool with your 1mph slalom difference as your only ground to stand on.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:16 PM
mdracer76
Banned

I have driven both, (I actually keep Brent's lotus in one of my garages) and there is no way that the Nismo Z, over time will keep up with the lotus.

Even if we cloned me, and had the same driver in each car, the clone of me in the lotus is going to go around the track faster, than the clone of me in the Nismo Z. And after several laps, when the OEM Brembos on the Z are starting to fade, the Elise's brakes are going to be just fine, because it does not have to stop 3K plus pounds of car.

get off the crack ...
Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM
adrianko43

Originally Posted by cwestrx7
SOLO-350Z just take your car to the track and see how it stacks up against an Elise for yourself. You are making yourself look like a fool with your 1mph slalom difference as your only ground to stand on.

+1, the only one here that seems to be going crazy is SOLO-350Z.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:41 PM
cvt

Your not worth my time anymore. Your posting worthless information and nothing more than insults. Grow up.

worthless information? i've posted said skidpads that you claim were not tested AND track experience form both said cars discussed? you have yet to announce you even did some flog time in a lotus. what have YOU contributed....'slalom numbers, slalom numbers, wah, wah, my NISMO is the best, wah, wah'-you keep telling me to grow up but it's you who is looking like a fool.

YOU started with the insults. every inquiry or question you had i answered and you just keep reverting back to immaturity and false statements and 1/2 truths. keep posting as it is doing wonders for your reputation around here...lol.

btw-a comparo at streets of willow will favor the Z (at least when i drove the 2 cars the Nismo Z felt much faster especially in the striaghts and 20 deg. bends). i've never been to button willow. how is the track there?
Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
cvt

Originally Posted by adrianko43
+1, the only one here that seems to be going crazy is SOLO-350Z.
+2, he seems to suffer form a severe case of fanboism. even after i have stated over...and over again that i my weapon of choice on a certain track would be the nismo Z, he still has a heartache...at least he's got slalom numbers...i hope it keeps him warm at night.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

lol, kid, you were the one that started calling people names.

Anyone can go back and look and see you were the one that came in here and started it all.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:10 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Yea, the weight really helps. lol

Just so you know, our local autox this past weekend results:

5 40 Ray LeBlanc Lotus silver 61.815 60.129 59.850 59.518+1 58.887 57.003

1T 4 Ian Raden Polar Blue 2006 Lotus Exige 64.107 63.777 63.407 73.903+dnf 61.893 61.893

1T 350 Ed Quini Silverstone 2006 Nissan 350Z 60.530+1 60.779 58.940 58.017 58.455 58.017
58.495 -
2 22 Jason Garza White 2004 Nissan 350Z 65.373+1 63.518 62.830+1 62.774 62.173 61.671
61.671 3.654
Old 10-17-2007, 06:15 PM
SergEK

Here is something thats interesting to think about

1900lbs + turbo (400whp) = 4.75 or 600whp at 3.16

3400lbs + turbo (500whp) = 6.8 or 800whp at 4.25

You can never overcome the weight advantage ....for a daily the Z makes more sense....for a track car neither would be my choice....this would be...almost 12 flats out of the box and handling limits above an Elise for sure

The reality is our daily drivers will factor in more practicality than anything else...trunk space, leg room, etc...in this area no one contends that an Elise is a cruise like the Z is.....if your gonna give up ride comfort, trunk space and ease of ingress/egress why not just get an Ariel Atom 2?

For everything else I think the Z wins its place as a better daily....as far as which is a betters drivers car...I think the Elise is as pure as you can get a unibody production car to perfection....its basically a soild piece of aluminium....road feel, steering feedback....its pure communication in a road friendly format...the Z not so much

But again...if your hardcore and want a crazy MR track machine you keep in the garage and is road legal....Ariel Atom 2 FTW....everything else is purely secondary....Z, Z06, Elise....whatever....for 60K new its a wild ride IMO anyway

Last edited by SergEK; 10-17-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:29 PM
spf4000

Originally Posted by SergEK
For everything else I think the Z wins its place as a better daily....as far as which is a betters drivers car...I think the Elise is as pure as you can get a unibody production car to perfection....its basically a soild piece of aluminium....road feel, steering feedback....its pure communication in a road friendly format...the Z not so much
Actually, the Elise does not use a unibody construction. It has an aluminum tub with a composite body placed on top.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:35 PM
SergEK

Originally Posted by spf4000
Actually, the Elise does not use a unibody construction. It has an aluminum tub with a composite body placed on top.
I never said is was a unibody but considering the current majority of road cars are unibody, and the fact it will be compared to them, thats why I made my statement.....I have seen the way they build them (pictures) and have seen them at my local autoXs and drag events.....many of the sections are glued together to construct it, its not like a billet tub....its more sections pieced together to make one solid frame...throw some body work on it ...but I dont think unibody cars, especially a seam welded car, is terribly different. Obviously it cant mimic one solid piece but its much closer than a traditional unibody car in terms of rigidity

I know of one guy who is switching from his B series powerplant to a built K series motor with boost...serious car (older elise though, pre super insect version)

Its a drivers car for sure....comfy road trip car....errr probably not...but thats okay

Last edited by SergEK; 10-17-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Lotus vs. Nismo Z