Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 10:25 AM
MsLiLBlackNismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Exhaust

Hey guys hopefully this isnt a repost and forgive me if it is.... A friend of mine has offered to buy my exhaust off my Nismo... But my issue with the whole thing, is its not really an exhaust right?? It more like a muffler right?? Please someone correct me if I am wrong, but I would like to make sure I (for one) know what I would be selling him, this way both him and I are on the same page with things..... Also, what should I be asking as far as a sales price?? Thanks guys for your imput...
Old 01-03-2009, 10:34 AM
mikedbz

It's basically a muffler and a single pipe that goes about half way up the car to a Y pipe that connects to the cats. The Nismo exhaust is all parts that come after the cats. So the cats, exhaust manifolds and everything stay in your car. From what I've been told, it's a pretty easy job to change a cat-back like the Nismo. I hope that after you sell it, you are going to a true dual or somthing?

It's a fairly expensive exhaust option, so you should be able to get decent money out of it. I think they still cost around a grand new, I'm not sure on used value, but I'd imagine it's $500 or more. You'll have to do some searching to find current used price.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Lento

You are correct. It is the standard exaust with Nismo tips which provide no additional performace. It just makes the exaust sound a little different.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Hokie Z

Originally Posted by mikedbz
It's basically a muffler and a single pipe that goes about half way up the car to a Y pipe that connects to the cats. The Nismo exhaust is all parts that come after the cats. So the cats, exhaust manifolds and everything stay in your car. From what I've been told, it's a pretty easy job to change a cat-back like the Nismo. I hope that after you sell it, you are going to a true dual or somthing?
He's referring to the exhaust from the Nismo Z, not the nismo exhaust. And yes OP its just a different muffler, you won't get any performance gains.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 AM
MsLiLBlackNismo

Originally Posted by mikedbz

It's a fairly expensive exhaust option, so you should be able to get decent money out of it. I think they still cost around a grand new, I'm not sure on used value, but I'd imagine it's $500 or more. You'll have to do some searching to find current used price.
Ya I will be going with a true duel.... I am currently torn between the Injen and the Greddys... More than likely I will be getting the Injens.....

Originally Posted by Hokie Z
He's referring to the exhaust from the Nismo Z, not the nismo exhaust. And yes OP its just a different muffler, you won't get any performance gains.

Ya I am refering to the exhaust off the Nismo Z... Sorry if I wasnt clear....
Old 01-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Nismospeed4life

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In addition to her question, I was wondering wether her Nismo (And by Nismo we are talking not the regular Nismo exhaust sold for the Z, but rather the one that comes in the limited numbered Nismo Z.) exhaust will fit on a regular Z?
Old 01-04-2009, 11:11 AM
sluggoZ

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismospeed4life
In addition to her question, I was wondering wether her Nismo (And by Nismo we are talking not the regular Nismo exhaust sold for the Z, but rather the one that comes in the limited numbered Nismo Z.) exhaust will fit on a regular Z?
The 3pc catback exhaust on the Nismo car is not the same as the 3pc S-tune Nismo exhaust that a lot of the guys buy for their Z. The one on the Nismo car is cheaply made therefore worth less.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:41 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

The "Nismo exhaust" that comes standard on the 2007-2008 Nismo Z is exactly the same up to the muffler. Only difference is the muffler itself, as its design is a bit different to accommodate the different rear bumper of the Nismo Z. However, even with the design difference, the Nismo Z's muffler will fit the regular Zs, although the muffler will probably sit a bit higher and the tips will sit lower than the regular Z mufflers.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 PM
MsLiLBlackNismo

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
The "Nismo exhaust" that comes standard on the 2007-2008 Nismo Z is exactly the same up to the muffler. Only difference is the muffler itself, as its design is a bit different to accommodate the different rear bumper of the Nismo Z. However, even with the design difference, the Nismo Z's muffler will fit the regular Zs, although the muffler will probably sit a bit higher and the tips will sit lower than the regular Z mufflers.
Very true.....