Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo down with clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 PM
whitt1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo down with clutch problems

My Nismo Z has spent the last 2 weeks in the shop,while I argued with Nissan about warranting a clutch with 4100 miles.I told them that my clutch had stuck to the floor in traffic roasting the clutch while I made my way to the shoulder in rush hour traffic.Their response was that there was no problem with the hydraulics because there was no sign of leakage,it would cost $2393 to replace the clutch.I called Nissan who drug their feet for a week and finally responded that Nissan would not warrant my car because it had been raced and Drifted according to the dealer.This same dealer who I bought the car from,was quite indigent with me for showing them the spacers I removed from the front suspension,telling me I should not have removed them.I guess I will have to pay to replace the clutch after the sales manager from the dealership told Nissan I was some kind of 54 year old outlaw racer.My lawyer thinks he can get Nissan to pay in arbitration after I replace the clutch.Should I get the clutch replaced at another dealer or an independent garage.By the way when I picked the car up tonight the hydraulics gave up completely forcing me to restart the car in 2nd gear at each traffic light and drive in 2nd gear to make it home.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:22 PM
whitt1

I showed the new car sales manager the threads,but the service manager had already talked to Nissan,he was never available when I called or showed up at the dealership.He finally returned my call from 2 days previous,one of many, today hung up on me when he found I was upset and on my way to pickup the car and gone when I got to the dealership.I have avoided naming the dealership because I don't know the policy of the forum,but I believe that this dealership should be avoided.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:28 PM
RANDY350Z

Get the car fixed and take them to small claims court. No need to get an atorney involved unless you are going for the lemon law. Take it to another dealer and tell them the problem. No way should you have to pay for a new clutch at 4100 miles even if you ragged it you would at least get 25000 miles on it. Make sure you get all the paper work and read your warranty thoughrly, then submit your claim, Cost will be about 45.00 to file. Chances are Nissan will not send someone out and the judgement will be in your favor. Then show up at the Nissan dealer and start gathering their property which will be in the ruling.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 PM
RANDY350Z

I ment to mention, call Nissan back and get intouch with their service rep or talk to someone else at customer service and tell them you will take them to small claims court. Chances are you will meet with their service rep and they will fix it. ( I have experience in this)
Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

The dealership can NOT just say you were drifting and racing the car without any kine evidence. Threaten legal action. They'll get their act together REAL quick.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:39 AM
whitt1

When I bought this car a little over a month ago,I signed a paper saying that all disputes over warranty would be handled by an arbitrator,so they would probably ignore a small claims judgment.And obviously the dealer doesn't stand behind their customers,I guess my lawyer will have to find out how to start the arbitration process.I plan to call all the other dealers here in Memphis today for estimates on a clutch job,take the lowest bid and get the car fixed.

Last edited by whitt1; 11-16-2007 at 02:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2007, 07:09 AM
whitt1

According to Nissan1 there are no recalls,no service bullitins and no problems with the clutch on an 07 350z.The expense is all mine there is no warranty on my clutch. I did lodge a formal complaint and got the address for my attorney to request arbitration.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:05 PM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by whitt1
According to Nissan1 there are no recalls,no service bullitins and no problems with the clutch on an 07 350z.The expense is all mine there is no warranty on my clutch. I did lodge a formal complaint and got the address for my attorney to request arbitration.
There might not be a warranty on the clutch (which normally there isn't since it's wear/tear item), but if it's caused by something else failing (in your case, unless you really were ragging on it and smoked it), it would be covered. Especially with the abundance of evidence that this isn't a one car here, one car there thing. This is a wide spread problem with the '07's. I think a lawyer and maybe even a class-action is in order.
Old 05-09-2008, 07:25 PM
nismogizmo

Default class action

i have also posted a thread asking for interested parties that may want to pursue a class action scenario. I think its time. Paying for my clutch when i KNOW it was not normal wear and tear is unnacceptable to me and should be to you. There has got to be actions we can take, as one, or as whole.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:10 PM
InSaNeZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear, hope everything goes well for you
Old 05-10-2008, 10:05 AM
nismogizmo

Default recall?

so from what ive read on these threads...there was a recall for the clutch problem on a batch of nismos? I have an 07 #378. I have that same clutch problem but i never received a recall notice, nor has nissan told me there was such for my car.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:00 PM
Blu Hvn

Maybe this will help.
http://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/364

Good luck!
Old 05-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Ex2cinaZ
Destructo Girl

Originally Posted by nismogizmo
so from what ive read on these threads...there was a recall for the clutch problem on a batch of nismos? I have an 07 #378. I have that same clutch problem but i never received a recall notice, nor has nissan told me there was such for my car.

LOL that recall is a f'n joke. All they replace is the slave cylander, Josh's nismo (my husband) got recalled but mine didn't and I'm the one with the F'n problem!!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:33 PM
whitt1

The car was fixed the first week of December,I replaced the clutch slave cylinder with the updated part and installed a new stock clutch all at my expense.If I had waited on Nissan to fix the problem the car would still be setting and the dealer would have begun to charge for storage.I took pricing and found a cheaper price for the clutch and installation.For $1100 it was not worth taking on Nissan in court.The bottom line is I had planned to buy a GTR,that I will not purchase and I will never buy another car from kerras Nissan or any of his other dealerships and I'm quite vocal in my opinion of both Kerras Nissan and Nissan motors.I tell my friends that new Nissans are sold as is with no warranty.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Z_Touring

Just wanted to put this out there. I was at the race track and I have had the same problem with my clutch (usually at the track on launch). I was BSing with a guy I met with a 2007 Procharged corvette that I just raced and an older guy came up that has been racing Z06 Corvettes since they came out in 2002 or whatever. The guy is definately knowledgable and was running 11.15 from his stock Z06. Anyways, we were talking about clutch slippage and he said that he knew about the problems with the Z's and the Vettes had the same problem. Bottom line is we swapped out the clutch fluid with synthetic (can't remember the name but it's like 3 or 4 bucks at walmart) and he said he gaurantees that will fix it because he's seen it 100's of times before. Well, I have never had my clutch stick to the floor since. Just thought I would throw this out there. 4 dollars is cheaper than a new clutch. We did it quick at the track. Here is how you do it. Take your cap off, take a syringe looking thing (like a turkey baster I guess) and suck out the fluid in the reservoir. Then fill it back up with the synthetic but only fill it to the full line. Replace cap and fully depress clutch pedal 30 times (no more no less) then repeat the process. After a couple of times you will notice the clutch fluid getting clearer. Keep doing this until the clutch fluid looks like new (really clear). Then you are all set. If you do alot of spirited driving then you want to keep an eye on it every so often (I would say every couple of thousand miles just to see the color). Hope this helps atleast some of you out.

-Scott
Old 05-12-2008, 05:58 PM
Youngz

I PMed this but figured others may enjoy reading my clutch and flywheel experience....

Hey,

Its awful that you are going through the same EXACT ******** that Nissan put me through with my car. At 8,000 miles my clutch and flywheel was warped and completely trashed from normal day to day driving. They replaced that one for free....

14,000 miles the clutch and flywheel are once again completely f*c*ed. Nissan of Daytona said it was my fault and they wanted to charge me $2000 to replace. I told them to go fu*k themselves and had my car towed out of their garage into my buddies and I replaced the clutch and flywheel myself for $800 and since then (43,000miles) havent had a single issue. Nissan is ignoring a very well know issue and fu*king over its owners. I went to the regional guy and he brushed me off. I complained about the service manager as an incompetant idiot and instead of firing his stupid *** they fire the poor service lady who was nothing but nice and helpful to me.

Nissan dealers FTMFL. I do everything myself now.

Hope it all works out. I say do it yourself, tell Nissan to eat ****, buy an Exedy or similar clutch and you will be happy in the long run.

Joe